Backstage Meet And Greet Stories - Van Halen Links.com
VHLinks.com  
Search    
FOLLOW US!  TWITTER / FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE | 2012 VH Tour | database | add site | contact  
Official Merchandise
Van Halen Store
Stage Left
Add A Site
News Archive
New Sites
Cool Sites
Top Rated
Random Site
Modify A Site
2012 Van Halen Tour
2007-08 Van Halen Tour
2004 Van Halen Tour
Van Halen Un-Radio
VHLinks/VHForums Store
Puzzles
Interviews
Eddie Van Halen
David Lee Roth
Sammy Hagar
Michael Anthony
Alex Van Halen
Gary Cherone
Miscellaneous

Free VH E-Mail
@fairwarning.com
New User Sign-Up
Lost Password
Newsletter
Sign-up for our periodic site newsletter.

VHL

Welcome to Van Halen Links.com, the largest web community of fans of the band, and site directory. You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you only limited access to the discussion and other board features. Dive into the discussions with other Van Halen fans and register a free account today. It takes only 30 seconds to fill out the form.

And if you want to take further advantage of being a member here, for $9 a year ($14 for two years), you can become a Premium Member of our board which gives you:
  • 200 megs of upload space
  • Custom avatars
  • Expanded Private Message quota
  • Custom user titles
  • Access to our special member forums
  • And much more!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Van Halen Links.com > Archived Forums > 2007 Van Halen Tour

Share This Thread!  

Notices

2007 Van Halen Tour

After 22 years, David Lee Roth has officially rejoined Van Halen, along with Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. The band prepares to launch a North American tour starting September 27, 2007 in Charlotte, NC. This forum is for all 2007 tour-related information and discussion.

2007 Van Halen Tour

Old 12.04.07, 09:32 PM   #1
forrestjump
Hot For Teacher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: 84
Favorite VH Song: Unchained
Default Backstage Meet And Greet Stories

Just thought I haven't seen any thread about this but I know the reviews are great and all, also would love to hear stories of meeting with the band before or after the shows??
Thanks,
Forrest
ps.. please close this if there already is a thread!! Thanks!!
Old 12.05.07, 03:32 AM   #2
sickman
Baluchitherium

Liked 415 Times in 231 Posts

Donor

I don't believe they are doing meet and greet, otherwise a lot of us would have been there.
Old 12.05.07, 08:23 AM   #3
jeffbug
Romeo Delight

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On a side note, I've met and got things autographed by every VH member except Wolfgang.
Dave: I've met him twice. Once outside a Boston radio staton in 1994 where I got his autograph. The second time was when he was rehearsing with the Boston Pops Orchestra in 2004 for the 4th of July extravaganza in Boston. I went there the day before because I figured he'd be rehearsing and he was. He came out after and I shook his hand and spoke with him for a moment. I forgot to bring a camera with me. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that one. Funny thing about that meeting was his band got into a van and left, while Dave decided to walk back to his hotel. It was just a few blocks and he did have a big bodyguard.

Sammy: He signed an Inside magazine for me after his show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston in 1999 while walking to his limo.

Eddie,Alex Mike and Gary: Met all four of them at the in store signing they did at the Virgin Mega Store in Times Square back in 1998. Eddie was acting strange that day. It doesn't surprise that VH nearly fell apart in the coming years.

Gary: I've met Gary countless time by himself because we both hail from the same hometown. Cool guy, no rock star ego whatsoever. Very approachable and nice to everyone who recognizes him.
Old 12.05.07, 11:46 AM   #4
LeftyVanHalen
Eruption

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbug View Post
On a side note, I've met and got things autographed by every VH member except Wolfgang.
Dave: I've met him twice. Once outside a Boston radio staton in 1994 where I got his autograph. The second time was when he was rehearsing with the Boston Pops Orchestra in 2004 for the 4th of July extravaganza in Boston. I went there the day before because I figured he'd be rehearsing and he was. He came out after and I shook his hand and spoke with him for a moment. I forgot to bring a camera with me. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that one. Funny thing about that meeting was his band got into a van and left, while Dave decided to walk back to his hotel. It was just a few blocks and he did have a big bodyguard.

Sammy: He signed an Inside magazine for me after his show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston in 1999 while walking to his limo.

Eddie,Alex Mike and Gary: Met all four of them at the in store signing they did at the Virgin Mega Store in Times Square back in 1998. Eddie was acting strange that day. It doesn't surprise that VH nearly fell apart in the coming years.

Gary: I've met Gary countless time by himself because we both hail from the same hometown. Cool guy, no rock star ego whatsoever. Very approachable and nice to everyone who recognizes him.
Cool story. Thanks for sharing. Not to knock on Gary but why would he have an attitude...the guy isnt a rock star and will go down as the guy who sucked in VH. That's my story and i'm sticking to it...
Old 12.05.07, 02:11 PM   #5
kaystayflaar
Romeo Delight

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to kaystayflaar

My ex girlfriend met Eddie a few week ago in Boston. She said she was walking home from her job and saw a guy asking a taxi driver for directions. She said he looked vaguely familiar and he wasn't getting far with the cab driver so she went closer and noticed the franky style chuck taylors.

She said "are you eddie van halen?" and he said "yeah". she asked him if he needed help and i guess he had gone out for a walk and forgotten how to get back to his hotel. Anyway, she ended up walking him back to where he was staying. She said he was a real nice guy and seemed to be very happy and proud of the tour.

It was a cool story.
Old 12.05.07, 03:30 PM   #6
TAMPA VH
On Fire

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: VH2
Favorite VH Song: OUTA LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaystayflaar View Post
My ex girlfriend met Eddie a few week ago in Boston. She said she was walking home from her job and saw a guy asking a taxi driver for directions. She said he looked vaguely familiar and he wasn't getting far with the cab driver so she went closer and noticed the franky style chuck taylors.

She said "are you eddie van halen?" and he said "yeah". she asked him if he needed help and i guess he had gone out for a walk and forgotten how to get back to his hotel. Anyway, she ended up walking him back to where he was staying. She said he was a real nice guy and seemed to be very happy and proud of the tour.

It was a cool story.
Oh, ok !!!! Ed taking a stroll through downtown Boston and some stranger walks him back to his hotel. WTF ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12.05.07, 03:32 PM   #7
TAMPA VH
On Fire

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: VH2
Favorite VH Song: OUTA LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
Oh, ok !!!! Ed taking a stroll through downtown Boston and some stranger walks him back to his hotel. WTF ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw DLR at Cheers in Boston, he was just sitting there by himself and he asked if he could jerk me off ! He seemed really proud to pose the question.
Old 12.05.07, 03:59 PM   #8
kaystayflaar
Romeo Delight

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to kaystayflaar

Contrary to popular belief.... Celebrities are people... and they go places.
Old 12.05.07, 04:29 PM   #9
hotforteacher921
Eruption

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: Van Halen
Favorite VH Song: Runnin' With The Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaystayflaar View Post
Contrary to popular belief.... Celebrities are people... and they go places.
exactly!
Old 12.06.07, 07:20 AM   #10
bret6262
Romeo Delight

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default VH

My friends have met the entire band in Philadelphia, NYC, and the Northwest so far this tour. The entire band has been nice per them- although DLR is not always staying with the band. My friends and I got to meet Alex and Wolfie after a recent West Coast show last week (both were very nice- posing with us and signing stuff, chatting)- here is what Alex signed for me- hopefully with some luck I can get EVH to sign some of this to complete them...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...202007/034.jpg

I asked Alex if he had any NAMM plans- he said he thinks they will be on tour then.
Old 12.06.07, 04:37 PM   #11
forrestjump
Hot For Teacher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: 84
Favorite VH Song: Unchained

Cool!!..Keep em' comin'!!
Old 12.06.07, 06:46 PM   #12
VanRoth07
Eruption

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I met Sammy In 2002, at least I think it was then, it was right before the Roth/Hagar tour, it hadnt been "confirmed" yet, someone else asked him if they were gonna tour together and:: he said, yes we are!! When I got up to him, he had his hand out, shook my hand smiled and said, hey man cool shirt, I had in a Sammy cabo wabo shirt of course, lol, i laughed and said, thanks!! he signed my Sammy live album and i went on my merry way
Old 12.06.07, 09:36 PM   #13
lmr5150
Eruption

Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
Favorite VH Album: Fair Warning
Favorite VH Song: Right Now

Premium Member

My brother used to be the manager of the Harp in Boston. Before I went to see him, I joked that Gary Cherone was from Boston and that maybe he would come to the bar. My brother laughed me off as another Van Halen douchebag. Lo and behold, the day after Thanksgiving 2001, I was at the Harp and GC came in to watch a friend who was playing in the band at the Harp that night. Needless to say, my drunk ass told him that I appreciated what he brought to VH and that I would have liked to have seen a second album before passing judgement on his tenure. All he had to say was, "Thank you. It was a tough gig." No truer words my friends.
Old 03.05.08, 01:41 PM   #14
jrnyc
Eruption

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Seeing the band before the show

Whats the best way to see the band coming into the arena before the show ? How early do you need to be there ?

A couple of years ago I saw U2 in concert 5 times, then I saw some pictures of them entering MSG and regretted not trying to get down there and get a close up look at the band.

Would like to see if I can see VH coming into MSG or Providence.
Old 03.05.08, 01:51 PM   #15
jomama
Top Of The World

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Favorite VH Album: Balance
Favorite VH Song: The Seventh Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret6262 View Post
My friends have met the entire band in Philadelphia, NYC, and the Northwest so far this tour. The entire band has been nice per them- although DLR is not always staying with the band. My friends and I got to meet Alex and Wolfie after a recent West Coast show last week (both were very nice- posing with us and signing stuff, chatting)- here is what Alex signed for me- hopefully with some luck I can get EVH to sign some of this to complete them...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...202007/034.jpg

I asked Alex if he had any NAMM plans- he said he thinks they will be on tour then.

that is a bad ass pic

1984 - Dallas
1987 - Dallas
1992 - Dallas
2008 - Jan 26
2008 - April 24
1987 DLR - Dallas

2006 Sammy - Dallas
2007 Sammy - Dallas

Tags
backstage, greet, meet, stories