PDA

View Full Version : Glitter?

Blind Willie Loons
06.19.00, 05:38 PM
Does Van Halen have an unreleased tune with this title?

No Bozos
06.20.00, 01:35 PM
Yes. Most of the track was played on one of the Slawterhouse "Dave-TV" episodes.

Glenn
06.20.00, 04:47 PM
Loons, I think Glitter is one of the songs on DLR Unleashed and Unreleased that I was trying to figure out. The track on the boot has Dave talking, then a Largo VH intro and then the song. The chorus does sound like they are saying Glitter. Is this a VH tune or Dave solo?

No Bozos
06.20.00, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that's the song Glitter. It's from Dave-TV (episode two).

No Bozos
06.20.00, 09:42 PM
....and yes, it's a VH song.

Glenn
06.21.00, 06:05 AM
Glitter is a VH song? Cool. When was it recorded? How come I've never seen it on any other bootlegs? Thanks.

No Bozos
06.21.00, 01:47 PM
I don't know when it was recorded, but judging from the quality and performance, I'd guess '75 or '76. There's another track that was in episode three that also sounds like it came from the same era, and also hadn't previously surfaced on boot.
The Keepers claimed these tracks (and others aired on Dave-TV)came from Dave's personal archives. TK also claim that Dave has pro shot film footage from all VH tours, and also has film footage from the club days, and even when they played backyard parties.
I'd love to hang out with Dave for a day, or two, just to see what he has in his archives.

Glenn
06.21.00, 08:01 PM
I see on the new VH site that Jonathan found that Glitter is listed, and it says that it was reportedly recorded for the band's first demo tape and then re-recorded in 1977. I wonder why this hasn't been bootlegged further? The DLR unreleased is the first I've ever seen it on a boot.

track 5
06.21.00, 08:10 PM
Very strange indeed Glenn. One would have thought that it would have surfaced by now. Cool though. Out.

tap1966
06.22.00, 04:34 AM
It's on the old website too
http://www.van-halen.com/unlist.html

Glenn
06.22.00, 06:19 AM
You're right Jonathan, I hadn't noticed that before. But if it's out there, how come it hasn't been on a bunch of different bootlegs?

Blind Willie Loons
06.22.00, 05:19 PM
Oops--I always thought Glitter was Winner in her eyes...I love it when chickadees wear glitter!