PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg Question #5

Foamfoot
06.23.00, 10:11 AM
I have three tracks that are all by themselves on a tape...

"Aint Talkin Bout Love".. an obvious soundcheck.. Dave talks to soundman, etc.
and "On Fire" where's are these from?

"On Fire".. instrumental, No Dave.

these 3 are from "the First Recordings" CD.. but anyone know the date/place?

Glenn
06.23.00, 10:25 AM
Is ATBL where Dave says at the start something about "use those chords we use"? I think that's the Gene Simmons demo from 76. I think the On Fire on is from Dave's basement in 1977, at least according to the Blueprint notes.

Foamfoot
06.23.00, 09:11 PM
yeah.. Dave says "Joe.. turn me down" during the 'hey, hey, hey' part.. then you here feedback.. and he says "Way Down! Way Down!"

Glenn
06.23.00, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I think that's the Gene Simmons demo of Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

track 5
06.24.00, 05:00 PM
It sounds like more of a souncheck at a hall somewhere. Doesn't strike me as something recorded in a studio. The Gene Simmons recordings have a totaly different sound. Out.

Glenn
06.24.00, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I just listened to it again, and I think I'm wrong. I don't know why I thought that was a Gene Simmons demo. On the Last Night boot, songs 2 and 3 (House of Pain and RWTD) are Gene Simmons demos aren't they? Song 1 of that boot is that version of ATBL, which is probably why I thought it was part of the Simmons demo. Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong about songs 2 and 3 on that boot.

Glenn
06.24.00, 05:22 PM
Okay, I'm going to get off the crack pipe now. I just pulled out the VHE and Ain't Talkin Bout Love wasn't even written until after the WB demo was done, so it couldn't have been on the Gene Simmons demo. The Gene Simmons demo was RWTD, House of Pain and Babe Don't Leave Me Alone. My apologies, I feel like a moron.

track 5
06.24.00, 05:22 PM
You are correct about two and three Glenn. Out

Glenn
06.24.00, 05:24 PM
Track, see my explanation above about ATBL.

track 5
06.24.00, 05:28 PM
It's been my experience that crack tends to do that to a person. Stay off the crack pipe dude! LOL.