Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Now this comes from someone else that has talked to Gary very recently. (He tells me he saw the Tribe of Judah show in Somerville Mass)

He writes for the Boston Pheonix and says that he was told that the word out of LA is that Sammy is in talks about rejoining Van Halen.
    It is being rumored that Michael Anthony is the one responsible for "bridging the gap" between Eddie & Sammy.
    But Alex has been a little reluctant to this happening. (IMO, he probably wants another "single guy" to pal around with on the next tour. Not another married guy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

I hope that this isn't true, let me re-phrase that.
    I would prefer Dave but maybe even Van Halen's patience is wearing out much like their fans and want to get the machine running again.

I just want Van Halen back.

Shit, even I'll sing [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The band gettig back with Sammy would be great news. It's about 3 years late but still great news. I've got a gut feeling Sam will be back in the mix very soon.
    I still think thats mikey doing the backing vocals on Serious JuJu-the Somebody save the world line. Sam and Mike talk alot from what I hear so this really is not that far fetched.

Al Hagar

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I don't think anything would surprise me anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Then again, if Dave...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems like Roth is gonna blow it again. I hope Sam sneeks in the back door and we can end this stupidity once and for all. Sam Halen is better then no Halen at all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like Dave or Sammy back. I just don't care for a 4th singer at this point in time. VH has some issues they need resolved with either Roth or Hagar. I think it's beyond time that VH got off of their asses and did something.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I hope the guy you heard that from is right. Good for Mike to keep in touch with Sammy. Just because they're not in the same band doesn't mean they can't be friends. Didn't Mike attend one of Sammy's shows on his last tour? I really hope it happens. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i don't care if it's sam or dave anymore, just want some new music and a tour.

it's taken long enough.

if we have no news on vh by jan 1st, forget about dave coming back.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Read Mike's interviews in the interview section here...He didn't want Dave back in the band...Mike stepping in and mediating sounds plausible...I'd like to see Sammy again with VH...However, that comes with the understanding that the chances of EVER hearing "Mean Street" again live will drop exponentially if Sam comes back...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    Great, that's all I need, another VH tour where all I hear from the first 6 records are Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Jump and Panama.

I loved Sammy in the band for the first 2 albums, but it got old to me. I'd rather have a 4th singer, maybe even more than getting Dave back. Get a different singer and give the band a new name. I'm so tired of all this. ugh.

Eddymon = singer #4 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shit, that'd be great news if it's at all true. I'd love to see Sammy back. The chemistry, when it was good, showed in the way they played off each other.
    If they're not gonna use Glenn [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I would be disappointed, but I'd like to hear that they were working with Sam again.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AL HAGAR:
    I still think thats mikey doing the backing vocals on Serious JuJu-the Somebody save the world line. Sam and Mike talk alot from what I hear so this really is not that far fetched.

Al Hagar
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy shit, I'm not the only that thinks that?? At first I thought it was a little far fetched too but the more I thought about it, why the hell not??? The first couple of times I heard it, I kind of thought it was Mona but the more I hear it, the more I'm convinced it's Mikey.
    [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    -------------------------------------------

As for Sammy rejoining the band, I'm not too thrilled about the idea. The shows were getting pretty weak every tour. I was getting tired of the same ol' VH show. I was also sick of hearing practically all of the latest album live. I don't mind hearing some new tunes but not 85% of the show. I can sit home, listen to the album & save 30 bucks. Also I was getting tired of hearing the same 4 classic VH tunes & the same 3 Hagar solo tunes every single tour. They really needed to mix things up more.

Oh well........................
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Maybe Van Halen is looking out for themselves here. Since Dave has the rumored-EEAS reunion as a backup plan, maybe Van Halen is doing the same. I would LOVE to see DLR back behind the mic but if it doesn't happen, I'd want to see Sammy back. Imagine this. Instead of 'Eagles Fly' and 'I Cant Drive 55' we can hear 'Mas Tequila', 'Serious JuJu' or even 'Little White Lie' [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

I'd like to hear VH cover some of Sammy's newer tunes. But first, give me some new VAN HALEN!!!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Regardless of who's singing, I have a message for Van Halen;

STOP PLAYING THE IDENTICAL SETLIST EVERY FUCKING NIGHT. NIGHT AFTER NIGHT, OVER AND OVER. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), STOP BEATING THE SAME SETLIST TO DEATH!!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If Sammy comes back, it'd be cool to hear Van Halenized versions of Red, Rock Candy, Heavy Metal, and Bad Motor Scooter. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] They should vary the setlist because they only played I Can't Drive 55, One Way To Rock, Eagles Fly, and Give To Live.

But, most importantly, like Raldo said, first we need some new VH! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

11.09.05 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hellohawk said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Eddymon = singer #4<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, don't forget Mitch Malloy, that would make Eddymon #5. Rock on Eddymon, please give me an update on the recording of VH IV.
    [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    <b><i>They call me the thread killer.</b></i><br /><br />First six albums rule. In addition, the following represent the only two Y2K release in the world that are preventing me from losing it altogether waiting for the VH reunion.<br /><br /><b>Galactic Cowboys</b> <b><i>Let It Go</b></i><br /><b>King's X</b> <b><i>Manic Moonlight</b></i><br /><b>Rush</b> <b><i>Vapor Trails</b></i> <br /><b>David Douglas</b> <b><i>Music From A Guest Room</b></i><br /><br />Later, VHDOF