PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend of woman stuck to toilet gets probation

Ace Ventura
07.30.08, 03:58 AM
NESS CITY, Kan. - A man whose girlfriend sat on a toilet for so long that the seat adhered to her body will spend six months on probation.

Kory McFarren pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of a dependent adult. A judge sentenced him Tuesday to six months in jail but granted the probation after the victim, Pam Babcock, asked for leniency.

"She didn't believe that her circumstances were his fault," Ness County Attorney Craig Crosswhite said.

Babcock's plight became known in February when McFarren called the Ness County sheriff, expressing concern about his live-in girlfriend. When authorities arrived, they found Babcock physically stuck to the toilet.

McFarren told police Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Medical personnel estimated she'd been sitting on the toilet for at least a month and said the seat had adhered to sores on her body.

She is now under the protection of a guardian who was appointed through the legal department at the hospital where she received treatment.

Also Tuesday, McFarren was sentenced to six months in jail for an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behavior for exposing himself to a teenage neighbor in March.

DBC
07.30.08, 01:21 PM
did none of their friends think it was strange that for a 2 year period, whenever they went round to visit, she was sat on the toilet?

or maybe they didn't have friends.

Ace Ventura
07.31.08, 09:00 AM
did none of their friends think it was strange that for a 2 year period, whenever they went round to visit, she was sat on the toilet?

or maybe they didn't have friends.

I think the lack of friends is the only possible explanation... :D

jimmy812
08.01.08, 04:11 AM
This story just doesn't sit well with me.

VegasVic
08.01.08, 01:35 PM
This story just doesn't sit well with me.

Don't strain yourself. You've got to flush this out of your system.

Daisy Hill
10.10.08, 12:59 PM
AP Great Bend Kansas A Kansas man whose girlfriend was physically stuck to the toilet in their home has won $20,000 in the state Lottery, for the second time this year.

Kory McFarren cashed in his winning $2 Bonus Crossword ticket in Great Bend Nomday. On July 29, the 37-year-old received six months of probation after pleading no contest to misdemeanor mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Why does this whole thing sound like an episode of My Name is Earl?

ZachenFoot
10.10.08, 01:17 PM
We have a sports anchor on our local FOX station by the name Corey McPherrin. Funny shit :D

As for it sounding like an episode of Earl, damn right it does. I find the whole thing downright hilarious for so many reasons...

KRAMER5150
10.10.08, 02:46 PM
AP Great Bend Kansas A Kansas man whose girlfriend was physically stuck to the toilet in their home has won $20,000 in the state Lottery, for the second time this year.

Kory McFarren cashed in his winning $2 Bonus Crossword ticket in Great Bend Nomday. On July 29, the 37-year-old received six months of probation after pleading no contest to misdemeanor mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Why does this whole thing sound like an episode of My Name is Earl?

does he live in a hotel as well now?

VegasVic
10.10.08, 04:12 PM
As for it sounding like an episode of Earl, damn right it does. I find the whole thing downright hilarious for so many reasons...

Yeah... Who would have thought My Name Is Earl could do a "ripped from the headlines" episode?