PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh - 3/30 (Question and Roll Call)

evhesq
01.06.12, 06:56 AM
I noticed there is an American Express Pre-sale on 1/10 for every show BUT Pittsburgh. Is this an omission or will they have one as well? I personally hope they don't, as I am not an AMEX member.

Now for the real question, WHO'S GOING!

right-here-i-say
01.06.12, 07:26 AM
I'm in.

right-here-i-say
01.06.12, 07:46 AM
On the facebook page it says there is a presale:

http://www.facebook.com/events/340205589324876/

Van Halen announces 2012 North American tour and the February 7, 2012 release of their new album, “A Different Kind of Truth”

RSVP to the show to get access to an exclusive pre-sale code. Check back here on January 13 for all the updated details on the pre-sale and how to get access to tickets

Pre-sale Password released here: January 10, 10AM PT
Pre-sale Begins: January 13, 10AM Local Time
Public On-Sale begins: January 14, 10 AM Local Time

Van Halen, one of the most influential rock bands of all time, announce their return to the live stage with an extraordinary 2012 North American tour beginning on February 18, 2012. Kool & The Gang will join Van Halen for select tour dates.

VIP Packages will also be available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise and more. For more information please visit, http://bit.ly/VanHalenVIP

Consol Energy Center
1001 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
View Map · Get Directions

evhesq
01.06.12, 07:52 AM
On the facebook page it says there is a presale:

http://www.facebook.com/events/340205589324876/

Van Halen announces 2012 North American tour and the February 7, 2012 release of their new album, “A Different Kind of Truth”

RSVP to the show to get access to an exclusive pre-sale code. Check back here on January 13 for all the updated details on the pre-sale and how to get access to tickets

Pre-sale Password released here: January 10, 10AM PT
Pre-sale Begins: January 13, 10AM Local Time
Public On-Sale begins: January 14, 10 AM Local Time

Van Halen, one of the most influential rock bands of all time, announce their return to the live stage with an extraordinary 2012 North American tour beginning on February 18, 2012. Kool & The Gang will join Van Halen for select tour dates.

VIP Packages will also be available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise and more. For more information please visit, http://bit.ly/VanHalenVIP

Consol Energy Center
1001 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
View Map · Get Directions

I read that, but I took that to mean a VH FB presale code, not an AMEX. I hope the selection of seats will be as good either way. Oh well, I guess there's always stubhub. It's only money, right?

lmr5150
01.06.12, 07:53 AM
It's my backyard. I will be there.

right-here-i-say
01.06.12, 07:57 AM
I'll probably do I love All Access unless it is too expensive. Was hoping to bring my son, but I'm not going to get shitty seats for this one. I'll try with the presale, but most likely the first 10 rows won't even be on sale so it will probably be a waste of time.

vh resurrection
01.06.12, 08:00 AM
I'm in.

evhesq
01.06.12, 08:03 AM
I'll probably do I love All Access unless it is too expensive. Was hoping to bring my son, but I'm not going to get shitty seats for this one. I'll try with the presale, but most likely the first 10 rows won't even be on sale so it will probably be a waste of time.

I snagged PIT3 seats for Rush a few years ago during a presale. Hope I can do the same for VH!

jetm
01.06.12, 03:28 PM
I will most definitely be there.

EUAS - for old time's sake

DFVH5150
01.07.12, 12:55 AM
Kramer: "I'm already there..."

Superbird
01.07.12, 10:38 AM
I'll be there.

chippertheripper
01.07.12, 10:52 AM
you KNOW you can count the 'ripper in for the Burgh show...not sure on the VIP package.Might just get some decent seats,kick back and enjoy...

right-here-i-say
01.07.12, 01:25 PM
THis would be my first concert there. Are they pretty strict and not let people run up to the front? I don't want to bring my son if adults will push him aside and stand in front of him.

evhesq
01.07.12, 03:19 PM
THis would be my first concert there. Are they pretty strict and not let people run up to the front? I don't want to bring my son if adults will push him aside and stand in front of him.

The crowd hasn't rushed the stage at any VH show I've been to since 1993 (They did in 93 at Star Lake.) Average age of crowd will probably be at least 35. I would say they will be pretty laid back. Any stage rushers will stand out immediately. There won't be a mosh pit if that's what your worried about.

right-here-i-say
01.07.12, 03:48 PM
The crowd hasn't rushed the stage at any VH show I've been to since 1993 (They did in 93 at Star Lake.) Average age of crowd will probably be at least 35. I would say they will be pretty laid back. Any stage rushers will stand out immediately. There won't be a mosh pit if that's what your worried about.

You were there too? Sammy let me say something into the microphone that night. Great night. I remember my chest being bruised. Here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/QlaE5KGb/Rare_VH.html?

evhesq
01.07.12, 04:17 PM
You were there too? Sammy let me say something into the microphone that night. Great night. I remember my chest being bruised. Here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/QlaE5KGb/Rare_VH.html?

I was there! Vince Neil opened. I was about five rows back, stage center. When they broke into Unchained, I thought I would shit my pants! The hair on my arms stood up and I felt tingly all over!

Very cool moment for you and very cool audio too! I'm surprised I don't remember that. I remember the crowd was electric! The band was killing that night! It was like that in 1991 too! Alice In Chains opened 8/22/91! I'll never forget! A fan ran on the stage and hugged Ed's leg! Edward patted him on the head and never missed a note. He was real cool about it! Van Halen security dragged him back stage and probably beat the piss out of him!

I remember a huge fight broke out on the sidewalk between the pavillion and the lawn in 1995 for the Balance Tour show at Star Lake. A puny security guard was getting his ass stomped by about 5 Van Halen fans! Got real ugly.

Best ever for me, was Monsters of Rock in '88. I was 16 and I saw four of my favorite bands on that scorching hot June day at Three Rivers Stadium. They were hosing off the crowd with fire hoses! Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica AND Van Halen? Are you kidding me? That was our generation's California Jam - Ontario Motor Speedway show!

bn5150
01.08.12, 03:59 PM
Im in...

Live in the Cranberry area/about half hr north of the venue if a "daytime" pre-game is in order. A few fun VH tidbits hanging on my walls.

PittsburghAndy
01.10.12, 05:38 AM
For the Pittsburgh tix on sale today at 10am - Does anyone know if you have to pre-register via American Express, or do you just go here (Ticketmaster) at 10am and pay with your AMEX card and get tickets?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004824A860578B?artistid=772490&majorcatid=10001& minorcatid=1

Trying to verify if some pre-work needs to be done. Thanks!

evhesq
01.10.12, 07:19 AM
Got Sec 112, Row A. Right at 10:00, might see if I can upgrade on Friday. If not, I'll live with it. I'm not paying $900 to sit a few yards closer!

WhoHalen
01.10.12, 08:36 AM
I got in with the AMEX pre-sale. I wasn't really in the mood to break the bank, so I ended up with Section 221 (same as my Penguins tickets, lol), Row A. It's on a bit of an angle, but CONSOL is a pretty solid venue for concerts, so I'm not overly concerned with sound quality. I also really enjoy being in a front row, even if it's not THE front row. Ticket prices are pretty insane for the show, so overall I can't complain.

atomicpunk5151
01.10.12, 11:58 AM
I got in with the AMEX pre-sale. I wasn't really in the mood to break the bank, so I ended up with Section 221 (same as my Penguins tickets, lol), Row A. It's on a bit of an angle, but CONSOL is a pretty solid venue for concerts, so I'm not overly concerned with sound quality. I also really enjoy being in a front row, even if it's not THE front row. Ticket prices are pretty insane for the show, so overall I can't complain.

Who Halen. Penguins season tickets? How are you not involved over in our Van Halen Links NHL hockey thread?

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/nhl-2011-2012-t52982p99.html

It takes a lot of work to fight off all the rabid Van Halen - Flyer, Ranger, Bruin and Caps fans over there...lol....

WhoHalen
01.10.12, 12:02 PM
Who Halen. Penguins season tickets? How are you not involved over in our Van Halen Links NHL hockey thread?

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/nhl-2011-2012-t52982p99.html

It takes a lot of work to fight off all the rabid Van Halen - Flyer, Ranger, Bruin and Caps fans over there...lol....

I had no idea such a thread existed. I haven't been around this place in quite a while apparently. Let's Go Pens!

atomicpunk5151
01.10.12, 12:19 PM
I had no idea such a thread existed. I haven't been around this place in quite a while apparently. Let's Go Pens!

The "Play ball" sports forum had more active posters then the VH forum until just recently (new cd & Tour). It kept us here at the links when there was no VH...lol....

We have a NHL topic each year. I got over on everyone 3 years back with the Pens CUP run. Most of the posters are all other long time VHlinks members or moderators. Really good group of very knowledgeable hockey guys. Couple other guys have season tixs to.

My family is from the Pittsburgh area so I still have a lot of connections back there and visit. Fox Chapel & Greensburg.

Stop by and talk some shit, hockey n beer. Well none of that Iron City shit....ha

Or about all the the Pens injury whoas........

dropped-d
01.10.12, 12:55 PM
My dilemma - only take my son and go all access 2nd or 3rd row vs going with the wife and bro in law too but trying my hand at seats the regular way. Tuff call.

I really hate star lake and love the consol. I am so glad that they are there. Lotta good memories from Star lake shows though, especially the mighty VH. Even if Ed was tweaked out.

right-here-i-say
01.10.12, 01:58 PM
My dilemma - only take my son and go all access 2nd or 3rd row vs going with the wife and bro in law too but trying my hand at seats the regular way. Tuff call.

I really hate star lake and love the consol. I am so glad that they are there. Lotta good memories from Star lake shows though, especially the mighty VH. Even if Ed was tweaked out.

I think the dilema is out of your control. All Access guarantees rows 2-15. They could give row 2 to their friends and give you row 12. In that case, stubhub would have been better.

lmr5150
01.10.12, 03:33 PM
Scored first row seats. Paid arm and a leg, but it is once in a lifetime.

dropped-d
01.10.12, 06:53 PM
Scored first row seats. Paid arm and a leg, but it is once in a lifetime.

I was 2nd row last time around and it was awesome. There aren't a whole lot of people who can shell out that kind of cash for the VIP. I was very fortunate. Everyone VIP wound up in rows 1-4.

I am probably going to stub hub and see what I can obtain. The VIP stuff is a bit $$$ and wifey likes Tattoo = I gotta take her. Er.. I better take her. I don't know about my brother in law. He could be SOL.

lmr5150
01.11.12, 03:11 PM
I was 2nd row last time around and it was awesome. There aren't a whole lot of people who can shell out that kind of cash for the VIP. I was very fortunate. Everyone VIP wound up in rows 1-4.

I am probably going to stub hub and see what I can obtain. The VIP stuff is a bit $$$ and wifey likes Tattoo = I gotta take her. Er.. I better take her. I don't know about my brother in law. He could be SOL.

I have been second row, as well. But I have never been first row up against the barrier. That is what I was gunning for. Of course, if I get stuck behind a drum speaker or a 6'10" security guard, it might suck.

dropped-d
01.11.12, 07:39 PM
I have been second row, as well. But I have never been first row up against the barrier. That is what I was gunning for. Of course, if I get stuck behind a drum speaker or a 6'10" security guard, it might suck.

Just be prepared to duck if Dave comes by shaking up a bottle of Jack.

Enjoy.

jetm
01.12.12, 02:18 PM
Has anybody heard the new single Tattoo on DVE? I constantly have that station on when I can and have yet to catch it on the station. A buddy of mine heard it on Bob FM. Is DVE promoting this thing at all? Maybe it's time to start calling them and requesting it a lot?

lmr5150
01.12.12, 02:53 PM
Has anybody heard the new single Tattoo on DVE? I constantly have that station on when I can and have yet to catch it on the station. A buddy of mine heard it on Bob FM. Is DVE promoting this thing at all? Maybe it's time to start calling them and requesting it a lot?

DVE played it Tues morning. But I have't heard it since. I miss Jim Krenn.

dropped-d
01.12.12, 05:01 PM

The Krenn business is so bogus - youknow where Jimmy is going to be rocking it out march 30th. I have been purposefully boycotting except Steeler games. No longer a problem with that.

dropped-d
01.12.12, 05:04 PM

The Krenn business is so bogus - youknow where Jimmy is going to be rocking it out march 30th. I have been purposefully boycotting except Steeler games. No longer a problem with that.

lmr5150
01.12.12, 07:31 PM

JK was a guest at my company's event in Nov. I walked up to him and asked when the new VH was going to come out. He laughed and told me to e-mail Val Porter.

I have 2 ultimate front row tix. If JK wants the other, he can have it.

evhesq
01.13.12, 06:11 AM
Well, the Facebook pre-sale was a joke. I was on right at 10:00 and it gave me section 4 row NN! Probably the general public onsale tomorrow will offer better tickets, I hope!

ziggysmalls
01.13.12, 06:25 AM
Well my buddy got me our tickets so it looks like this Clevelander is going to have to start learning how to say "yinze" and tolerate Iron City beer.

I need to find this bar somebody was telling me about. Guess they have a midget who has like a dog house he lives in by the bar. Figured it would be a good place to check out due to the connection of midgets and VH

Deguellorocks
01.13.12, 06:46 AM
Well, the Facebook pre-sale was a joke. I was on right at 10:00 and it gave me section 4 row NN! Probably the general public onsale tomorrow will offer better tickets, I hope!

There was a presale for Consol employees today as well. I was trying on one computer, my wife on another, and my friend was on the phone trying from work. He ended up with better seats for $90 than we were getting for $160. We went with his seats

I will be straight across from the stage lower level.

I am so excited, my first time seeing Van Halen. We will be rocking cVH all the way from Princeton,WV (4.5 hour drive)
:headbang:

jetm
01.13.12, 11:19 AM
It's just sad that to hear new Van Halen in the 'Burgh you have to go to Bob FM.

We are also straight across from the stage lower level. Enjoy the drive up!

dropped-d
01.13.12, 05:28 PM
I tried the pre sale but I got crummy seats so I plopped down some money for scalped seats section 101! Thanks for the tip about the pre sale.

Only the mighty VHS could unite Steeler and Brownie fans. 1 more miracle and we may be able to get Dave canonized .

evhesq
01.13.12, 06:36 PM
I tried the pre sale but I got crummy seats so I plopped down some money for scalped seats section 101! Thanks for the tip about the pre sale.

Only the mighty VHS could unite Steeler and Brownie fans. 1 more miracle and we may be able to get Dave canonized .

You're welcome! I'm going to try it again in the morning. There might be a chance if I get in early enough. If not, I'll settle for my section 112 Row A.

evhesq
01.14.12, 07:13 AM
Well I THINK I upgraded my tickets this morning to the Pittsburgh show. I had section 112 Row A. This morning I got section 122 Row N. 122 is beside the stage on Eddie's side. If you look closely, there is a special seating chart for Van Halen in the drop down menu. There is a walkway that extends into Floor sections 1 and 2. This makes 122 a pretty good section.

Has anyone ever sat in section 122 at Consol for a show? Is there any obstructed view by stage rigging, lights, PA's, etc? I don't want to sell the wrong tickets! LOL

Dave King
01.15.12, 08:42 AM
I bought the $595 package through the American Express presale. Looking at the seats yesterday morning they only reserved so much for the American Express presale because 114 was available and row X was available too when they were not available Wednesday afternoon. I noticed that the front row $895 package was also available to the general public was sold out with American express.

Looking at this afternoon I see section 104 still available as well as section 7 on the floor.

right-here-i-say
01.15.12, 01:15 PM
I bought the $595 package through the American Express presale. Looking at the seats yesterday morning they only reserved so much for the American Express presale because 114 was available and row X was available too when they were not available Wednesday afternoon. I noticed that the front row $895 package was also available to the general public was sold out with American express.

Looking at this afternoon I see section 104 still available as well as section 7 on the floor.

I got front row on Wolfie's side this morning on Ticketmasters Platinum seats for $449 each (includes all fees). I can't believe VIPNation sold front row for $895 when got two for the same price.

Don't tell my wife.

lmr5150
01.16.12, 05:25 AM
I got front row on Wolfie's side this morning on Ticketmasters Platinum seats for $449 each (includes all fees). I can't believe VIPNation sold front row for $895 when got two for the same price.

Don't tell my wife.

I will see you maybe.

right-here-i-say
01.16.12, 05:56 AM
the Platinum seats for the show dropped considerably and they are adding a lot.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/16004824A860578B?page=1&sort=price#listings_table_top

3rd row center on the floor for $350. That's only double the cost of bad $162 seats that are still available at Ticketmaster.

vh resurrection
01.17.12, 06:05 AM
I got the cheap seats... Section 200. I will be able to see the stage and hear the music so $60 works for me. My wife would have killed me if I had spent for great seats. At least I'll be there!

right-here-i-say
01.17.12, 06:26 AM
I got the cheap seats... Section 200. I will be able to see the stage and hear the music so $60 works for me. My wife would have killed me if I had spent for great seats. At least I'll be there!

agreed

dropped-d
01.17.12, 06:43 AM
agreed

This is about where I sat for the last 2 Stones shows T the Arena and it was perfectly fine.

jetm
01.17.12, 01:37 PM
There is not a bad seat in the place. I've done concerts and too many Pens games to mention. I too went with $90 seats (after fees) and will enjoy the show just fine. Of course, when I did mention the higher priced seats to the wife she started talking about the kids college funds. Whatever... :)

right-here-i-say
01.17.12, 04:37 PM
There is not a bad seat in the place. I've done concerts and too many Pens games to mention. I too went with $90 seats (after fees) and will enjoy the show just fine. Of course, when I did mention the higher priced seats to the wife she started talking about the kids college funds. Whatever... :)

I told my wife that a lot of people get DUI's. I do not drink and drive. That saves us thousands in legal fees, which I would use towards the VH concert.

jetm
01.18.12, 01:01 PM
I told my wife that a lot of people get DUI's. I do not drink and drive. That saves us thousands in legal fees, which I would use towards the VH concert.

Sounds perfectly logical to me!

evhesq
01.20.12, 06:31 AM
I have two extra tickets available for 3/30 if anyone is interested. Section 112, Row A, Seats 19-20. I upgraded to a closer section. I'm not looking to scalp them, I just want what I paid, $165.63 a piece (Ticketbastard fees included) They are electronic tickets. I can email them to the purchaser. I accept paypal, but it will need to clear my bank account before I send the tickets. Any other questions, send me a PM.

right-here-i-say
01.21.12, 09:12 AM
Anyone who hasn't gotten a seat yet, Ticketmaster just released a mother load of excellent seats at their best prices yet.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/16004824A860578B?page=all&sort=price

Including
Floor, Row A, Aisle, Eddie's Side $499
Floor, Row A, Wolfie's Side $395
Floor, Row B, Eddie's Side $375
Floor, Row B, Woflie's Side $299
Section 122, Row A - $225 (these are the best seats other than the floor, right on Eddie's side)

Considering the face value is $162, these are pretty good. I understand they are still absurdly priced for a show.... :)

Right now, there are 31 sets of seats to choose from.

right-here-i-say
01.24.12, 09:36 AM
Just went to ticketmaster for the pittsburgh show and go this:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004824A860578B

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

right-here-i-say
01.24.12, 09:47 AM
Just went to ticketmaster for the pittsburgh show and go this:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004824A860578B

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

It's back to normal now.

right-here-i-say
01.27.12, 04:38 PM
Just checked best seats available on Ticketmaster for the PIttsburgh show and Section 1 row M (13 rows from the stage) are for sale. Not sure how long they will last....

right-here-i-say
02.01.12, 12:09 PM
FRONT ROW, ROW A on Wolfies side are $245 each (seats 1-2) and $275 each (seats 3-4)

Probably won't go any cheaper.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/16004824A860578B?page=1&sort=price#listings_table_top

evhesq
02.04.12, 05:27 PM
I have two extra tickets available for 3/30 if anyone is interested. Section 112, Row A, Seats 19-20. I upgraded to a closer section. I'm not looking to scalp them, I just want what I paid, $165.63 a piece (Ticketbastard fees included) They are electronic tickets. I can email them to the purchaser. I accept paypal, but it will need to clear my bank account before I send the tickets. Any other questions, send me a PM.

SOLD!