PDA

View Full Version : My Son is Hot For Teacher

Get The Show On The Road
04.14.19, 07:48 PM
Ever since I took my boys to see the Van Halen tribute band that played at my friend's event in March my oldest son has been on a Van Halen kick. His favorites are Panama and HFT. He asks me daily if we can "play" guitar.

I tried to show him a few things but his fingers are still too small to really play. But he gets the rhythms down pretty quick so when he can actually finger the notes I think he'll be okay.

Anyway, here's our jam!

https://youtu.be/xNYlWkMgxp8

Simon Ribeiro
04.16.19, 11:56 AM
Ever since I took my boys to see the Van Halen tribute band that played at my friend's event in March my oldest son has been on a Van Halen kick. His favorites are Panama and HFT. He asks me daily if we can "play" guitar.

I tried to show him a few things but his fingers are still too small to really play. But he gets the rhythms down pretty quick so when he can actually finger the notes I think he'll be okay.

Anyway, here's our jam!

Oh, man!!! What a nice post! Great jam there. :headbang:

I truly hope your kid learn how to play the guitar and maybe the drums as well. It's too damn cool to see a kid enjoying the stuff we do love. He had some fun while you're soloing near 3:20 and then again around 3:31!!!

Awesome job, GTSOTR!! :thumb:

(Kick ass axe, BTW)

Get The Show On The Road
04.16.19, 02:16 PM
Oh, man!!! What a nice post! Great jam there. :headbang:

I truly hope your kid learn how to play the guitar and maybe the drums as well. It's too damn cool to see a kid enjoying the stuff we do love. He had some fun while you're soloing near 3:20 and then again around 3:31!!!

Awesome job, GTSOTR!! :thumb:

(Kick ass axe, BTW)

Thanks man!

Its funny, when he thinks no one is looking he hams it up a little more. It was an eye opener trying to show him some simple chords, I forgot how hard it was for me to learn when I first started and I was a lot older than he is now.

I'll tell you what, I can definitely see why Ed wanted Wolf to play in his band. There's something about your boy showing an appreciation and enjoying something that you has given you so much joy over the years. Its fun to be able to "jam" with him even though he can't really play. Looking forward to when he can.

Oh, and he's asked for me to bring out my 5150 that's gathering dust in the garage. I might just have to hook it up to show him one of these days when mom isn't home - she bitches that the little modeling amp is too loud! :D

JUNGLE DRUMMER
04.16.19, 04:28 PM
Show and Mini-Show putting on a show! Looks like he wants a drumkit too, with all his airdrumming. Just sayin... :D

Simon Ribeiro
04.17.19, 06:03 AM
Thanks man!

Its funny, when he thinks no one is looking he hams it up a little more. It was an eye opener trying to show him some simple chords, I forgot how hard it was for me to learn when I first started and I was a lot older than he is now.

I'll tell you what, I can definitely see why Ed wanted Wolf to play in his band. There's something about your boy showing an appreciation and enjoying something that you has given you so much joy over the years. Its fun to be able to "jam" with him even though he can't really play. Looking forward to when he can.

Oh, and he's asked for me to bring out my 5150 that's gathering dust in the garage. I might just have to hook it up to show him one of these days when mom isn't home - she bitches that the little modeling amp is too loud! :D

Ah, kids do act that way. Sometimes a little shy, sometimes doing the 'let's go crazy now!' thing. My younger did the same, once in a while he still does.

Believe me when I say to you that I can also undestand the reason why EVH got WVH to play with him. It brings such a self satisfaction and proud thing that you can't compare to anything else. Hopefully he'll be able to play with you soon and I think you both will kick some a$$!!!

If you tape you guys hanging around again with that amp, please let us know so we can enjoy another killer jam, a louder one!!!!! :headbang:

PrideofPasadena
04.17.19, 07:52 PM
Great stuff, Show! Hopefully, another guitarist is in our midst.:headbang:
Or, maybe JD's right...guitar now drums later. :)

Get The Show On The Road
04.19.19, 09:13 AM
Show and Mini-Show putting on a show! Looks like he wants a drumkit too, with all his airdrumming. Just sayin... :D

LOL, we went to Guitar Center a while back and I went into the drum room and started playing one of the kits in there. He walked in and immediately put his hands over his ears complaining that it was too loud. I was hitting pretty hard but I'm thinking, "This is rock and roll son. Its supposed to be loud."

So I laugh when he keeps begging me to plug the 5150 in. Actually, they're home from school today and mom is at work so I might try an experiment here in a little bit. :D

Get The Show On The Road
04.19.19, 09:14 AM
Great stuff, Show! Hopefully, another guitarist is in our midst.:headbang:
Or, maybe JD's right...guitar now drums later. :)

If I had to guess I think he'll probably make a better drummer. He gets rhythms down pretty good. Plus then I can have my other one play bass and I'll have my band!

Get The Show On The Road
04.19.19, 04:06 PM
So I plugged into my 5150 for the first time since I moved into this house which was a little over six years ago.

Damn, I forgot how good that thing sounds! Playing through a dinky little combo amp just isn't the same.

I'm actually surprised it still works since it's just sat in my garage all this time.

Watching the kids scramble when i turned it up to 4 was funny. I put it back down to 2.

Get The Show On The Road
04.19.19, 04:09 PM
Ah, kids do act that way. Sometimes a little shy, sometimes doing the 'let's go crazy now!' thing. My younger did the same, once in a while he still does.

Believe me when I say to you that I can also undestand the reason why EVH got WVH to play with him. It brings such a self satisfaction and proud thing that you can't compare to anything else. Hopefully he'll be able to play with you soon and I think you both will kick some a$$!!!

If you tape you guys hanging around again with that amp, please let us know so we can enjoy another killer jam, a louder one!!!!! :headbang:

So I'll have to figure out a way to rig up my phone to record something with the 5150 because it's in the garage and I couldn't find something to put it on.

But damn that thing sounded good!