PDA

View Full Version : Eruption vs. Spanish Fly

Top Jimmy84
05.31.00, 03:18 PM
I think Eruption is way better and more intriging. But lets look at it this way, I play guitar and all the real players say that you can hise behind distortion but when you play on acoustic it shows what kind of player you really are. But regardless, I like Eruption

------------------
Heroes are remembered but legends never die, and Eddie you are a legend

DonBoVH'66
05.31.00, 03:20 PM
Don't compare,just enjoy.
It's all good 'cause it's all Ed!

------------------
Happiness is a bathing suit.

seenbad
05.31.00, 08:55 PM
tj84, are you kidding?http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

YUUNNK!!

(this message will self destruct in 5 seconds)

seenbad
05.31.00, 08:58 PM
sorry, I should elaborate rather than being a smart ass.

Not about your opinion, just that there is any comparing the two. Spanish is fuckin great, but.....Eruption changed the worldhttp://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/cool.gif

------------------
sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

YUUNNK!!

(this message will self destruct in 5 seconds)

Wolfie3
06.01.00, 03:07 AM
Exactly ... I know it's a matter of opinion and Spanish Fly is definitely cool, but Eruption changed the face of rock guitar forever.

------------------
"Someone asked me the other day what I thought I had learned about making music after all these years, and I said, 'Nothing'." -EVH

Spanish Doctor
06.01.00, 04:37 AM
As I discovered both at the same time, I can't choose a favorite. Eruptino rocks more, but Spanish Fly is just damn perfect.

------------------
Eat Us And Smile!!!
"Van Halen is NOTHING without David Lee Roth!" - Howard Stern at the Private Parts premiere

paradiddle
06.01.00, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonBoVH'66:
Don't compare,just enjoy.
It's all good 'cause it's all Ed!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or: Who do you love more, your mom or your dad? Your dog or your cat? Your right leg or your left.

I just can't do it. This whole versus thing. Can't do it.

------------------
RLRR LRLL

Georgie
06.01.00, 02:12 PM
Love them both . . .Eruption is the juggernaut though!

Rokgtar
06.02.00, 06:17 PM
Yeah, gotta go with Eruption, though Spanish Fly was the logical way to go for a second instrumental. Different vibe, awesome technique. How could he top Eruption?

Glenn
06.02.00, 06:19 PM
I'm gonna go with Spanish Fly, because it's so cool to hear that stuff on the acoustic guitar.

track 5
06.02.00, 06:26 PM
Yea Glenn, and try to play it. It's somewhat easier to wing Eruption than Spanish Fly. Eruption can always turn the heads at the local music store, but Spanish Fly gets them comming on over and watching you. Out.

Glenn
06.02.00, 07:12 PM
Track 5, if I'm playing either of them in the music store, people are running for the door.http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

track 5
06.02.00, 07:16 PM
Now Glenn, that is some funny shit my man. Very funny indeed. Out.

BigBubba
06.02.00, 07:18 PM
i love the tapping in spanish fly! i wonder what the original version would sound like on electric...eruption baby!

------------------
*And The Cradle Will Rock...*

http://surf.to/atomicpunk

Down In Flames
06.03.00, 04:01 AM
Spanish Fly is amazing in its own right, but people, this isn't about opinions this is about fact! Eruption is a masterpiece! It changed muic! In 1:42 Eddie (with a little help from Mike and Al) signaled the end of tired old classic rock bands like Yes (Christ almighty I hate them...) and more importantly he drove a stake through the heart of disco.

Ed6150
06.04.00, 05:28 PM
Eruption

Malph
06.08.00, 01:49 PM
Spanish Fly. I love that heavenly, angelic sounding part towards the end. I can't imagine what could have posessed him to write something like that. To CHOOSE those notes... its just alien.

Unchained Wolfie
06.08.00, 03:37 PM
Spanish Fly is a great title for this solo. When you listen to this you can almost see the fly in front of you. I imagine a Dragon Fly. Same for Eruption. You can just imagine Mt ST Helens erupt when you listen to this one. I like Eruption better but Spanish Fly is great also.

------------------
Nick " Changed, Nothin' Stays The Same"

No Bozo's
08.27.00, 02:32 AM
Can ya compare? Electric vs. acoustic?

I'll have to go with Spanish Fly cause I can't play a lic to that song but as for eruption I can at least play a little of it ...

------------------
Broken down 'n' dirty dressed in rags

I'm searchin for a moonlight and maybe even for a moonbeam, Yah you spent a lie and got lost in the jetstream ...

crossing_over
08.27.00, 06:45 PM
wow are u kidding?

everybody here knows that ERUPTION is the best intrumental song of VH

------------------
I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Rippin Loud
08.29.00, 01:56 PM
Eruption!!!

Dan Halen
08.29.00, 07:03 PM
Eruption! The greatest guitar instrumental ever!

------------------
Dan Halen
http://www.geocities.com/dan_halen27/main.html