PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Jungle - Live Cover

Jedi McFly
04.18.18, 08:45 AM
Jumanji themed performance. MIM Wolfgang Special through the MXR 5150 OD into a BadCat with an Avatar Cab. Basically all of the guitars you're hearing here are me, I tracked two additional guitars to play under us live. :) Skipped the first solo and the down section for the sake of time.

I would've played my Wolfgang Custom Standard Prototype on this since its closer to a Les Paul, but I got the call about this tune literally the day after I sold and shipped it. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/SlSdaiRjmDE

Get The Show On The Road
04.18.18, 08:54 AM
Jumanji themed performance. MIM Wolfgang Special through the MXR 5150 OD into a BadCat with an Avatar Cab. Basically all of the guitars you're hearing here are me, I tracked two additional guitars to play under us live. :) Skipped the first solo and the down section for the sake of time.

I would've played my Wolfgang Custom Standard Prototype on this since its closer to a Les Paul, but I got the call about this tune literally the day after I sold and shipped it. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/SlSdaiRjmDE

Okay, that was badass!

Wruff_ajax
04.18.18, 09:13 AM
Cool! Sounded good, Jedi. Nice production, and performance from everyone too.

Is this a theatre company, or what's the story here? Neat stuff man.

Jedi McFly
04.18.18, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys!

Is this a theatre company, or what's the story here? Neat stuff man.

It's actually my church. We go all out on production and we do a lot of cover tunes and performances pieces to tie teachings into pop culture and current events. To use this as an example: We're in the middle of a series of teachings that uses movies for analogies. This particular weekend was themed around the latest Jumanji film, in which the kids learn a lesson that they've only got one life and they should live it to the fullest. That basic concept ties together the film with the Pastor's message, so then we have some fun with the whole concept with tunes and performances like this. We still do a separate set of worship tunes as well.

Wruff_ajax
04.18.18, 09:32 AM
That's great! Heck of a praise and worship band there. :thumb:

TJENZ
04.18.18, 10:37 AM
That performance was on fire!

Church sure is different from when I was kid.

RRvh1
04.18.18, 11:42 AM
Amazing stuff all around, Jedi!
I've seen a few of your Church by the Glades videos before, and this one kicked butt just as much if not more. Fantastic playing and production. Lots of energy and fun happening on that stage!

Loved the intro clip with the old school Atari shots! I was a Coleco Vision guy , but still, that brought back some memories and added to the 'cool' factor! Haha. That MXR 5150 OD sounds great... I have the MXR Super Badass, yet the one you own is prety badass as well!

Great stuff. :smokin:

Raldo
04.20.18, 02:58 PM
That was really cool, Jedi!!

Brett
04.20.18, 03:08 PM
How the heck does a church have so much money for a production like that?

Jedi McFly
04.20.18, 03:14 PM

Itís a big church. 10,000+ per weekend at the main campus with 3 additional satellite campuses (and 2 prison campuses). We put a lot of money back into the community and in to missions (we fund 3 orphanages in Haiti and South America), but we also value presenting well. All the production has been built up over time. It look like 6 years to build up the size of that LED wall! It also helps that every performer (aside from the fire dancers) and 90% of production staff (cameras, lights, stage hands, engineers) is a volunteer.

It's Mike
04.20.18, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys!

It's actually my church. We go all out on production and we do a lot of cover tunes and performances pieces to tie teachings into pop culture and current events. To use this as an example: We're in the middle of a series of teachings that uses movies for analogies. This particular weekend was themed around the latest Jumanji film, in which the kids learn a lesson that they've only got one life and they should live it to the fullest. That basic concept ties together the film with the Pastor's message, so then we have some fun with the whole concept with tunes and performances like this. We still do a separate set of worship tunes as well.

that is really f-ing cool.

Dave's Dreidel
04.20.18, 04:13 PM

The Lord works in mysterious ways Brett.

Dave's Dreidel
04.20.18, 04:13 PM
That was awesome Jedi, puts our renditions of Amazing Grace Our Chains Are Gone to shame!

PrideofPasadena
04.21.18, 08:53 PM
Holy crap!:eek:

Giant TV, Fire Twirlers, parked cars, great guitar player....wow

When you guys hitting Broadway.:)

pickslide
04.23.18, 11:19 AM
That was awesome! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

TK