PDA

View Full Version : Unchained Cover

Get The Show On The Road
06.26.17, 11:05 AM
So I'm pretty sure I did this one the same night that I did the FYLT one based on what I'm wearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H_i_Bh3rfI&feature=youtu.be

I'm pretty happy with it with the exception that I fucked up the outro solo. So you get through the song with minimal mistakes and screw up the end. Oh well, it is what it is.

JUNGLE DRUMMER
06.26.17, 06:28 PM
Like it. :headbang:

I could totally see us having a damn good time jamming. It would be a train wreck at times I'm sure, as I don't like playing songs the same each and every time, but a beautiful wreck at that. :D

But that's the fun of VH's music. There is so much space to roam and play things off the cuff and different than what's on the recorded versions, just like Ed and Al always did in the old days. :thumb:

Brett
06.26.17, 06:42 PM
Sounded good man, tone is good considering it's through a phone. What is that a tube tv there? Nice. Haha. Liked the outro stuff. You need to get the real track in there so we can hear it all in context.

Get The Show On The Road
06.26.17, 06:49 PM
Sounded good man, tone is good considering it's through a phone. What is that a tube tv there? Nice. Haha. Liked the outro stuff. You need to get the real track in there so we can hear it all in context.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with the tone I get out of that 100 dollar amp and I wouldn't hesitate to use it at a gig.

Regarding the TV, Lol, yeah I bought that thing in college and I'm too lazy to take it to a recycling center. Funny thing was the cable guy's response when he came down to hook up our stuff. He looks at the thing all confused and tells me it won't work. I had to tell him it's not even plugged in, its just sitting there and I have a smaller flat screen that we use down there.

We've actually overhauled the basement since I did this, no more tube TV or old entertainment center. It's buried in the storage closet now.

In regards to playing with a backing track, I'd like to learn to produce better quality stuff. I did a few other recordings where I played with the CD but had the phone away from the amp and it covered up mistakes so to speak. So I decided to just put the phone on right on the speaker so all you hear is what I play, warts and all.

I might try moving my amp upstairs to where the computer is and pulling a backing track from there and see what happens.

Get The Show On The Road
06.26.17, 06:58 PM
Like it. :headbang:

I could totally see us having a damn good time jamming. It would be a train wreck at times I'm sure, as I don't like playing songs the same each and every time, but a beautiful wreck at that. :D

But that's the fun of VH's music. There is so much space to roam and play things off the cuff and different than what's on the recorded versions, just like Ed and Al always did in the old days. :thumb:

Oh, that would be great. I don't usually play things the same either, but when you're playing with a recording you kind of have to.

Panama was a staple in one of my old band's sets and we used to extend the interlude out for like 5 minutes just jamming whatever came to mind. I could see doing that with Unchained as well.

PrideofPasadena
06.29.17, 08:21 PM
Good stuff, man! :headbang:
Don't sweat it. I'm the same way. Hard to get thru a tune without goofing up something.