Interesting.

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/8841507/standardformat/

voivod
07.16.08, 12:04 PM
cool...

YRw3AkbtJhQ

csm5150
07.16.08, 12:32 PM
Looks very promising indeed. Bale should do a great job!!

Van Squalen
07.16.08, 12:34 PM
Bale could make this one worthwhile. Maybe even make up for T3.

billy007
07.16.08, 12:42 PM
So...is this one going to pretend the events of "Terminator 3" happened, or is it going to be contiguous with "The Sarah Connor Chronicles"?

What the hell is a McG, anyway?

YO!Edward
07.16.08, 01:03 PM
Cool, got a little shiver down the spine watching that. Bale will save this, guaranteed.

WinterlessIceness
07.16.08, 02:08 PM
Ooooh this looks very good. I loved how they made the 'broadcast distortion' into Brad Fiedel's terminator theme.

Also, Helena Bonham Carter is in it? IMDB page list her there.

Thai Boxer 9901
07.16.08, 03:55 PM
Wow, this looks very promising.

I was a little skeptical at first because T3 just killed the franchise but I see that Salvation will definatley deliver the punch that T3 lacked. And you just cant go wrong with Christian Bale. Every action movie he does, he just becomes more bad-ass every time.

Van Squalen
07.16.08, 04:15 PM
So...is this one going to pretend the events of "Terminator 3" happened, or is it going to be contiguous with "The Sarah Connor Chronicles"?

No, it fits in the continuity. It's set AFTER Judgment Day, Bale's playing the adult John Connor in the future fighting the machines.

LLFHS
07.16.08, 08:42 PM
Well......it's a teaser alright. Quite a tease.

Already looks better than T3. That's not saying much though.

WinterlessIceness
07.17.08, 01:47 AM
I doubt it would be as bad. Most people's problem with T3 was that Mostow was practically taking a piss out of the second movie with all those lame "She'll be back/I'm back/Talk to a hand/Gay sunglasses" antics.

I also don't agree with all "Terminator without Schwarzenegger is a crime!" folks.

You can exploit the same character for so long, not to mention he's really old for the role.

Scotty
07.17.08, 07:30 AM
SA-WEEEEET!

Buschman
07.17.08, 08:12 AM
Bale is quickly becoming my favorite of today. Every movie he's in (that I've seen) is good if not great IMO.

This trailer is definitely a tease. Can't wait 'til it comes out next summer. I'll be in the movie theatre to see this one.

Thanks...

looper_guy
07.17.08, 08:32 AM
I doubt it would be as bad. Most people's problem with T3 was that Mostow was practically taking a piss out of the second movie with all those lame "She'll be back/I'm back/Talk to a hand/Gay sunglasses" antics.

I also don't agree with all "Terminator without Schwarzenegger is a crime!" folks.

You can exploit the same character for so long, not to mention he's really old for the role.
I agree. He was good in the 1st two but its time to retire that model. It isn't too far a reach to think Skynet would have variation in the appearance of their Terminators (though I wouldn't mind seeing an army of Kristanna Lokens taking over the world).

Regarding Christian Bale, I watched "Empire of the Sun" again recently and I still sometimes forget that he played the kid in that movie. He has come a long way and is, in my book, one of the better actors around.

WinterlessIceness
07.17.08, 01:10 PM
A couple of extra things -

"Additional cast members include Jadagrace as Star,Chris Ashworth as Richter,Chris Browning as Morrison,and Jane Alexander.Helena Bonham Carter has been confirmed to star in a "small but pivotal" role as a character named "Serena," who may be the lead villain."

On PG-13 -

The film will be released on May 22, 2009,and it could be rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America, unlike the previous R-rated films. The producers cited the desire to broaden the series to a new audience and the modern leniency of violence in PG-13 films (such as Live Free or Die Hard), but they have stated that they will not force the rating.McG explained, "We have entertained the idea of a PG-13 rating largely because Batman Begins, in my opinion, was made compromise-free. So we'll see. The movie comes first and it will be protected at all times."

About novels -

"In addition to a novelization, there will also be a prequel novel and two spin-offs. The first spin-off will be published in September 2008"

billy007
07.17.08, 02:38 PM
I agree. He was good in the 1st two but its time to retire that model. It isn't too far a reach to think Skynet would have variation in the appearance of their Terminators (though I wouldn't mind seeing an army of Kristanna Lokens taking over the world).

Regarding Christian Bale, I watched "Empire of the Sun" again recently and I still sometimes forget that he played the kid in that movie. He has come a long way and is, in my book, one of the better actors around.

Hopefully the television series has kicked open the door for non-Arnold terminators in a way that Robert Patrick or Kristanna Lokens couldn't.

As dumb as I thought that series was going to be - I can't wait for the new episodes now.

WinterlessIceness
07.17.08, 02:41 PM
Less than two months to go Billy!

I still don't agree on Robert Patrick with ya, I though he was great.

billy007
07.17.08, 02:46 PM
I'm not saying Patrick wasn't great - I'm just saying that after "Terminator II", the "ultimate" terminator was still considered to be Arnold. I don't know if a "Terminator III" with Robert Patrick and not Arnold would've been accepted.

WinterlessIceness
07.17.08, 03:06 PM
Well Kristanna Loken was basically a female Robert Patrick anyway.

Little Dreamer
07.17.08, 03:56 PM
I like Christian Bale but for the sake of continuity, wouldn't it have been better to keep the actor who used to pay the adult John Connor?

WinterlessIceness
07.17.08, 05:03 PM
Man, he'd be like 50 by now. It would have made more sense to cast Edward Furlong to be honest. I don't know why he never got offered a role - he's at perfect age and an amazing actor. Eh..

billy007
07.17.08, 05:55 PM
It's like the "Vacation" movies - always someone different to play the kids!

Buschman
07.18.08, 03:58 AM
I like Christian Bale but for the sake of continuity, wouldn't it have been better to keep the actor who used to pay the adult John Connor?

Are you talking about Dahl or Furlong??

I couldn't stand Furlong's voice in T2 but he was probably going through that "stage" in his life in 1991. Dahl was okay in T3, but I think Bale is a good choice for T4. He's a well-known actor and hasn't really made a stinker (that I can think of). Can't wait to see how Bale will do in this movie and I'm looking foward to see what the bad terminators will look like. If they use someone like Lokken, hopefully the hair won't hide the boobies this time. ;)

ZeoBandit
07.18.08, 05:28 AM
Terminator's T-800 to be Played by...
Source: Clinton News-Record, Ain't It Cool News July 18, 2008

The Clinton News-Record has revealed that former bodybuilder Roland Kickinger will play the T-800 in Warner Bros. Pictures' Terminator Salvation, coming to theaters on May 22, 2009. Kickinger talked about his role in the film, quotes that should be considered spoilers:

This month, however, Kickinger begins filming what is likely the role of his life to date, as his portion of Terminator Salvation begins to take shape.

"There's a very strong scene in the film where John Connor for the first time meets the Terminator, and he doesn't know if he's a good guy or a bad guy," said Kickinger.

"It's Arnold's character in the first Terminator. That's basically my role, but 20 years before, so it establishes how the Terminator [came] about."

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/t800role2.jpg

WinterlessIceness
07.18.08, 12:06 PM
Yeah I've read that Arnold gave a green light for the producers to cast his look-alike, and Kickinger had already starred as Arnold in a film about him.

http://www.eskimo.com/~erics/Olympia2k2/image059.jpg

WinterlessIceness
07.18.08, 12:09 PM
Are you talking about Dahl or Furlong??

I couldn't stand Furlong's voice in T2 but he was probably going through that "stage" in his life in 1991. Dahl was okay in T3, but I think Bale is a good choice for T4. He's a well-known actor and hasn't really made a stinker (that I can think of). Can't wait to see how Bale will do in this movie and I'm looking foward to see what the bad terminators will look like. If they use someone like Lokken, hopefully the hair won't hide the boobies this time. ;)

I think he was talking about this guy -

http://www.lasersportsusa.com/images/john_connor_future.jpg

And I personally couldn't stand Dahl in T3. That wasn't even his fault, he was a pussy in a script from the start, so bleh.

I've never seen a single movie with Bale in it, so T4 will be the first.

chefcraig
12.13.08, 04:53 AM
A second trailer has found it's way to the net as of December 9th. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-092.gif

Terminator Salvation - Trailer #2 (2:06)
aRwby_vjg88&feature=bz303

Buschman
12.15.08, 08:33 AM
WOW... :eek: :headbang:

I will definitely ask to go see this one for my birthday next May, can't wait 'til MaY 22, 2009 (exactly one week before my b-day).

Got this from Variety (James Cook) - reliable, hell if I know...
The new trailer for Terminator Salvation has me excited for the flick and fingers are definitely crossed that director McG will deliver the goods come May 22. But whether it’s any good or not doesn’t really matter for the future of the franchise as a fifth installment is already moving forward.

McG was on hand at the Dubai International Film Festival over the weekend and announced the plans for another Terminator movie, reports Variety. No decision has been made as to where to film the next Terminator, although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

When Salvation was first announced it was planned as a possible new trilogy so this piece of news just cements that. Apparently the plan was to wait until the release of Salvation next summer before a decision on whether to proceed with the next chapter was made, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current flick has encouraged the studio to move forward ahead of schedule.

Christian Bale will be back as John Connor as he is signed on for three films. The fifth flick is tentatively scheduled for 2011.

Salvation also stars Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Moon Bloodgood, Common and Helen Bohnam Carter.

billy007
12.15.08, 08:51 AM
"Terminator" is one of those deals where I feel very strongly that they could've stopped after 1, or at the very least 2; but then I look forward to seeing the new ones, too! Obviously, every time they do one of these deals they change the time line. In the preview they show John talking to someone that I guess is supposed to be the "Terminator" from the first film ("You almost killed my mom, you killed my dad..." - something like that) so doesn't that just get your head spinning?

I just don't know how things got so far! The first three films I don't think made any allusions to SkyNet or anyone else building cyborg warriors - so where did they all come from? You'd think that the survivors (especially since most of them would be military) would be easily able to get SkyNet offline without resistance, so either it took awhile for the survivors to come out of their bunkers (giving SkyNet time to somehow build the cyborgs), or the machines were there right from the get-go. At least the TV show is referencing the fact that SkyNet wasn't the only cause of the Terminators, there were other companies working on technology that would become the Terminators (indeed, one even run by a time-travelling Terminator itself!). But I believe I read that the TV show isn't really going to tie in with the movie - it's an "alternate storyline".

All the action so far (at least as far as man vs. machine) takes place in what's left of Los Angeles. So what about folks in the far reaches of Canada or even Montana and Wyoming? What about other continents, especially highly underdeveloped ones like Africa and parts of South America? Are there Terminators out there stalking the survivors in those parts of the world as well?

chefcraig
02.03.09, 07:15 AM
Christian Bale goes Bat-Shit on the set of Terminator Salvation.

WARNING: NSFW

Christian Bale Flips Out on Terminator 4 (3:50)
vN5BcfYfRdY

broken9500
02.03.09, 07:49 AM
looking forward to this. I love the franchise. The third terminator wasn't very good but it had Claire Daines' hottness, which goes a long way to making something awesome.

graeme
02.03.09, 08:34 AM
Christian Bale goes Bat-Shit on the set of Terminator Salvation.

WARNING: NSFW

Christian Bale Flips Out on Terminator 4 (3:50)
vN5BcfYfRdY

If I remember rightly, Bale's a real method actor (just check out his anorexic physique in the Machinist) so pissing him off when he's playing an angry soldier trying to save the world from machines is probably a bad idea.

Love the way his accent keeps changing though.

T.B.
02.03.09, 02:48 PM
Heh, the "Bale Roid-Rage" remixes are already starting to show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtcNP8rbtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

T.B.

chefcraig
02.03.09, 03:03 PM
Heh, the "Bale Roid-Rage" remixes are already starting to show up...

That second one is pure gold! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-848.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Happy-Smileys/)

Nice find. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-336.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Happy-Smileys/)

It's Mike
02.03.09, 03:11 PM
this guy is a complete moron. Too bad the guy he was cursing out didn't turn around and slug him. Another primadonna who thinks he's God's gift to the world.

LLFHS
02.03.09, 09:34 PM
We let Jack Nicholson slide for the same thing. This is not a big deal to anyone except TMZ.com.

:rolleyes:

Mario VH
02.04.09, 04:23 AM
this guy is a complete moron. Too bad the guy he was cursing out didn't turn around and slug him. Another primadonna who thinks he's God's gift to the world.

What a douche bag.

It's Mike
02.04.09, 04:31 AM
We let Jack Nicholson slide for the same thing. This is not a big deal to anyone except TMZ.com.

:rolleyes:

in the grand scheme of things this is not a big story. That said, it does show him to have the maturity of a 5 year old. Rather embarassing stuff.

ZeoBandit
02.04.09, 05:21 AM
I drop F bombs all the time. It's theraputic.

broken9500
02.04.09, 05:26 AM
i don't see the big deal. If you put a microphone on the set of most movies, band rehearsal rooms and studios I'm guessing we'd here very similar outbursts. Tempers and passions run high and he had a meltdown. So...happens to the best of us.

It's Mike
02.04.09, 05:56 AM
i don't see the big deal. If you put a microphone on the set of most movies, band rehearsal rooms and studios I'm guessing we'd here very similar outbursts. Tempers and passions run high and he had a meltdown. So...happens to the best of us.

i can't ever remember ripping into someone like that at work. I can assure that if I did I'd be out of work. I'm sure most of us would be. Sadly this goof is a star and will get away with this unprofessional conduct (funny since he ripped into the lighting guy for being unprofessional). The guy is a clearly a jerk who's got some anger issues.

broken9500
02.04.09, 06:06 AM
i can't ever remember ripping into someone like that at work. I can assure that if I did I'd be out of work. I'm sure most of us would be. Sadly this goof is a star and will get away with this unprofessional conduct (funny since he ripped into the lighting guy for being unprofessional). The guy is a clearly a jerk who's got some anger issues.

there's a big difference between the kind of work that we do in the setting that we do it in and the kind of work that actors/musicians do in the settings that they do it in. I don't tend to raise my heartbeat above a whisper at my job. Now when I worked at Aarons, tempers were always high and people were ALWAYS shouting eachother down, cursing, it was crazy...and that was just the customers. ;) But seriously, it depends on the job. It's easy to say "i couldn't get away with that and neither could you" and you're right but circumstances are different. What I could get away with working at one job, would never fly where I'm at now and what I can do here would never fly where I've been before.

It's Mike
02.04.09, 06:11 AM
there's a big difference between the kind of work that we do in the setting that we do it in and the kind of work that actors/musicians do in the settings that they do it in. I don't tend to raise my heartbeat above a whisper at my job. Now when I worked at Aarons, tempers were always high and people were ALWAYS shouting eachother down, cursing, it was crazy...and that was just the customers. ;) But seriously, it depends on the job. It's easy to say "i couldn't get away with that and neither could you" and you're right but circumstances are different. What I could get away with working at one job, would never fly where I'm at now and what I can do here would never fly where I've been before.

of course, and he will get away with this. But this doesn't make him any less of a tool. :) I didn't hear any of other actors yelling at the lighting guy, only him. This isn't the first time with him either, didn't he have a similar issue with his sister and mother where the cops had to get involved? And now everyone is making excuses for him like he was in the right. He's a dick, he just happens to be a talented one who is allowed to push people around. Life is long, one day someone will treat him in the same manner.

broken9500
02.04.09, 06:18 AM
of course, and he will get away with this. But this doesn't make him any less of a tool. :) I didn't hear any of other actors yelling at the lighting guy, only him. This isn't the first time with him either, didn't he have a similar issue with his sister and mother where the cops had to get involved? And now everyone is making excuses for him like he was in the right. He's a dick, he just happens to be a talented one who is allowed to push people around. Life is long, one day someone will treat him in the same manner.

I don't know anything about him to be honest with you. He may very well be The Dick of Dicks. I was really just speaking in generalities. As to this specific situation, maybe is one of "those" guys that thinks everyone is beneath him and that he can talk to whoever he wants however he wants. If that's the case...well...you reap what you so bitch! You're the man It's Me...haven't seen you around as much lately!

Ace Ventura
02.04.09, 06:20 AM
That second one is pure gold! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-848.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Happy-Smileys/)

Nice find. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-336.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Happy-Smileys/)

I swear I almost pissed my pants laughing at that!!!!!!!!

It's Mike
02.04.09, 06:21 AM
I don't know anything about him to be honest with you. He may very well be The Dick of Dicks. I was really just speaking in generalities. As to this specific situation, maybe is one of "those" guys that thinks everyone is beneath him and that he can talk to whoever he wants however he wants. If that's the case...well...you reap what you so bitch! You're the man It's Me...haven't seen you around as much lately!

how could i be the man when you're the man? :)

nothingontv
02.04.09, 08:32 AM
Great Actor - Dueche Bag in person it sounds like.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
02.04.09, 11:40 AM
I swear I almost pissed my pants laughing at that!!!!!!!!

Man, it was pretty damn funny up till the 1:36 mark, but then...

Don't wanna spoil it. Let's just say I ruined a good mop cleaning up after myself.

All that said, I find it a bit odd that some folks were lining up to give Alec Baldwin a pass for calling his own daughter a pig, when the overall reaction to Bale seems a bit harsher.

Granted, Clint Eastwood, who dealt with techs throwing frisbees to each other on the sets of Cinecitta while he was doing those Leoni scenes, would probably call Bale a pussy. And a four-minute tirade is rather excessive, particularly if you're going on about professionalism.

But it does look like this DP, who definitely should know better, screwed the pooch just a bit; and I'm sorry, but office conduct doesn't really compare to what goes on in a presumably artistic performance enterprise.

So I'd guess that those who don't like what Bale did should find Baldwin an order of magnitude more despicable, belaying any of this "frustrated father" bull-fucking-shit.

'Cause otherwise, the sentiment would appear to be that co-workers should be respected, but flesh-and-blood offspring can be abused to the full extent of any parent's whim.

And that can't be right.

Can it?

looper_guy
02.04.09, 05:54 PM

When I first heard the recording, I thought "What an asshole". But I'm sure this crap happens all the time on movie sets. Is it appropriate behaviour? Nah. But then again, I don't want the guy coming to my house for dinner. I just want to see him blow shit up and kill Terminators. So, no big deal to me.

MF5150
02.04.09, 07:45 PM
The guy snapped. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he was going through personal problems that we know he has dealt with in the past.

Anybody crucifying this guy because of this clip needs to get their heads checked in my opinion.

He got angry. A mic was on. We've all been angry at somebody and snapped. Who knows what he said to the guy AFTER the mic was turned off.

Maybe he apologized afterwards. Do we know? NO. But the fact that many are assuming that he is the Dick to end all Dicks is just plain ridiculous.

He's one of the few actors who hasn't displayed the typical diva "I'm an actor and I'm better than you" attitude.

Lighten up folks.

Wow. Now I know a little bit how all the Ed apologists feel like

MF5150
02.04.09, 07:57 PM

GET AWAY? Get away with what? Some people are acting like he killed somebody. He got pissed off.

But I LOVE when shit like this happens to certain famous people (and we're not talking Paris Hilton or Britney Spears etc. Those people are truly divas.) and everybody who watches the video or listens to the audio gets all sef righteous and says, Wow! What a spoiled actor! What a douche-bag! How could he say those things to or about somebody?!?!?

Easy. Just like YOU and I have probably flipped out on SOMEBODY in our lives. Only our outburst wasn't recorded. But because it happens to a famous person, it gives us the right to point and stare and make judgements.

Like I said in my post ABOVE.

Do YOU know what he said to the guy after they wrapped up shooting for the day?

I've seen best friends fight each other. If you were to film that and ONLY the fight. What you wouldn't see is them shaking hands and making up a couple days later.

----------------------------

Also the issue with his mother and sister was due to a LONG running family dispute.

I've heard that the mother was trying to cash in on Bale's success. I've also heard that his mother insulted his wife.

http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/christian-bale-mother-and-sister-are-source-of-dispute/

Here's a bit explaining some of his past problems with family.

----------------------------------

Boy am I really starting to channel that Chris Crocker guy from a couple years ago.

But when stuff like this happens to un-diva like actors like Bale and Crowe. It just pisses me off to hear people get down on them.

LLFHS
02.04.09, 08:07 PM
GET AWAY? Get away with what? Some people are acting like he killed somebody. He got pissed off. .

I know. I thought that was funny too.

Ooooooh....call the cops. An actor lost his temper. THAT's never happened before. :rolleyes:

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
02.04.09, 08:15 PM
Roger all that, and what else do we find but that this shit happened last July.

Yeah, yeah, Basinger was a dripping twat for releasing the Baldwin voicemail to the media and all that, we get it already. But a small component of that MIGHT have been a protective mother in the heat of the moment, too.

Just what the fuck is up with blowin' Bale's tantrum out seven months after the fact? What else could be happening that we don't know about here?

Our man Harry Knowles has been pilloried himself for taking the stance he has on the whole thing, but fwiw, here it is:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984

LLFHS
02.04.09, 08:49 PM
Roger all that, and what else do we find but that this shit happened last July.

Yeah, yeah, Basinger was a dripping twat for releasing the Baldwin voicemail to the media and all that, we get it already. But a small component of that MIGHT have been a protective mother in the heat of the moment, too.

Just what the fuck is up with blowin' Bale's tantrum out seven months after the fact? What else could be happening that we don't know about here?

Our man Harry Knowles has been pilloried himself for taking the stance he has on the whole thing, but fwiw, here it is:

Yeah...Adam Carolla pretty much said the same thing on his radio show on Monday. Have to say he made a lot of sense. There are some things you simply dont do on a set when the camera is rolling. This DP was apparently being a bit of a dumbass.

We expect a cetain degree of product from our movies and that degree does depend heavily on the performance of the actors. I have yet to see a BAD Christian Bale film. I wonder why that is.....HMMMMMMM?

Personally, I wasnt really amping for this flick as I think McGinty is a dopey fuckin director. But now i have to say I am looking foward to this. I want to see if Bale rises to the caliber he's already established.

It's Mike
02.05.09, 04:36 AM
GET AWAY? Get away with what? Some people are acting like he killed somebody. He got pissed off.

But I LOVE when shit like this happens to certain famous people (and we're not talking Paris Hilton or Britney Spears etc. Those people are truly divas.) and everybody who watches the video or listens to the audio gets all sef righteous and says, Wow! What a spoiled actor! What a douche-bag! How could he say those things to or about somebody?!?!?

Easy. Just like YOU and I have probably flipped out on SOMEBODY in our lives. Only our outburst wasn't recorded. But because it happens to a famous person, it gives us the right to point and stare and make judgements.

get away with being a complete dick. I can assure that if he apoogized to him afterwards that his people would have been very quick to pass that information along. Don't u think?

broken9500
02.05.09, 05:53 AM
get away with being a complete dick. I can assure that if he apoogized to him afterwards that his people would have been very quick to pass that information along. Don't u think?

what would "not getting away with it" look like? Should he have lost the role? Given 40 lashes? Have to write "i will be more polite next time" a thousand times?

It's Mike
02.05.09, 06:23 AM
what would "not getting away with it" look like? Should he have lost the role? Given 40 lashes? Have to write "i will be more polite next time" a thousand times?

40 lashes seems appropriate. :)

broken9500
02.05.09, 08:13 AM
40 lashes seems appropriate. :)

so the primadonna actor with a potty mouth gets 40 lashes...now remind me...how many did the swingers who moved in next door get?

heeheehee;)

MF5150
02.05.09, 08:17 AM

Bale's people shouldn't HAVE TO. He didn't punch the guy or physically abuse him. He called him some names. Said he was, "fucking stupid". Blah. Blah. Blah.

Nothing worse than what some coaches say to their players in the locker rooms.

What are his people supposed to say:

Just to let the PEOPLE know....Christian APOLOGIZED for calling the DP names. Just so you know. He did. He did!!!

Come on.

Like I said earlier, I have seen best friends fight each other and if I were to video record it you would NEVER think that they were friends. But what we NEVER understand is that all we hear or see is that little span when the person is freaking out. Not the before or after.

Scotty
02.05.09, 08:28 AM
Christian?

MF5150
02.05.09, 08:31 AM
Christian?

That's how it's spelled.

It's Mike
02.05.09, 08:52 AM
Bale's people shouldn't HAVE TO. He didn't punch the guy or physically abuse him. He called him some names. Said he was, "fucking stupid". Blah. Blah. Blah.

Nothing worse than what some coaches say to their players in the locker rooms.

What are his people supposed to say:

Just to let the PEOPLE know....Christian APOLOGIZED for calling the DP names. Just so you know. He did. He did!!!

Come on.

Like I said earlier, I have seen best friends fight each other and if I were to video record it you would NEVER think that they were friends. But what we NEVER understand is that all we hear or see is that little span when the person is freaking out. Not the before or after.

When you make the type of money he makes one must realize there comes a certain level of responsibility. He was 100% in the wrong. Anyone with an ounce of experience at an important job could tell you that. There are some apologists sticking up for him (fans, fellow actors, etc) but if you objectively look at this situation you can't possibly think he was in the right.

This is not 2 friends getting in a fight, this isn't a coach ripping into his team trying to motivate them, this is a guy who is paid millions of dollars trying to embarass someone on the set just because he can. It's unprofessional, it's childish, and I can assure you it's not the type of thing that the movie's producers wanted to see then nor have in the press now. It's one thing to go off for 10 seconds, it's quite another to put on the performance he did. He's a big baby. I expect this out of a teenager not out of someone in his 30s who should know better.

broken9500
02.05.09, 08:55 AM
When you make the type of money he makes one must realize there comes a certain level of responsibility. He was 100% in the wrong. Anyone with an ounce of experience at an important job could tell you that. There are some apologists sticking up for him (fans, fellow actors, etc) but if you objectively look at this situation you can't possibly think he was in the right.

This is not 2 friends getting in a fight, this isn't a coach ripping into his team trying to motivate them, this is a guy who is paid millions of dollars trying to embarass someone on the set just because he can. It's unprofessional, it's childish, and I can assure you it's not the type of thing that the movie's producers wanted to see then nor have in the press now. It's one thing to go off for 10 seconds, it's quite another to put on the performance he did. He's a big baby. I expect this out of a teenager not out of someone in his 30s who should know better.

you tell him!

I don't think he's in the right at all. i think he acted like a tool...unless the other guy was a tool first...in which case two tools do make a tool set. :D

It's Mike
02.05.09, 09:03 AM
you tell him!

I don't think he's in the right at all. i think he acted like a tool...unless the other guy was a tool first...in which case two tools do make a tool set. :D

even if the other guy was (and there is no evidence of that) I didn't know that the Photography guy reported to the movie's star actor. :) I imagine his boss would have spoken to him about him causing any problems. Pretty clear case of inflated ego in my opinion.

Scotty
02.05.09, 09:19 AM
The price of adulthood must suck for these Hollywood types. Indeed, Bale apparently forgot that belittling someone for a petty reason isn't a becoming quality.

broken9500
02.05.09, 09:55 AM
even if the other guy was (and there is no evidence of that) I didn't know that the Photography guy reported to the movie's star actor. :) I imagine his boss would have spoken to him about him causing any problems. Pretty clear case of inflated ego in my opinion.

yeah it's probably that simple...still not a huge deal...but perhaps the fact that I don't think it is says more about me than it does about the situation. Maybe I should be morally outraged more often and about different things than what I get outraged over...maybe we need to start hanging out together, you might start rubbing off on me!;)

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
02.05.09, 10:05 AM
Yeah, well.

If past serves as prologue, this should all be forgotten about in around two weeks anyway...

It's Mike
02.05.09, 10:07 AM
yeah it's probably that simple...still not a huge deal...but perhaps the fact that I don't think it is says more about me than it does about the situation. Maybe I should be morally outraged more often and about different things than what I get outraged over...maybe we need to start hanging out together, you might start rubbing off on me!;)

I'm not morally outraged at all Broken, just think he's a world class a-hole. Plenty of them around, he just gets more publicity. :)

steve mcqueen
02.05.09, 11:01 AM
Anyone who has issues with Bale's little tirade should probably never work in restaurant kitchen......cause that kind of shit happens all the time.

I have been known to send a volley of F-bombs on a semi-regular basis toward cooks, servers, managers or any other unsuspecting moron who I feel is fucking with the integrity of my plates.....

MF5150
02.05.09, 11:20 AM
Has anybody pondered the notion that this was all a JOKE.

I mean how in God's name did they get the audio captured so WELL?

Like it sounds like they were standing right beside them with a good mic recording them.

Possibility.

1. He says that he is done professionaly with HIM. Meaning the DP or the director? Well I've heard that Bale has signed on to do a couple more Terminator movies so that doesn't make sense.

And if it is real, I LOVE how many people seem to miss Bale say to the guy, "You're a nice guy, you're a nice guy, but that doesn't cut it when your fucking around like this..."

But yeah...he's a fucking prick actor. I would NEVER do something like that. :rolleyes:

It's Mike
02.05.09, 11:24 AM
Has anybody pondered the notion that this was all a JOKE.

I mean how in God's name did they get the audio captured so WELL?

Like it sounds like they were standing right beside them with a good mic recording them.

Possibility.

1. He says that he is done professionaly with HIM. Meaning the DP or the director? Well I've heard that Bale has signed on to do a couple more Terminator movies so that doesn't make sense.

And if it is real, I LOVE how many people seem to miss Bale say to the guy, "You're a nice guy, you're a nice guy, but that doesn't cut it when your fucking around like this..."

But yeah...he's a fucking prick actor. I would NEVER do something like that. :rolleyes:

if it were a joke, his PR people would have been all over the press fixing this. They wouldn't allow their paycheck to get killed in the press. He was being a jerk - this one's not hard to figure out.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
02.05.09, 12:23 PM
...Personally, I wasnt really amping for this flick as I think McGinty is a dopey fuckin director. But now i have to say I am looking foward to this. I want to see if Bale rises to the caliber he's already established.

One can only hope.

Actually, the first thing to occur to me was the only one I thought of any lasting consequence in all this: is Bale possibly havin' a hissy 'cause the film ain't looking too hot?

Michael Cain is fond of pointing out how much easier it is to act in good films than it is in bad ones...

nothingontv
02.06.09, 01:20 PM
You guys see his apology?

Check it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.a680c9d0e80bcd0500934ea9f7899ed 9.601&show_article=1

stilleddiesangel
02.06.09, 01:38 PM
in the grand scheme of things this is not a big story. That said, it does show him to have the maturity of a 5 year old. Rather embarassing stuff.

If he spoke to me like that he'd be mistaking his testacles for his tonsils.. arrogant little arsewipe!

Little Dreamer
02.06.09, 02:20 PM
I feel for the guy. The movie rests on him. The only way anyone would see a terminator without Arnold is with a top A list star,which he is. The guy has tremendous pressure, he snaps. Nothing to write home about. You hear one moment where he swears at the guy. You don't hear of the dozens of moment he was nice to the staff.

It's Mike
02.06.09, 02:54 PM
based on his apology at least he can tell he was wrong. More then I can say for many on here.

looper_guy
02.06.09, 03:03 PM
Not knowing Bale, who knows what type of fellow he is? But I suppose if you consider that he's been acting since he was a little kid, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he has grown into adulthood insulated from real world behaviour and has some shortcomings inherent to child stars grown up.

But there I go doing what I'm critical of others doing: Psycho-analyzing a celebrity based on public perception. I must go self-flagulate.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
03.03.09, 04:13 PM
Well, it's good that he apologized. At least in part, because he's in the best position to judge his conduct.

Which is more than can be said for ANY on here.

But fuck all that. We gotta get on with THIS:

I_hIIDEQY3w

Cameron's been known to say "The Terminator" had two of the chief mainstays in science fiction: time travel and robots.

Looks like we can now add a third: the cyborg who doesn't know he's not human...

stilleddiesangel
03.03.09, 04:46 PM
Ok, you Terminator wizzes can you help me here? In the first movie Kyle Reese came from the future... now, would this be set a 30 odd years after Judgement Day, cos Kyle came back to save Sarah Connor and create John in the first place. So would this be set after Kyle came back? (BTW Michael Biehn was hot!!)

Confused.. UK :D

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
03.03.09, 05:13 PM
Oh sure! See, it's like this:

This flick takes place 34 years AFTER Reese's APPEARANCE back in time to sire John Conner, but some ten or so years BEFORE he GOES back.

Which is why Anton Yelchin is gonna play a younger version of Reese in this flick. 'Cause after all, Kyle's some eleven years or so younger than his son.

:wtf:

Kosher as Christmas?

stilleddiesangel
03.03.09, 05:52 PM
Uuuuhuuuhh!!! More confused.. thanks dude! :confused: :D

LLFHS
03.03.09, 06:54 PM
Well, SPOILER not withstanding.....this looks pretty fuckin good!!!

voivod
04.09.09, 10:07 AM
The speculation is now over: California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will make a cameo in the upcoming Terminator sequel, "Terminator Salvation."

Actor Terry Crews confirmed the Governator's appearance in the latest iteration of the franchise to MTV.

"Exactly. There are a lot of guys in that movie. I mean, Terminator 4 is very big,” Crews said.

In addition to Crews the film is also set to star Christian Bale, Helena Bonham Carter, Common, and Jane Alexander. It's will open in the U.S. on May 21st.

Crews has no idea what role the original terminator will play, saying the Schwarzenegger's role was kept tighty under wraps.

“I don’t know; I haven’t seen it. They only gave out pages of the script,” Crews said. “It was crazy. It was very, very secretive. Believe me - when you see it, that will be the first time I saw it.”

Schwarzenegger recently signed on to do a cameo in the upcoming movie "The Expendables" which coincidentally stars Terry Crews, Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham. That film is scheduled to be released in April 2010.

LLFHS
04.12.09, 12:38 PM
Crews has no idea what role the original terminator will play, saying the Schwarzenegger's role was kept tighty under wraps.

Who wants to bet that it will have [B]something to do with his current gig and meant to be just a light joke?

E.G.: Some Tech-Com soldier is sent back in time to see on TV that a T-800 has been elected to office or something.

stilleddiesangel
04.17.09, 11:32 AM
The other side of the Bale explosion explained.

Why AICN Doesn't Post Links To Stories Like This Christian Bale thing that's everywhere!

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm getting slammed with assloads of people angry at me for not posting the Bale explosion from the set of McG's TERMINATOR: SALVATION. Well, first off - there's a real simple reason. It isn't news. And it certainly isn't cool news. It is a moment in a man's life taken completely out of context and most likely leaked to personally embarrass Christian Bale.

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking... There's no excuse for a temper tantrum like that to ever occur and if you are going to act that way, you deserve to be embarrassed by your own actions.

Except, you want to hear the REALITY behind that clip?

I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is. And this person isn't a publicist, nor are they invested in Bale's career. They're just someone that thinks it is absolute bullshit that this moment in Bale's life is being aired and that the real story should get out there.

The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

Now, the reason I know all of this is because the person that was there, felt that it should be made perfectly clear that Christian Bale was the utmost gentleman and cool guy on set. And the DP really was doing something that professional DPs with experience just don't do. Not during a performance.

You don't need me to give you a link, it's all over the internet, I just felt that you should know what really went down - and that this particular outburst did indeed modify the DP's behavior - and for future DPs. Fuck with the lights before and after your actors are acting. Not during.

MF5150
04.17.09, 01:03 PM

Why AICN Doesn't Post Links To Stories Like This Christian Bale thing that's everywhere!

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm getting slammed with assloads of people angry at me for not posting the Bale explosion from the set of McG's TERMINATOR: SALVATION. Well, first off - there's a real simple reason. It isn't news. And it certainly isn't cool news. It is a moment in a man's life taken completely out of context and most likely leaked to personally embarrass Christian Bale.

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking... There's no excuse for a temper tantrum like that to ever occur and if you are going to act that way, you deserve to be embarrassed by your own actions.

I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is. And this person isn't a publicist, nor are they invested in Bale's career. They're just someone that thinks it is absolute bullshit that this moment in Bale's life is being aired and that the real story should get out there.

The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

Now, the reason I know all of this is because the person that was there, felt that it should be made perfectly clear that Christian Bale was the utmost gentleman and cool guy on set. And the DP really was doing something that professional DPs with experience just don't do. Not during a performance.

You don't need me to give you a link, it's all over the internet, I just felt that you should know what really went down - and that this particular outburst did indeed modify the DP's behavior - and for future DPs. Fuck with the lights before and after your actors are acting. Not during.

Well GEEEEEEEEE what a surprise....there is a ANOTHER side to the story.

Thanks for posting SEA:thumb: Bale is still badass.:headbang:

sixstring
04.17.09, 01:06 PM

I kinda figured that all along. You don't get to Bale's level of career status by being and asshole 24/7...

...still funny, nonetheless. :sssh:

stilleddiesangel
04.23.09, 05:24 PM
Apparently Michael Biehn isnt impressed. But then, Biehn is the only original major cast member not invited to the T4 party. I did laugh seeing him ditch whoever he was talking to on the phone to stick the knife in. Classy move!!

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/03/john-connors-dad-bale-rant-kinda-sad/3#comments

chefcraig
04.25.09, 02:24 PM
This clip is mind-bogglingly cool. Rather self explanatory, be sure to stick around for the "alternate ending". :headbang:

JxbzUb-jRIE

stilleddiesangel
04.25.09, 05:14 PM
Hehehe... nice find Chef! :D

Number 47
04.25.09, 05:27 PM
Now I know what a fanboy feels like. :bounce:

I need to go change my socks.

Scotty
04.27.09, 06:48 PM
PG-13? That's a buzzkill.

billy007
04.27.09, 07:32 PM
Maybe they'll do an unrated version on DVD, such as "Live Free Or Die Hard"

VH122
04.27.09, 07:37 PM
Who wants to bet that it will have something to do with his current gig and meant to be just a light joke?

E.G.: Some Tech-Com soldier is sent back in time to see on TV that a T-800 has been elected to office or something.
No it's just a remastered scene from the first Terminator movie mixed into the new movie.

broken9500
04.28.09, 06:00 AM
This clip is mind-bogglingly cool. Rather self explanatory, be sure to stick around for the "alternate ending". :headbang:

JxbzUb-jRIE

i love the internet! This was very cool! Nice post Chef!:thumb:

stilleddiesangel
05.07.09, 03:56 PM
New 4 minute trailer .. damn.. I am so excited to see this movie!! :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

stilleddiesangel
05.11.09, 03:32 AM
The cast and McG talk Bales outburst on set.

http://www.etonline.com/video-224.php?slate=%2Fmedia%2Fvideo%2F2009%2F05%2F91318 %2Fet_incidentonset_090509_large.jpg&vid=73803&config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etonline.com%2Fmedia%2Fvid eo%2F2009%2F05%2F73803%2Findex.php&sitesection=etonlinemain&videoasset=73803-et_incidentonset_090509

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
05.18.09, 04:34 PM
That four-minute trailer's undeniably kool, but then I saw some of the released clips and started thinkin' "oh, no..."

Not that the T-600's with their tattered rubber masks and their freaky electronic grunts don't seem totally wrong (in a good way), but that scene where Connor throws down over the radio with the commander, in an inexplicably pristine staging area, with totally wooden dialogue - it all had me reconsidering the possibility that tensions were high on the set in part because the movie wasn't looking any too hot.

And then there was the total press embargo on the pre-screenings, as opposed to all the lofty praises about Star Trek sung to the rafters a month before its release.

And then there are the, **ahem**, unfortunate T4 reviews that are starting to trickle out now. Sure, I frequently disagree with reviews - but where golden rays beam overwhelmingly, there's usually a sun. And where smoke billows unabated, well, there's usually a fire.

Still too early to tell, but I don't think we have something on the order of Star Trek here.

broken9500
05.19.09, 10:16 AM
we'll find out in just a couple more days!

stilleddiesangel
05.19.09, 03:45 PM
What seems to be coming across is that people are expecting a movie like the first 3 and that's never what it was about. T4 is a war movie and has little to do with Arnie and the previous movies other than following the mythology of John Connor. Another comment I've seen is that Bale plays second fiddle to Worthington... which is actually correct. Worthington is the main character (Bale was offered this part first but turned it down).

Yet another point is that Worthington is more emotional and Bale not... again, written in the script. Bale (Connor) plays a man who has to lock away his emotions to survive and fulfil the heavy weight of his mother's prophesy.

I can't get my head around some of these critics at all.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
05.19.09, 04:30 PM
Yup, and were it the critics alone, I might just brush 'em off for those very reasons.

But a couple of those ten preview clips aren't terribly well written or performed. Whatzisnutz, Ironside, the guy who plays the general - hoo boy, limburger-cheesy in either of his featured scenes. And there's a distinctly "B"-quality vibe about the scene where Blair (Moon Bloodgood) fends off the two vagrants, as well.

Ah, well. For those of us into eye candy and detail, looks like there's plenty of that, at least...

stilleddiesangel
05.19.09, 05:14 PM
Haha... then you'll be disappointed to know that one of the few scenes to be cut due to the PG13 was of Moon Bloodgood..... topless! :D

stilleddiesangel
05.19.09, 06:38 PM
Insightful article here.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-05-19-christian-bale_N.htm

voivod
05.19.09, 06:42 PM
Haha... then you'll be disappointed to know that one of the few scenes to be cut due to the PG13 was of Moon Bloodgood..... topless! :D

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/03/mcg-wants-topless-scene-in-terminator

surely it will be on the DVD release... :devil:

TheresOnlyOneWay
05.20.09, 06:41 AM
5 Reasons The Terminator Franchise Makes No Goddamn Sense

"The first Terminator failed and was in fact killed by a waitress. Consider how embarrassing that must have been for it."

http://www.cracked.com/article_17390_5-reasons-terminator-franchise-makes-no-goddamn-sense.html

Mario VH
05.23.09, 05:27 AM
I went to see it last night and I thought it was ok. Better than 3 but nowhere near as good as 2. Lots of explosions and focus on the machines with Connor trying to destroy Skynet.

broken9500
05.23.09, 06:41 AM
going to see it at 2:55 this afternoon. Angels and Demons at 11:20. I hope both of these are homeruns...I've been looking forward to them for a long time.

I'll check in when I get back.

stilleddiesangel
05.23.09, 08:36 AM
I now have a new heroine junket interviewer. This lady rules!! I love her! LMAO! :D :headbang:

Whatever she's drinking.. I want some! :thumb:

5KqLRM5N68E

broken9500
05.23.09, 04:11 PM
not a bad movie at all. I don't want to ruin the ending so I won't comment other than to say that there was an aspect of it that I thought was over done and melodramatic...but not enough to ruin the flick.

I also really liked the scene that referenced Terminator II.

Finally, I don't think I care for Christian Bale...i know he's supposed to be THE actor of our time...but I don't think I like him very much.

Last comment...it's worth the 6 bucks.

Van Squalen
05.23.09, 10:01 PM
Solid popcorn flick. Saw it tonite. Certainly better than T3. Some McG cliche dialogue here and there, but some good post apocalypse fun.....Terminator meets Road Warrior with a dash of Blade Runner. Okey dokey.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
05.24.09, 02:34 PM
Yup, gotta say I concur. I really didn't hate it at all. Ironside's scene-chewing was easier to deal with in context, Yelchin and especially Worthington were really solid, and Bale did manage to sneak some subtle beats in there, all reviews to the contrary - pity the ladies didn't have more to do. Why there was even a funny moment or two, despite what some sourpuss feedback might lead you to believe.

All of which is secondary to the action and visuals, and to his credit, McG works in some reasonably groundbreaking stuff, even if you can trace a lot of it back to specific antecedents.

And then there was that last mano-a-mano, which prompted someone in the audience to ask aloud, "what's HE doing there??" Good question indeed, but I appreciated the surreality of it nonetheless.

broken9500
05.24.09, 02:51 PM
Yup, gotta say I concur. I really didn't hate it at all. Ironside's scene-chewing was easier to deal with in context, Yelchin and especially Worthington were really solid, and Bale did manage to sneak some subtle beats in there, all reviews to the contrary - pity the ladies didn't have more to do. Why there was even a funny moment or two, despite what some sourpuss feedback might lead you to believe.

All of which is secondary to the action and visuals, and to his credit, McG works in some reasonably groundbreaking stuff, even if you can trace a lot of it back to specific antecedents.

And then there was that last mano-a-mano, which prompted someone in the audience to ask aloud, "what's HE doing there??" Good question indeed, but I appreciated the surreality of it nonetheless.

that was a real eye-roller for me. I'm not sure if anyone saw that and went "hell yeah!!!!"

I have a hard time understanding how anyone involved in that decision thought it was a good one. Thankfully he didn't have a speaking part. THAT would have really ruined the scene.

Also, John Connor's wife is HOT!!!!!!:thumb:

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
05.24.09, 11:21 PM
Well, there's this to say for it: I believe it's the first digitally modeled and animated face replacement done in close-up, full-frame. Seemed to work reasonably well, far as that went...

stilleddiesangel
05.25.09, 02:35 AM
Not seen the movie as it's not out here yet but kinda obsessed with it so read a lot and seen all the clips. Surely to a degree, Arnie had to show up as it's about the early creation of the T800.. which is the Arnie figure. We see the Endo skeleton in the clips, so it kinda makes sense that Connor would find a full figured Terminator at some point.

That part excites me. Imagine seeing as an adult a killing machine that as a kid, was your bodyguard, knowing it was now built to wipe you out. Awesome!

broken9500
05.25.09, 04:14 AM
Not seen the movie as it's not out here yet but kinda obsessed with it so read a lot and seen all the clips. Surely to a degree, Arnie had to show up as it's about the early creation of the T800.. which is the Arnie figure. We see the Endo skeleton in the clips, so it kinda makes sense that Connor would find a full figured Terminator at some point.

That part excites me. Imagine seeing as an adult a killing machine that as a kid, was your bodyguard, knowing it was now built to wipe you out. Awesome!

i suppose you're right...looking at it from that perspective. I was too distracted by the whole "great it's the governator" and then by the fact that they digitally created him to absorb the plot implications.

The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
05.25.09, 12:18 PM
There's one reviewer out there somewhere who lost his mud when he saw that scene. It is pretty slick that we're seeing not the 56-year-old of III, or even the 44-year-old of II, but the pristine, original 37-year-old from the first, and they did a great job of capturing his menace. Roland Kickinger definitely has his own distinct physique, but not to a distracting effect in these scenes.

But necessary, hmmm, I dunno.

Then again, you could say that about the entire film...

:D

Van Squalen
05.25.09, 01:02 PM
Well, there's this to say for it: I believe it's the first digitally modeled and animated face replacement done in close-up, full-frame. Seemed to work reasonably well, far as that went...

Indeed. I thought it landed quite well.

And Bryce Dallas Howard (ron's daughter) is a beauty indeed.

billy007
08.08.09, 10:31 AM
Saw this movie last night at the dollar theatre (actually $2.50) and not sure if it's what I expected. Didn't have the sense that John Connor always had to be looking over his shoulder as he did in 2 & 3 (and his mother did in 1), and expected more of the action to take place at night (as that's what they always seemed to show in the brief glimpses of the future in the other 3 movies). Kinda glad it didn't take place at night as a lot of times when there are a lot of night scenes, you can't see shit (at least I can't!). I didn't like the last bit at the factory, though, 'cause you know by now it ain't going to happen (and if it does, that would be a real shock moment!). That Transforminator was pretty bad-ass, wonder if it would've been effective to just find a spot to hide while it was shooting out the people trying to escape in vehicles, though?

billy007
08.08.09, 10:33 AM
oh, yeah, and little Opie Cunningham's little girl was a nice bit of eye candy.

VH Wahoo
10.06.09, 05:42 AM
bBBw9E2Q_aY

WinterlessIceness
10.07.09, 04:31 AM
Lmfao, awesome. Been waiting for that one for months.

billy007
10.07.09, 08:36 AM
As confusing as "Back To The Future II" got, I believe that this film would've been even more confusing as that!

WinterlessIceness
10.07.09, 12:10 PM
I don't know about that. Alot of time-travelling paradoxes were covered in Sarah Connor Chronicles, including the one where John Connor never existed in the future, and that 'present' John had to time-travel there to build-up the whole anti-skynet resistance thing. Maybe it's because I grew up with stuff like Matrix, but I find it pretty straight-forward.