PDA

View Full Version : "Love Time"--Diamond David Lee Roth live Radio Rodeo blues an BBQ...wellah wellah wel

Blind Lemon Loons
02.08.03, 09:07 PM
WELLAH WELLAH WELLAH...YEZZ YEZZ YEZZ...Aw ReeP!!

What do y'all think of DLR cookin' up thiz ol' Sonny Terry/Brownie McGhee toon?? Ize can't think of a better blues since Page/Plant revved up,"My Bucket's Got A Hole In It." Just a tremendous offering by the Soul Brother #2!! Blow your harmonica, son...I recently heard a quick version Dave layed down (along with the mighty, mighty Laughing Last Band) on Howard Stern. Can ya diggit??

I dig the versions from the BBQ video and the other Rodeo radio gigs fo' sho'!! Roth iz such a great, great blues singer. Vocals like a hurricane bein' forced thru a straw!! It's like hearing Jim Dandy Mangrum sing Happy Hooker or Robert Plant sing an' ol' Bukka White blues or Jim Morrison workin' up,"Roadhouse Blues." ALL HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Well, welcome to Tobacco Road, baby!!

It's like a thunderbolt in your cheerios!!

Sho' Nuff' Ize Do!!

"Folks, you ain't heard nuthin' yet!!"--Al Jolson

well well well...
Law'd Hab Mercy... graemlins/devil.gif

Mas Tequila
02.08.03, 09:24 PM
:confused:

Blind Lemon Loons
07.21.05, 04:17 PM
Original title of this toon is,"When It's Love Time," and it was recorded by Terry/McGhee for the Savoy record label on 10-3-1955. Terry and McGhee hated each other at the end of their careers, too...wouldn't even speak to each other offstage after a certain point. Ironic?

Van Squalen
07.21.05, 05:09 PM
The funny part is, Loons is a whitebread Irish-Swede accountant from Bennington, New Hampshire. You gotta love the internet. ;)

Naw, Loons, Dave's covers suck. Except the Halen-sponsored tracks. And maybe...MAYBE...his revised version of Ice Cream Man on an otherwise dismal album (but still, you gotta wonder about the creative juices when you're covering covers).

TheresOnlyOneWay
07.21.05, 05:41 PM
Well, I don't know what the fuck that was all about. And something tells me I just don't care.

And what the fuck is a BBQ video? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/grimace.gif

Dave's Dreidel
07.22.05, 07:42 AM
Off of Dave's Backyard BBQ I only like the ELO cover and the new song "Flex".

The rest is truly crap. Still love Dave, but that thing is embarassing.

Blind Lemon Loons
07.22.05, 09:14 AM
Awwww, y'all are tryin' to make me feel like a stranger in my own home town...I used to get angry with the anti-Dave sentiments and the rampant negativitudinal behaviour 'round thiz hood...but you can't keep a good bluesman down nah...an' I dig all the toons on the No Holds Bar-B-Que,'specially this Sonny Terry/Brownie McGhee numbah I'm rap'n 'bout...Y'all are missin' out on some good ol' blues nah...an' you cain't piss off this ol' inside out oreo...

Bad to the Bone
07.27.05, 01:20 PM
I heard dave do this one on a live radio show and it was not that bad. Everything else I hear of of the BBQ is garbage especially Baker Street.

79th and Sunset
07.30.05, 04:13 AM
Loons is right, that tune kicks major ass !! Love Daves' version of it !!

I still havent been able to obtain that BBQUE video.

Blind Lemon Loons
07.30.05, 09:16 AM
Loons is right, that tune kicks major ass !! Love Daves' version of it !!

I still havent been able to obtain that BBQUE video.

All Hell Yez!! It jus' don't get any bluer than Diamond Dave singin' de bluuze nah...Yez Yeah!!...

muffdiver
08.11.05, 02:25 PM
what happened to blind willy loons...is this his sister...

Blind Lemon Loons
08.11.05, 03:37 PM
what happened to blind willy loons...is this his sister...

Blind Willie Loons overdosed on Canned Heat...Sterno. I'm his twin brother...Yez Yez Yez!!...I ain't lyin'...I wouldn't lie to you...I jus' met ya...:D