PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Suck!!!

Pages : [1] 2

timmac
07.07.08, 01:18 PM
We had an old time thread that kind of turned into a Movies That Suck thread:
http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/worst-film-of-all-time-t18322.html?t=18322&highlight=movie+movies+suck
But, after seeing the previews for a new movie coming out soon, I had to start a new one. This promises to become the biggest pile of crap ever.
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/20903/Beverly_Hills_Chihuahua_3.jpg
I can not believe that someone actually had the balls to pitch this one to a producer. Someone, somewhere, needs to be kicked - hard - for actually putting this on film. I haven't even seen it, and already I hate it. I will jump the gun and nominate this for worst movie EVER - even worse than Ishtar.

What other bombs have you seen and wouldn't force your worst enemy to ever sit thru?

ZeoBandit
07.07.08, 01:37 PM
Both of the live action Garfield movies.

VanHalenRules
07.07.08, 01:39 PM
Howard the Duck, unless accompanied by a TON of 'good stuff.':smokin:

billy007
07.07.08, 01:47 PM
"Basket Case"
"Bad News Bears Go To Japan"
"The Deer Hunter" (sacrilige, I know, but by the time that wedding scene was done I wanted the Viet Cong to hand me the gun!)

edwardv
07.07.08, 01:50 PM
Legally Blonde...I walked out in like 30 min.

WinterlessIceness
07.07.08, 02:11 PM
Superbad. I want the 2 hours of my life back.

Underworlds/Van Helsing/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Resident Evil 3

28 Days After

Tomb Raider, both

Charlie's Angels 2, although the first one wasn't much better either

Raldo
07.07.08, 02:25 PM
St. Elmo's Fire

I know a lot of people love that movie but I watched it one time with my girlfriend and I just didn't care for it.

onefootoutthedoor
07.07.08, 02:33 PM
Superbad. I want the 2 hours of my life back.

Underworlds/Van Helsing/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Resident Evil 3

28 Days After

Tomb Raider, both

Charlie's Angels 2, although the first one wasn't much better either

Superbad was hilarious!

Daisy Hill
07.07.08, 02:34 PM
Little Nicky.. tag line "be unafraid...be very unafraid" more like "be unentertained be very unentertained"...the only movie I can ever remember walking out of

The Neverending Story....took the kiddies and it is the only movie that literally brought me to tears with frustration because I wanted to leave soooooo badly, but the kiddies wanted to see the end....true role reversal with the kids

The German title was Unendliche Geschichte Die....which I believe translates Unbearable Shit that makes you want to DIE

Most unnecessary sequel Staying Alive...there should be a law against ruining an iconic character

Battlefield Earth nuf said

The Hottie and the Nottie....haven't seen it, but it's a given, right?
Paris Hilton+camera=crap

seenbad
07.07.08, 02:44 PM
Neverending story ruled! Your perspective was funny though. lol

Menlow
07.07.08, 02:53 PM
Pretty much any movie released over the last 20 years in which Robin Williams was trying to be funny.

LLFHS
07.07.08, 03:11 PM
Pretty much any movie released over the last 20 years in which Robin Williams was trying to be funny.

Yikes. Agreed.

"One-Hour Photo" was friggin' great, but as you said.....Robin wasn't trying to be funny in that one. Creepy as all hell.

LLFHS
07.07.08, 03:12 PM
Any film that has "Directed by McG" in the credits.

Van Squalen
07.07.08, 03:14 PM
Off the top of my head?

Doomsday (Rhona Mitra notwithstanding)
Back to the Future III
The Matrix Revolutions
The Hitcher (2007 remake)
The Haunted Mansion
The Happening (Shymalan's worst flick EVER)

But hands down, the title is still champeen, heretofore never beaten, worst flick of all time, primarily because it was the one sequel which had the uncanny ability to completely ruin the FIRST one based on continuity and 'untold' story backtracking, utterly wrecking a true blue B movie classic of the highest quality and order....

Highlander 2. Still hurts, that one.

A close second would be Carpenter's sequel to yet another true blue B movie classic, Escape from New York. Its followup, Escape from LA, was gawd awfully bad. The fact Russell would taint the good name of one of his more famous characters, Snake Plissken, is bad enough, but to have dudes like Steve Buscemi and Peter Fonda take part was even worse.

Yerfdog
07.07.08, 03:16 PM
Transylvania 6-5000

...Not the one with Bugs Bunny, either. The only movie I've ever walked out of.

nicholas_kudochop
07.07.08, 03:24 PM

Yeah... and I'll throw in the new Eddie Murphy movies....that guy used to be funny and I think he needs to drop the family comedy crap he's been barfing out lately. Most of the of new Deniro and Pacino movies completely suck ass. Those are two legends of acting (and two of my favorites who I root for); but after I see those I remember that I went into the theater expecting quality, and leaving with a case of raging blue balls.

The Love Guru is garbage.... I never really cared for Mike Myers (with the exception of Austin Powers)...and now I know why.

Boondock Saints sucked. I can't quite figure out why that movie has (or had) a cult following. It plain sucked.

I watched The Goonies a couple days ago...and that's another movie I can't figure out why so many people love...between the constant screaming, really close camera shots, and overall cheese balls props..it just left me flat and overall pissed that I literally wasted 2 hrs of my time.

hotforteacher921
07.07.08, 03:33 PM
Click
Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Mario VH
07.07.08, 03:36 PM
Dudley Do-Right.

Daisy Hill
07.07.08, 03:40 PM
Transylvania 6-5000

Oh gosh! Could you imagine that on a double bill with Earth Girls Are Easy? Torture.....I believe it has been seen on the marquee of the Guantanamo Bay Super Six.

Jeff Goldblum sucks

Menlow
07.07.08, 03:48 PM
Transylvania 6-5000

Only movie I ever walked out of? Mannequin.

Guitar Shark
07.07.08, 03:51 PM
Superbad was hilarious!

I agree. Lots of good stuff there.

Bad movies that I remember:

Planet of the Apes (remake version from early 2000s)
American Wedding (American Pie 3)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Lake Placid
Coyote Ugly

Guitar Shark
07.07.08, 03:53 PM
Only movie I ever walked out of? Mannequin.

Walking out on Mannequin - solid
Agreeing to attend Mannequin in the first place - seriously questionable judgment

Please tell me you were there with a hot chick.

Warmoth
07.07.08, 04:03 PM
I love Tarantino flicks but "Hero" was really bad!

Also... some other of my bad movie picks:

Jaws 3d
Norbit
Harry Potter movies do nothing for me but my wife loves them...

Wruff_ajax
07.07.08, 04:19 PM
A movie that a lot of people really like that I think sucks is The Thin Red Line.
So many headline actors and every one of them got their 15 minutes of overblown drama. Frustrating movie to watch. Thought it would never end.

"Basket Case"

I like Basket Case. My band has a song about it. It's called Basket Case.

rchop84
07.07.08, 04:19 PM
"Michael" with john travolta,, holy fuck that movie was terrible. I somehow managed to get thru it without turning it off. If it werent for his role in pulp fiction, i think i would hate every movie he was in.

Caddyshack II definitely has to be mentioned, even if it was a sequel to a great movie.

steve mcqueen
07.07.08, 04:22 PM
Anyone remember a dog called "Megaforce".....with Barry Bostwick and Micheal Beck??.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Megaforceposter.jpg

=VH=316
07.07.08, 04:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XAS578GKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Never actually watched it,but it just plain looked bad.

Others=
Hills Have Eyes 2
Ghostbusters 2
Eddie Murphy's newer "cute" movies

Menlow
07.07.08, 04:25 PM
Walking out on Mannequin - solid
Agreeing to attend Mannequin in the first place - seriously questionable judgment

Please tell me you were there with a hot chick.

Chick? Yes. Hot? Not bad. ;)

Interceptor
07.07.08, 04:33 PM
Battlefield Earth, 8mm, and Newsies (some wanna-be musical that my wife loves with Vinnie from Doogie Howser MD). Of these 3, I think I hate 8mm the most.

Viking
07.07.08, 04:48 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean II. The movie that wouldn't end. I haven't ever bothered watching the third one. I thought the first one kicked ass.

Just about anything with Will Ferrell in it with the exception of Blades of Glory. I laughed my ass off during that one.

pgaugh5150
07.07.08, 06:39 PM
semi pro was painful by will farrel.

WinterlessIceness
07.07.08, 06:40 PM
Superbad was hilarious!

The dick jokes totally ruined it for me (as well as the cops). The fat kid was cool though, but I much rather prefer him in Accepted.

I love the stupid American comedy like Senseless/Road Trip/Dude Where's My Car/Pies/Don't Be A Menace To South Central/etc, but I had watched Superbad with a flat face.

The Matrix Revolutions
Highlander 2

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

How could I ever forget those..

Pirates of the Caribbean II. The movie that wouldn't end. I haven't ever bothered watching the third one. I thought the first one kicked ass.

I didn't mind the second, but the third one was reeeeeeally bad.

I can't believe noone's mentioned Snakes on a Plane yet :D

chefcraig
07.07.08, 06:54 PM

Longer than that. Remember this so-called "comedy" from '83? Walter Matthau, Robin Williams and Jerry Reed. One minute the actors are serious, the next moment they aren't. Unfortunately, no two are the same way at the same time. :rolleyes:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6910/46927hwe1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WinterlessIceness
07.07.08, 07:09 PM
Mmm.

The Day After Tomorrow was pretty rubbish too.
So was Deep Impact (although I had re-watched it last week, mostly because of Laura Innes and Frodo though)
Terminator 3 doesn't completely suck, but on it's pre-quels scale oh god it blows
Carry was pretty horrible.

But I suppose I'd give the best-blowjob award to Spielberg's War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise in it. Nothing wrong with Tom Cruise, nothing wrong with Spielberg - however everything's wrong with the movie. I had heard it was bad, I bought the 2-disk extended version DVD coz it was like 4 bucks - and I should have rather given them to a homeless dude.

Yerfdog
07.07.08, 07:15 PM
Oh gosh! Could you imagine that on a double bill with Earth Girls Are Easy? Torture.....I believe it has been seen on the marquee of the Guantanamo Bay Super Six.

Jeff Goldblum sucks

Didn't know Gitmo had a Super Six....When did that happen?

And yes, that would be torture. Most of Goldblum's films. I still can't believe he's replacing Noth on L&O

OLO
07.07.08, 07:42 PM
Dude were is my car is the worst movie ever made.

Zodiac was also a pile.

mistere
07.08.08, 12:11 AM
Too easy. Try coming up with a list of movies that didn't suck
from the last decade. But alright, movies that I was dragged to
against my will and am now dumber for the experience:

Poseidon
Spiderman 3 - Although the 'evil' Toby dance sequence is a high in unintentional hilarity.
Anything with Adam Sandler.
And yeah, Planet of the Apes was fucking retarded. I like how Walberg crashes right in front of
the Ape Lincoln monument at the end. Brilliant.

And maybe off topic, but I finally saw Top Gun on cable the other day after decades of successfully
avoiding it. Quite possibly the gayest movie ever. All I could think of was how much the writers were
in love with the name "Maverick". I started counting how many times they use it, but couldn't keep up.
We give this movie the finger.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 04:23 AM

I'm biased, I love absolutely everything with Sean William Scott in it. It was as retarded as say White Chicks (which I didn't like), but I first watched it as a teenager, I found everything funny then :drunk:

Although I must say, Southland Tales (with Sean W Scott) had just plain frigging fucked up continuety. I wouldn't say that it sucks, because it had some good original idea, but whoever cut it must have been on crystal meth or something.

Spiderman 3 - Although the 'evil' Toby dance sequence is a high in unintentional hilarity.
Anything with Adam Sandler.

I thought A Night At The Museum was pretty cool actually.

And as far as I'm concerned, ALL Spiderman movies suck - but then again so I think about all supermen, batmen, hulks and x-men.

Iron Man was the only superhero-based flick that I really enjoyed.

onefootoutthedoor
07.08.08, 04:25 AM

Zodiac was also a pile.

I'll totally disagree with you on Zodiac.

onefootoutthedoor
07.08.08, 04:28 AM
The dick jokes totally ruined it for me (as well as the cops). The fat kid was cool though, but I much rather prefer him in Accepted.

Don't watch Forgetting Sara Marshall then. :sssh:

I thought that one was a funny one as well. ;)

jimmy812
07.08.08, 04:31 AM

I didn't care for all the dick jokes in Superbad either, but you didn't like the cops in Superbad? Wow, they were the best part, IMO. I think they should have their own spin-off movie. :D

ZeoBandit
07.08.08, 04:45 AM
Smokey and the Bandit, Part 2. And if that one wasn't bad enough, the producers outdid themselves and made an even worse Smokey and the Bandit, Part 3.

Viking
07.08.08, 05:52 AM
Mmm.

The Day After Tomorrow was pretty rubbish too.
So was Deep Impact (although I had re-watched it last week, mostly because of Laura Innes and Frodo though)
Terminator 3 doesn't completely suck, but on it's pre-quels scale oh god it blows
Carry was pretty horrible.

But I suppose I'd give the best-blowjob award to Spielberg's War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise in it. Nothing wrong with Tom Cruise, nothing wrong with Spielberg - however everything's wrong with the movie. I had heard it was bad, I bought the 2-disk extended version DVD coz it was like 4 bucks - and I should have rather given them to a homeless dude.

Oh my God! I just watched that piece of crap last night. The whole time I was yelling at either Tom or his stupid ass kid, "What in the fuck are you doing?!" The kid especially. In my movie Dad knocks him the fuck out!

Did anyone one else catch the imagery behind the Tim Robbins part? He seems like a good guy at first, but ends up being a crazy gun owner wanting to take on the whole bunch? Typical Liberal Hollywood bullshit!

I swear, Hollywood has an agenda to make every gun owner in the U. S. look like a drunken, psycho, redneck, just itching for a fight.

Anyway, the movie sucked.

i1sum2!
07.08.08, 06:15 AM
Smokey and the Bandit, Part 2. And if that one wasn't bad enough, the producers outdid themselves and made an even worse Smokey and the Bandit, Part 3.

Most sequels to a classic movie end up sucking bad. Smokey & The Bandit, Jaws, etc. and I guess Hollywood's thinking is to milk it for every last dollar, regardless of how bad it may be. I also hate it when they redo old classics i.e. The Longest Yard for one, the new one ABSOLUTELY blew goat balls! It's a travesty.

onefootoutthedoor
07.08.08, 06:24 AM
Caddyshack II - Complete and utter garbage

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 06:31 AM
In my movie Dad knocks him the fuck out!

Totally man, and the whole "reunion" with his son in the end brought it to the whole new level of cheesiness :eek:

i1sum2!
07.08.08, 06:36 AM
semi pro was painful by will farrel.

As far as I'm concerned, ALL movies by Will Farrell are painful. I just don't see what's so funny about the guy. He sucks quite simply. He's a part of that crop of unfunny people like Mike Myers, Ben Stiller, David Spade and other annoying fucks. Hollywood just keeps dumbing it down imo.

pgaugh5150
07.08.08, 06:41 AM
Caddyshack II - Complete and utter garbage

i agree, very poor movie. And I could not stand Jackie Mason.

ZeoBandit
07.08.08, 07:14 AM
Totally man, and the whole "reunion" with his son in the end brought it to the whole new level of cheesiness :eek:

I love how the reunion happened in an unscathed Boston, when every other city in the world was destroyed. :rolleyes:

jimmy812
07.08.08, 07:25 AM
As far as I'm concerned, ALL movies by Will Farrell are painful. I just don't see what's so funny about the guy. He sucks quite simply. He's a part of that crop of unfunny people like Mike Myers, Ben Stiller, David Spade and other annoying fucks. Hollywood just keeps dumbing it down imo.

I think Adam Sandler is the most guilty when it comes to being unfunny.

As far as Farrell goes, I didn't mind Anchorman. The others weren't so good.

VanHalenRules
07.08.08, 07:35 AM
The only Sandler movies that I can stomach is The Wedding Singer and Happy Gilmore. The rest of them are just plain crap.

Scotty
07.08.08, 08:09 AM
I will never forgive myself for paying money to see The Waterboy.

Kimmie5150
07.08.08, 08:10 AM

Bite your tongue! One of the things that makes Will Farrell funny is because he doesn't care. Take that scene in "Old School" for instance, where he's running down the street naked. He has to know what he looks like, does it, and could care less.

I love anyone with such a good sense of humor that they'll even make fun of themselves. It's great!! :thumb:

ZeoBandit
07.08.08, 08:19 AM
I agree about Wil Farrell movies generally not being funny. Big exception is Talledega Nights. That movie was hilarious.

graeme
07.08.08, 08:27 AM
"Red dawn" makes me want to rip off my own arm and beat myself over the head with it.

Also, most movies starring Tom Cruise make me extremely unhappy because he is such a wanker.

and that Star wars Phantom menace thing made me want to hurt small animals.

timmac
07.08.08, 08:37 AM
The movie "Tank" with James Garner, 1984 - the only movie I ever walked out of. I'm just surprised that the girl I saw this thing with still talks to me.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 08:55 AM
Also, most movies starring Tom Cruise make me extremely unhappy because he is such a wanker.

:funny: :D

Interview With The Vampires is a cool movie though :headbang:

and that Star wars Phantom menace thing made me want to hurt small animals.

Are you sure just Phantom Menace makes you want to hurt small animals :p ?

Everything's fine in Dusseldolf mate?

Buschman
07.08.08, 09:11 AM
For me, movies that blow donkey dick:

Natural Born Killers

The Producers - I am so glad we skipped out of the theatre and saw another movie

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin - Joel Schlongguzzler should be shot for making such stinking piles of dog shit... side note - I like the way Nolan is taking the current Batman

Bad Girls

SLEEPER5150
07.08.08, 09:13 AM
I love how the reunion happened in an unscathed Boston, when every other city in the world was destroyed. :rolleyes: Yeah I mean come on! Everyone knows that the proper formula to a sci fi/horror movie is The Brutha always gets it first, and Boston is the first place to be wiped off the map!:devil: Just kidding! Agreed. Horrible movie. Effects were cool though, I will give it that. But let's face it, effects are not what makes a good movie. I'm not feel'n so well remembering this flick!:barf:

Metal Marc
07.08.08, 09:17 AM
"Popeye" was a miserable movie. Anyone remember that piece of crap?

VanHalenRules
07.08.08, 09:21 AM
"Popeye" was a miserable movie. Anyone remember that piece of crap?

F8TRoMSG-5I

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 09:31 AM
But let's face it, effects are not what makes a good movie.

That's Pirates III/Matrix III for you :(

smithjc
07.08.08, 09:54 AM
Kentucky Fried Movie
Convoy
Grease sequels
Stayin Alive - how bout stayin away?
Armageddon
Jaws sequels
Smokey & The Bandit sequels
Star Wars prequels - they really shoulda left well enough alone
Sense & Sensibilities - think that's the title
Braveheart
Gladiator

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's about it right now. Interesting thread btw.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 09:58 AM
I have actually always liked Armageddon. It's hard not to like anything with Bruce Willis in it, besides I really loved that psycho-guy from Con Air and the Russian austranaut :D

smithjc
07.08.08, 09:59 AM
I almost forgot about Popeye. Adding Short Circuit to my list as well.

Menlow
07.08.08, 10:02 AM
Kentucky Fried Movie
Convoy
Grease sequels
Armageddon
Jaws sequels
Braveheart
Gladiator
I'm sure I'll think of more but that's about it right now. Interesting thread btw.

Uh oh.

Scotty
07.08.08, 10:09 AM
Adding Short Circuit to my list as well.
Johnny 5 doesn't like that.
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/images/blogposts/2007/Johnny_5.jpg

Scotty
07.08.08, 10:10 AM
Braveheart
Gladiator
I don't understand this at all.

Kimmie5150
07.08.08, 10:11 AM
How about "Eyes Wide Shut"? I was so pissed after sitting through that whole freakin movie to see what happened, then that STUPID ending!! UGH!

smithjc
07.08.08, 10:13 AM
Sorry bout that. I'm not into those types of movies. My sister likes those kinds of movies. I'm more into comedies.

Shutting up now. :sssh:

Kimmie5150
07.08.08, 10:17 AM
I don't understand this at all.

Me either. Both of those movies kick ass!!!

smithjc
07.08.08, 10:21 AM
Kentucky Fried Movie
Convoy
Grease sequels
Armageddon
Jaws sequels

Okay, for the sake of argument, I've removed Gladiator and Braveheart from the list. They're not movies that I'd watch. To me they suck, but that's just a matter of taste I guess, but to include them with Popeye was a mistake as I now see.

Sorry bout that.

Ace Ventura
07.08.08, 10:25 AM
The Mod Squad....... That movie sucked out loud!!!!!!!

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 10:28 AM
Oh and

Lakehouse was pretty damn bad too. That's with me being both Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bollock fan.

Speaking of Sandra..

Practical Magic, I don't even know what to say :wtf:

Kimmie5150
07.08.08, 10:30 AM
Oh and

Lakehouse was pretty damn bad too. That's with me being both Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bollock fan.

Speaking of Sandra..

I agree, "Speed 2" sucked HUGE balls too!!

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 10:32 AM
I agree, "Speed 2" sucked HUGE balls too!!

Was it the one in the lift?

Yeah it was bollocks.

Heh. I'm sure Sandra would have hard times living in Britain with a surname like that :sssh: :D

Viking
07.08.08, 10:52 AM
Oh and

Speaking of Sandra..

Speaking of "Lakehouse", Susan liked it, I didn't. I kept saying, but if this happened, then...." and she'd get mad at me and say, "You're not supposed to think that hard about it!" I guess that's just my nature.

Also, any movie where they get a small armies worth of firepower out of a pistol without reloading goes to the top of my sucky movies list.

SLEEPER5150
07.08.08, 10:55 AM
Was it the one in the lift?

Yeah it was bollocks.

Heh. I'm sure Sandra would have hard times living in Britain with a surname like that :sssh: :D
Speaking of unfortunate names, when I was younger I had a boss and his name was Harold Butt. At least he preffered Harold, but everyone called him Harry anyway. It never got old when his father who still worked for the company intruduced him as Harry Butt! There was also a client we had not too long ago and she called herself Clee, but on some mail we received from her, the first name was Mrs. Clitoria J****ng. Ouch!

Van Squalen
07.08.08, 11:02 AM
Gladiator

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Unacceptable. :)

Sure, not your cup of tea, okay.

But to say Gladiator flat out sucks...I think that's a wee bit o' stretch.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 11:05 AM
Speaking of unfortunate names, when I was younger I had a boss and his name was Harold Butt. At least he preffered Harold, but everyone called him Harry anyway. It never got old when his father who still worked for the company intruduced him as Harry Butt! There was also a client we had not too long ago and she called herself Clee, but on some mail we received from her, the first name was Mrs. Clitoria J****ng. Ouch!

Lmfao, poor girl. We also had a girl in our company whose name was Donna Cumming :p

Van Squalen
07.08.08, 11:08 AM
I have actually always liked Armageddon. It's hard not to like anything with Bruce Willis in it, besides I really loved that psycho-guy from Con Air and the Russian austranaut :D

LOL. That 'psycho guy from Con Air' is Steve Buscemi.

Who plain fuggin' rocks above all other character actors.

Fargo. Desperado. Ghost World. The Sopranos.

Of course, his coup de gras....Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs.

ZeoBandit
07.08.08, 11:10 AM
Another movie that totally sucked: Date Movie

Gypsy King
07.08.08, 11:27 AM
Hot To Trot
Star Wars prequels

Gladiator didn't suck but was a huge letdown for me if compared to all the hype everyone was giving the movie at that time.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 11:52 AM

Dude, you gotta give me at least Bruce Willis in that one. Yeah I'd admit Ben Affleck cheesified the flick, but c'mon it wasn't all that bad :drunk: . The Green Mile guy was also cool in it.

I've not seen any other movies with Steve Buscemi though, but it sounds like they're all psycho-horror ones :eek:

graeme
07.08.08, 12:05 PM

His coup de gras is that flick he directed and starred in. I think the name is "Trees hill lounge" (not sure) but he played tha part of an alcoholic perfectly. Absolute monotony turned into poetry, just like Mickey Rourke did in "Barfly".

And ... "Gladiator" was fucking shit. I made it through half an hour of that piece of crap. Why is it that every time a big studio makes a movie that is "historical" they give everyone an English accent? For gravitas? Because shakespeare was English? That piece of wank was supposed to be set in Italy.... For fucks sake.

Look out. Another cat is going to get a kick in.

....here kitty......

ps. Wintericelessnesslessnessy.... Dusseldorf is great but I'm back in the UK for a month thus my very short fucking fuse. Thanks for asking though... How are the "shoplifting chav fuckstain walking breathing reasons for abortion" doing anyhow?
Take care buddy. I'm thinking of starting a new national "kick a chav in the face quite hard day". Do you think it will catch on?

I think it will help our society a lot more than national no smoking day....

Wankers.

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 12:23 PM
His coup de gras is that flick he directed and starred in. I think the name is "Trees hill lounge" (not sure) but he played tha part of an alcoholic perfectly. Absolute monotony turned into poetry, just like Mickey Rourke did in "Barfly".

And ... "Gladiator" was fucking shit. I made it through half an hour of that piece of crap. Why is it that every time a big studio makes a movie that is "historical" they give everyone an English accent? For gravitas? Because shakespeare was English? That piece of wank was supposed to be set in Italy.... For fucks sake.

Look out. Another cat is going to get a kick in.

....here kitty......

ps. Wintericelessnesslessnessy.... Dusseldorf is great but I'm back in the UK for a month thus my very short fucking fuse. Thanks for asking though... How are the "shoplifting chav fuckstain walking breathing reasons for abortion" doing anyhow?
Take care buddy. I'm thinking of starting a new national "kick a chav in the face quite hard day". Do you think it will catch on?

I think it will help our society a lot more than national no smoking day....

Wankers.

Dude you crack me up :D :thumb:

Yeah I'm actually wearing this as my msn avatar now :cool: -

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/remicksdnb/chav.jpg

"Why is it that every time a big studio makes a movie that is "historical" they give everyone an English accent? For gravitas? Because shakespeare was English? That piece of wank was supposed to be set in Italy.... For fucks sake."

Haha that's actually a fair observation. Rome tv-series were all done in English accent AND with British slang words. With that said, Rome was bloody brilliant, one episode better then the other.

Van Squalen
07.08.08, 12:26 PM
Geez, the Gladiator sentiment is shocking. Hollywood cinematic period pieces are not made for authenticity, they're generally made for spectacle. Look at Kirk Douglas' American accent in Spartacus. Who cares? When it comes to historical saga, you got the good (Gladiator, The Untouchables, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Schindler's List) to the bad (Alexander, The Thin Red Line, Apocalypto, Passion of the Christ) to the little bit o' both (Dances with Wolves, The Patriot, Platoon).

Gladiator kicks ass, heathens. Geez.

Trees Lounge was good, yes. But it does not trump Reservoir Dogs.

Anybody who says Raiders of the Lost Ark or Pulp Fiction should be summarily tarred and feathered. :rolleyes:

csm5150
07.08.08, 12:26 PM
:funny: :D

Interview With The Vampires is a cool movie though :headbang:

He was great in Collateral as well. Pretty much every Highlander movie-excluding the first one, which is one of my all time faves-sucks donkey balls. Oh, okay, Connery dies in the first one, but comes back in the 2nd one, yeah, that makes sense to me. And this comes from me bitching about a plot point in a movie where persons live forever and fight using swords to chop others' heads off.

Van Squalen
07.08.08, 12:30 PM
He was great in Collateral as well. Pretty much every Highlander movie-excluding the first one, which is one of my all time faves-sucks donkey balls. Oh, okay, Connery dies in the first one, but comes back in the 2nd one, yeah, that makes sense to me. And this comes from me bitching about a plot point in a movie where persons live forever and fight using swords to chop others' heads off.

No, dude, the worst plot point in history was making the immortals fucking aliens. Ruined the context of the whole first movie.

Just a crime.

KT
07.08.08, 12:31 PM
"Sideways"---absolutely hated that movie!!!!!!!!!! :barf:

I have yet to figure out how and why this movie received so many awards and nominations. I just don't get it...:confused:

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 12:36 PM
... to the little bit o' both (Dances with Wolves, The Patriot, Platoon).

.. 300 .

I actually grew to liking that movie alot, it does have some good acting.

graeme
07.08.08, 12:39 PM
Dude you crack me up :D :thumb:

Yeah I'm actually wearing this as my msn avatar now :cool: -

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/remicksdnb/chav.jpg

"Why is it that every time a big studio makes a movie that is "historical" they give everyone an English accent? For gravitas? Because shakespeare was English? That piece of wank was supposed to be set in Italy.... For fucks sake."

Haha that's actually a fair observation. Rome tv-series were all done in English accent AND with British slang words. With that said, Rome was bloody brilliant, one episode better then the other.

That avatar is pure art.

I commend you very, very and quite a bit more than highly.

graeme
07.08.08, 12:41 PM
"Sideways"---absolutely hated that movie!!!!!!!!!! :barf:

I have yet to figure out how and why this movie received so many awards and nominations. I just don't get it...:confused:

I really enjoyed that one but to each their own I guess.

Let's be honest, how many movies have the line....

"I am not drinking any fucking merlot"?

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 12:47 PM
That avatar is pure art.

I commend you very, very and quite a bit more than highly.

http://www.council-of-elrond.com/forums/images/smilies/hi.gif

Daisy Hill
07.08.08, 12:51 PM
Alot of you are talking about big budget movies that should have been good and/or had casts that should have made it good.....like Dragnet with Hanks and Akroyd...or any movie that Nic Cage gets cast in....but I think I've got the corker for this thread

Anybody remember a little piece of "entertainment" called IT'S PAT?

HORRENDOUS GALLOPING TURD of a movie

Oh,pity all the little kiddies would could have been vacinated and lived a pox free life with the money that was spent making that movie!

csm5150
07.08.08, 01:04 PM
No, dude, the worst plot point in history was making the immortals fucking aliens. Ruined the context of the whole first movie.

Just a crime.

Actually I don't think any of those other crappy movies or tv series ruined the first one. I was just saying its odd for me to bitch about a plot point about a movie of immortals running around fighting in the streets.

VegasVic
07.08.08, 01:08 PM
Drop Dead Fred

smithjc
07.08.08, 01:20 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Unacceptable. :)

Sure, not your cup of tea, okay.

But to say Gladiator flat out sucks...I think that's a wee bit o' stretch.

Well I unstretched and took it off the list so there. ;)

You know another sucky movie though was Catch and Release. I went and bought it based on the previews I saw but once I watched the movie I was very disappointed.

Guitar Shark
07.08.08, 01:31 PM
Gladiator kicks ass, heathens. Geez.

Yup. Easily one of my favorite action movies.

One movie which most people seemed to like, but I hated, was Gone Baby Gone.

eden
07.08.08, 02:53 PM
"Sideways"---absolutely hated that movie!!!!!!!!!!

I loved that movie. I love quirky characters and an understated sense of humour.

I also loved Stranger Than Fiction and Lost In Translation. Most people did not. Then again, I'm pretty freakin' weird.

BREW CREW
07.08.08, 03:19 PM
Bonfire of the Vanities, Napolean Dynamite, King Kong (the new one), and yes, Popeye was poopy!

nicholas_kudochop
07.08.08, 03:36 PM
Kentucky Fried Movie

What?!?!? That movies is hilarious!!!!

VanHalenRules
07.08.08, 03:48 PM
What?!?!? That movies is hilarious!!!!

+1

3g3Ex2Tet0s

Daisy Hill
07.08.08, 03:49 PM
Bonfire of the Vanities, Napolean Dynamite, King Kong (the new one), and yes, Popeye was poopy!

Strongly agree, strongly disagree, agree, agree.

Popeye..Who in their right mind makes a movie musical filmed in such a manner that you can't see anyone's legs? Dancing from the waist up? too weird.

Napoleon Dynamite, you either love it or hate it....around here we love it and quote it often, except I do admit that I waited the entire movie for LaFonda to be exposed as a cross dresser, but it never happened.

"How was school"
"Worst day of my life what do you think"

"I don't have any skills like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skillls, computer hacking skills...girls only want boyfriends with great skills"

Napoleon "How long did it take you to grow that mustache"
Pedro "Two days"

N "the defect in that one is bleach...that one tastes like the cow got into the onion patch"
judge "Correct"

and my favorite topical quotes
"Vote for me and all your dreams will come true" and "Vote for me and it will be Summer all year"

WinterlessIceness
07.08.08, 03:59 PM
Strongly agree

I've never watched the film, although I thought the book was amazing.

VegasVic
07.08.08, 04:07 PM
Anything with that rotten egg Keanu Reeves... A more shallow, forced, empty-shell of an actor you'd be hard-pressed to find. He makes William Shatner look like Paul Newman.

nicholas_kudochop
07.08.08, 05:39 PM
+1

3g3Ex2Tet0s

Haha great find! Whenever I think of that movie I think of "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble" and that news anchor saying, "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11." lol....

LLFHS
07.08.08, 05:50 PM
Haha great find! Whenever I think of that movie I think of "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble"

Two words for ya.......shower door. :thumb:

Van Squalen
07.08.08, 06:27 PM
Ha. Nobody's mentioned Nothing But Trouble.

Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Demi Moore, John Candy. No brainer, right?

Right. A literal no brainer. My gawd what a piece of shit.

Isn't it interesting that Chevy Chase's entire career, out of dozens of movies and a failed talk show, stands entirely on the merits of...

One season of SNL.
Caddyshack
Vacation
Fletch

And that's it!

Sure, ya got borderline efforts like moments of the various Vacation sequels, or Modern Problems, or Foul Play, Spies Like Us and The Three Amigos, maybe even Deal of the Century.

But facts are, all Chevy Chase is the first season of SNL, and three flicks.

Weird.

nicholas_kudochop
07.08.08, 07:19 PM
Two words for ya.......shower door. :thumb:

Haha....that's classic

LLFHS
07.08.08, 07:24 PM
The Mummy Returns (that upcoming one looks like an ass-biscuit too)
Batman and Robin
Superman III and IV
Highlander 2 (I'd list the ones that followed but to be fair I avoided them like a vice to the nads)
Jaws 3(-D)
The Flamingo Kid
The People Under The Stairs
Halloweens 3-5
Indiana Jones and the Eleven Dollars I'll Never See Again
The Phantom Menace
Star Trek V - The Overactor Who Thinks He Can Direct
Yor: Hunter From The Future
The Piano
Best Defense (the beginning of the end for Murphy)
Beverly Hills Cop 3 (....and the final nail)
GoldenBrownEye
Lethal Weapon 4

marty
07.08.08, 08:04 PM
Running with scissors

VegasVic
07.08.08, 10:13 PM
Isn't it interesting that Chevy Chase's entire career, out of dozens of movies and a failed talk show, stands entirely on the merits of...

One season of SNL.
Caddyshack
Vacation
Fletch

And that's it!

Sure, ya got borderline efforts like moments of the various Vacation sequels, or Modern Problems, or Foul Play, Spies Like Us and The Three Amigos, maybe even Deal of the Century.

But facts are, all Chevy Chase is the first season of SNL, and three flicks.

Weird.

Chevy Chase is yesterdays Will Ferrell.

I'd include Three Amigos (as you mentioned) and definitely Christmas Vacation.

Funny stuff there, but yeah... just a few strong ones.

WinterlessIceness
07.09.08, 01:38 AM
Anything with that rotten egg Keanu Reeves... A more shallow, forced, empty-shell of an actor you'd be hard-pressed to find. He makes William Shatner look like Paul Newman.

Dude :wtf:

Original Matrix, Speed and Scanner Darkly are all as great films as you can get.

mistere
07.09.08, 02:45 AM
I'm watching Snakes On A Plane as I type this. It's actually kinda funny
(intentional or no) and is entertaining on some level. Nowhere near
as bad as Anaconda. Holy shit.

And whatever that movie was with Travolta, Martin Lawrence, etc. as
motorcycle enthusiasts. I don't even want to remember the name so I'll
just call it That Big Peice of Shit. It's not like I didn't know it had
suck written all over it, it's that I was profoundly disappointed that a
great actor like William H. Macy would have even been involved in it.

And if you don't dig Napolean Dynamite or Sideways, you are wrong.

RRMB
07.09.08, 03:48 AM
And whatever that movie was with Travolta, Martin Lawrence, etc. as
motorcycle enthusiasts. I don't even want to remember the name so I'll
just call it That Big Peice of Shit. It's not like I didn't know it had
suck written all over it, it's that I was profoundly disappointed that a
great actor like William H. Macy would have even been involved in it.

And if you don't dig Napolean Dynamite or Sideways, you are wrong.

I guess I'm sideways. I didn't find either one of those even remotely funny.

Wild Hogs on the other hand, I thought was as funny a movie as I had seen in a looooooooooooong while. And William H. Macy absolutely stole the movie. His character got the most laughs of any of he other three.

Granted, it's not a literary masterpiece or Oscar caliber, but was one of the best movies I've been able to catch for a long time. And, as a long time rider that hasn't ridden in a while, my friends that still actively ride found it to be so accurately true, on both sides, it was a true representation of society today.

jimmy812
07.09.08, 04:20 AM
Indiana Jones and the Eleven Dollars I'll Never See Again

:funny:

ZeoBandit
07.09.08, 05:02 AM
Wild Hogs on the other hand, I thought was as funny a movie as I had seen in a looooooooooooong while. And William H. Macy absolutely stole the movie. His character got the most laughs of any of he other three.

Well said! Wild Hogs was pretty funny, and Macy was awesome in it.

Daisy Hill
07.09.08, 05:04 AM

One season of SNL.
Caddyshack
Vacation
Fletch

And that's it!

actually, it seems to be a the norm.....think about the supposedly "big stars" whose movies consistently get mentioned here....John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tom Cruise, Dan Akroyd, Keanu Reeves, Nicolas Cage, Bruce Willis, and others...... Meg Ryan Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Anniston, and even Juila Roberts have made a lot of stinkers.....I've been involved in enough local theatre to know that you don't set out to make a stinker, and the cause is frequently mysterious, but it makes me wonder when so many studio films are downright awful and production costs are enormous, wouldn't it make sense to make fewer movies, and put more into development in order to make the studios bottom line look better?

interesting to think how many directors and actors make a series of bad movies and the studios just seem to think the movie goer will buy a ticket based upon the actors Q rating or whatever. They sure do put a lot of stock in opening weekend returns....

VanHalenRules
07.09.08, 05:22 AM
actually, it seems to be a the norm.....think about the supposedly "big stars" whose movies consistently get mentioned here....John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tom Cruise, Dan Akroyd, Keanu Reeves, Nicolas Cage, Bruce Willis, and others...... Meg Ryan Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Anniston, and even Juila Roberts have made a lot of stinkers.....I've been involved in enough local theatre to know that you don't set out to make a stinker, and the cause is frequently mysterious, but it makes me wonder when so many studio films are downright awful and production costs are enormous, wouldn't it make sense to make fewer movies, and put more into development in order to make the studios bottom line look better?

interesting to think how many directors and actors make a series of bad movies and the studios just seem to think the movie goer will buy a ticket based upon the actors Q rating or whatever. They sure do put a lot of stock in opening weekend returns....

Think about it like this. How many movies listed here were sequels to movies that were low budget/big studio releases that made it big? Smokey and the Bandit was very low budget, shot completely in GA over about five or six weeks, Pontiac had to have it's arm twisted to provide 3 pre-production 77 Trans Ams (the cars were actually 76s with 77 noses) and a couple of Sheriff cars, yet it was the second highest grossing movie behind Star Wars (also low budget for it's time) that year. Caddyshack was a relatively low budget flick that made it and the sequel sucked. The list could go on and on. Now, of course, there are big budget movies out there that had their first one come out like shit, like Star Trek:The Motion Picture that went on forever, while Start Trek II:The Wrath of Khan kicked ass.

It seems like the big studios have taken the approach that every picture made has to be big budget and knock it out of the park every time. Caddyshack and Smokey and the Bandit would have a snowball's chance in hell these days.

By the way, how come no one has mentioned WaterWorld as a class A stinkbomb of a movie yet?:p

ZeoBandit
07.09.08, 05:27 AM
By the way, how come no one has mentioned WaterWorld as a class A stinkbomb of a movie yet?:p

No one wanted to state the obvious! :D

rchop84
07.09.08, 05:33 AM
Anyone see Blind Date with Bruce Willis and the dude from Night Court, what an atrocity that was.

All of the 3 Men and Baby, (the only reason i watched it was for that scene with the supposed ghost behind the curtains) all of the Look Who's Talking, again with John Travolta

I dont get the hatin on Ferrell, he's genius, with the exception of a few. How could you not think Zoolander wasnt hillarious. Old School? a classic already.

Genghis_John
07.09.08, 07:06 AM
Here's a B movie that was major suckage - even for a B movie.

Shark Attack 3!!

Love the script...lol

w1XOfHax6Q8

jimmy812
07.09.08, 07:26 AM
The Blair Witch sequel (forget the title)
The Hulk (from a couple years ago)
Daredevil (never saw it but most likely sucked)
Batman and Robin
The Number 23
Ghost Rider
The Fan
Stephen King's Dreamcatcher
Snake Eyes
Lady in the Water
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man

WinterlessIceness
07.09.08, 07:33 AM
Hey, Demolition Man was fun!

It's as "bad" as any Stallone movie.

Kimmie5150
07.09.08, 08:17 AM

Gasp! I am appalled! Keanu is a FINE actor! Don't be talkin smack about Keanu damn it!!!:D

billy007
07.09.08, 08:36 AM
A couple more for y'all:

"Screwed"
"The Royal Tannenbaums"

both had previews that looked promising but were instead utter shit.

WinterlessIceness
07.09.08, 08:54 AM
Gasp! I am appalled! Keanu is a FINE actor! Don't be talkin smack about Keanu damn it!!!:D

He tends to play the same "Huh? What the fuck is happening to me" character in every movie, but he fits well in any case.

Kimmie5150
07.09.08, 08:59 AM
He tends to play the same "Huh? What the fuck is happening to me" character in every movie, but he fits well in any case.

True, and my favorite is the character he played in "The Devil's Advocate", plus he's just SO CUTE when he grins.:D

I loved him in "The Replacements" too. Keanu......football.......my kind of movie!!!

onefootoutthedoor
07.09.08, 08:59 AM
A couple more for y'all:

"Screwed"
"The Royal Tannenbaums"

both had previews that looked promising but were instead utter shit.

What?! "The Royal Tannenbaums" was the shit!

ZeoBandit
07.09.08, 09:06 AM
Hey, Demolition Man was fun!

It's as "bad" as any Stallone movie.

Yeah. I liked Demolition Man

i1sum2!
07.09.08, 09:48 AM

Ah c'mon, he's one dimensional Kimmie! It has nothing to do with his acting for you huh? It's all about his looks.:sssh: :D

And Stallone, has he even made a good movie beyond First Blood? Lot of stinkers from him. He's another one dimensional kind of guy. And Tom Cruise too. No range whatsoever.

LLFHS
07.09.08, 09:56 AM
I...am....an...FBI....AGENT!

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/images/photos/keanu_reeves_02.jpg

jimmy812
07.09.08, 10:19 AM
And Stallone, has he even made a good movie beyond First Blood? Lot of stinkers from him. He's another one dimensional kind of guy. And Tom Cruise too. No range whatsoever.

First Blood......very little dialogue = Stallone's best film.

Although I think Tom Cruise is slightly better than one-dimensional, he does seem to play various roles with the same cocky demeanor.
He really fit the role of Vincent in The Color of Money to a T.
There's just not much depth to his acting abilities. IMO, his best acting job was in Magnolia (cameo). Born on the Fourth of July was a great opportunity for him so showcase all of his abilities but I think he fell a little short, still a good job though.

i1sum2!
07.09.08, 10:30 AM
I...am....an...FBI....AGENT!

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/images/photos/keanu_reeves_02.jpg

I know! It's wild, isn't it?:D

nicholas_kudochop
07.09.08, 11:06 AM
What?! "The Royal Tannenbaums" was the shit!

Yeah. It was!

First Blood......very little dialogue = Stallone's best film.

Gotta disagree...it definitely wasn't better than Copland or the first Rocky...

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:07 AM
And Stallone, has he even made a good movie beyond First Blood? Lot of stinkers from him.

Actually, he did. Copland. Excellent. He was also good in Nighthawks.

But yeah, most of the rest of it....blecch. He does, however, have a fair share of guilty pleasures, topping said list of course -

Cobra. :)

"You are the disease. I am the cure."

LOL, claaaaaaaaaaasic cheese. It don't get more muenster than that.

nicholas_kudochop
07.09.08, 11:10 AM

But yeah, most of the rest of it....blecch. He does, however, have a fair share of guilty pleasures, topping said list of course - Cobra. :)

How about that arm wrestling one where he is "wrestling" to win a new big rig? Over The Top? Haha that movie sucks...but I watch it!

VanHalenRules
07.09.08, 11:16 AM

But yeah, most of the rest of it....blecch. He does, however, have a fair share of guilty pleasures, topping said list of course -

Cobra. :)

"You are the disease. I am the cure."

LOL, claaaaaaaaaaasic cheese. It don't get more muenster than that.

Yeah, but really bad Stalone flicks are still far better than some chick-flick.

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:17 AM
How about that arm wrestling one where he is "wrestling" to win a new big rig? Over The Top? Haha that movie sucks...but I watch it!

How about Stop or My Mom Will Shoot?

Tango and Cash?

Rhinestone?

Lockup?

Daylight?

Oscar?

Assasins?

Judge Dredd?

Actually, I liked Cliffhanger, but more for John Lithgow and the hot chick from Northern Exposure than Sly.

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but really bad Stalone flicks are still far better than some chick-flick.

Define chick flick. :)

Bad Stallone flicks are about as bad as cinema can get. :)

Thelma and Louise, for example, is NOT a chick flick.

nicholas_kudochop
07.09.08, 11:20 AM
How about Stop or My Mom Will Shoot?

Tango and Cash?

Rhinestone?

Lockup?

Daylight?

Oscar?

Assasins?

Judge Dredd?

Actually, I liked Cliffhanger, but more for John Lithgow and the hot chick from Northern Exposure than Sly.

Whoa whoa whoa....let's not bring Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot into this!

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:20 AM
Whoa whoa whoa....let's not bring Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot into this!

Why not? This is a thread about movies that SUCK.

Think it fits the bill. It may define the bill. :)

VanHalenRules
07.09.08, 11:21 AM
Define chick flick. :)

Bad Stallone flicks are about as bad as cinema can get. :)

Thelma and Louise, for example, is NOT a chick flick.

Um, let's see:

Sense and Senseless

Pride and Pre-ejaculate

Brainless in Seattle

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:25 AM
Um, let's see:

Sense and Senseless

Pride and Pre-ejaculate

Brainless in Seattle

I will see any Tom Hanks film - even with that inspid overrated Meg Ryan - over Stop or My Mom Will Shoot.

And Keira Knightley alone will get me to watch something over Spy Kids 3D.

But I get your gist. :)

Menlow
07.09.08, 11:26 AM
How can you be discussing Stallone in a thread about movies that suck and not mention Driven?

What's wrong with you people?

onefootoutthedoor
07.09.08, 11:29 AM
How can you be discussing Stallone in a thread about movies that suck and not mention Driven?

Congratulations! I had managed to rid that movie from my memory, and you brought it up. :yell:

chefcraig
07.09.08, 11:30 AM

One of the few films in recent memory that went not directly to cable, overseas or DVD. It went immediately to "independent convenience store" right next to "Red Dawn" and all of those other crummy copies of '80s dreck...

Menlow
07.09.08, 11:32 AM
One of the few films in recent memory that went not directly to cable, overseas or DVD. It went immediately to "independent convenience store" right next to "Red Dawn" and all of those other crummy copies of '80s dreck...

I'll take a pack of Marlboro Reds, this month's Barely Legal, and that Driven DVD....

i1sum2!
07.09.08, 11:33 AM
Actually, he did. Copland.

That one was different for him, I'll agree, but a boring flick imo. Matter of fact, I don't think I made it to the end of it either.

Agreed. Lithgow is great at playing psychotics. And Janine Turner is really the only saver besides Lithgow here. Not too bad on the 'ole eyes. Ridin' along in the chopper with Mr. Huckleberry Walton lol.:D

chefcraig
07.09.08, 11:35 AM
I'll take a pack of Marlboro Reds, this month's Barely Legal, and that Driven DVD....

That will be $8.50. Thank you, come again.

Menlow
07.09.08, 11:36 AM

:funny:

VanHalenRules
07.09.08, 11:37 AM

I think you padded the charge for the DVD there chef.;)

chefcraig
07.09.08, 11:41 AM
I think you padded the charge for the DVD there chef.;)

Not necessarily. There is a note on the DVD display box that states: "WARNING After inserting this disc into your player, occasional grinding noises are to be expected."

SLEEPER5150
07.09.08, 11:43 AM
Lot to go through on this post but how 'bout "Junior"? Yeeeeeechhhhhhh!

Menlow
07.09.08, 11:46 AM

As first act as governor, Arnold ordered that all copies of that movie be burned and anybody who dare mention it be forced to sit through Oscar instread.

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:48 AM

:spit:

Van Squalen
07.09.08, 11:53 AM
Let us not forget Death Race 2000. Which is actually a movie that both sucks and does not suck. Sucks in the Stallone/Carradine can't act worth a shit sense, but novelty and concept definitely not suckworthy.

The 2008 remake coming out is also twofold in its presentation - that Jason Statham would agree to star is not shocking. That Joan Allen would agree to costar is staggering.

chefcraig
As first act as governor, Arnold ordered that all copies of that movie be burned and anybody who dare mention it be forced to sit through Oscar instread.

No one ever mentions that "Junior" was a complete rip-off of a Billy Crystal movie from the seventies called "Rabbit Test". I don't see why not, as it's level of suck-age was at least equal. :barf:

VanHalenRules
Not necessarily. There is a note on the DVD display box that states: "WARNING After inserting this disc into your player, occasional grinding noises are to be expected."

No, please don't go there. That reminds me way too much of the commercial where the kids 'feeds' oatmeal to his father's VCR. A move that my then 2 year old son felt inclined to copy.:brickwall

Daisy Hill
07.09.08, 12:15 PM
Cliffhanger....heck, let's just lump in any Renny Harlin directed movie...there may be a good one in there, but it's still a pretty good bet that if he directed it, it's dreck....Cutthroat Island anyone?....that should have been named as Geena Davis' sole grounds for divorce

and while you're at it, add any movie featuring the esteemed Governor of the Great State of Caali- forn-eeya....eliminate Terminator and True Lies and what do you have Twins? Red Sonja? Jingle all the Way? If the state of Caali-forn-eeya could get it's own governor to refund all the admissions to Caali-forn-eeya residents who had to sit through this crap, they'd solve their budget crisis...a much bigger impact than the federal $700 economic stimulus check

VegasVic
07.09.08, 12:47 PM
Dude :wtf:

Original Matrix, Speed and Scanner Darkly are all as great films as you can get.

You have a lot of folks that would agree with you on that.

I am not one of them. Very much not.

LLFHS
07.09.08, 01:32 PM

Took me all night to get my wallet to stop crying the day I saw that POS.

LLFHS
07.09.08, 01:33 PM
You have a lot of folks that would agree with you on that.

I am not one of them. Very much not.

Jeeeeeezzuss! Speed was poo-poo.

LLFHS
07.09.08, 01:38 PM
Cliffhanger....heck, let's just lump in any Renny Harlin directed movie...there may be a good one in there, but it's still a pretty good bet that if he directed it, it's dreck....Cutthroat Island anyone?....that should have been named as Geena Davis' sole grounds for divorce

and while you're at it, add any movie featuring the esteemed Governor of the Great State of Caali- forn-eeya....eliminate Terminator and True Lies and what do you have Twins? Red Sonja? Jingle all the Way? If the state of Caali-forn-eeya could get it's own governor to refund all the admissions to Caali-forn-eeya residents who had to sit through this crap, they'd solve their budget crisis...a much bigger impact than the federal $700 economic stimulus check

Ah the visionary Renny Harlin. Director of such gems as Die Hard 2: 2 Dumb 2 Die and Deep Blue Sea.

And I gotta agree about Arnie. Out of his whole track record, I like maybe 5 of his flicks. I'll admit it.....I friggin loved Kindergarten Cop. :thumb:

WinterlessIceness
07.09.08, 02:15 PM

You also have Predator, Total Recall, Running Man and Terminator 2 :p

To be fair he could have just appeared in Terminator saga and he'd still be one of the best-know actors to date.

By the way Schwarzenegger doesn't accept his wages as a governor - he donates them to heathcare.

Kimmie5150
07.10.08, 05:48 AM
Ah c'mon, he's one dimensional Kimmie! It has nothing to do with his acting for you huh? It's all about his looks.:sssh: :D

No! Dang it Sum, it has nothing to do with his looks, although they don't hurt anything. :D

I like Stallone (hated the last "Rocky" installment btw), but Tom Cruise always has BLOWED HARD, and he always will.

i1sum2!
07.10.08, 06:55 AM
No! Dang it Sum, it has nothing to do with his looks, although they don't hurt anything. :D

Sure, uh huh.;)

I like Stallone (hated the last "Rocky" installment btw), but Tom Cruise always has BLOWED HARD, and he always will.

Stallone always sounds like he's coming off his death bed from pneumonia. And has marbles in his mouth. Cruise is a total wanker.

Kimmie5150
07.10.08, 06:59 AM
Sure, uh huh.;)

Stallone always sounds like he's coming off his death bed from pneumonia. And has marbles in his mouth. Cruise is a total wanker.

Damn it! What did I say earlier about talkin smack about Keanu? :D

Lol....Yeah Stallone does sound like that, but I like him. I love Rocky damn it! I love boxing.....it's my daddy's fault.....blame him. :D

VivaVH
07.10.08, 07:26 AM
American Psycho with Christian Bale was as bad as any movie I've ever seen. Almost 2 hours worth of absolutely no plot.

Menlow
07.10.08, 10:07 AM
You also have Predator, Total Recall, Running Man and Terminator 2 :p

To be fair he could have just appeared in Terminator saga and he'd still be one of the best-know actors to date.

By the way Schwarzenegger doesn't accept his wages as a governor - he donates them to heathcare.

Even though it's cheesy, I've always been partial to Commando.

VanHalenRules
07.10.08, 10:16 AM
Heaven's Gate
Leonard Part 6
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (although the MST3K episode that featured this was hilarious!)

smithjc
07.10.08, 10:27 AM
More Arnie films: Twins, Jingle All The Way. I rather liked those two movies though.

loveevhsince79
07.10.08, 11:30 AM
I'll admit it.....I friggin loved Kindergarten Cop. :thumb:

I love that movie too with the dude from Two Moon Junction as the bad guy. Now that movie had some terrific quotes from the interrogation of the kids.

"Who is my daddy and what does he do?"
"Our mom says our dad is a sex machine."
"My dad's a gynecologist. He looks at vaginas all day long."
"I have a headache", "It might be a tumor", ""It's not a tumor"

You didn't like The Birdcage"? I love that movie!!!

Guitar Shark
07.10.08, 11:33 AM
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Terrible, formulaic movie that ruined one of my favorite books from childhood.

Menlow
07.10.08, 11:37 AM
You didn't like The Birdcage"? I love that movie!!!

It wasn't quite as horrible as his others, but it helped that he played the straight man, (even though he was playing a gay man.) He wasn't as maniacal or as sappy as he is in his other "comedies."

loveevhsince79
07.10.08, 11:43 AM
I'm going to nominate Doogle as the worst children's film of all time. I can sit through a lot for my kids sake but even my kids rated it a horrible movie and they were 4 and 3 at the time. Just thinking about it is painful to remember.

Glenn
07.10.08, 11:43 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned Twister. Helen Hunt succeeds here at being beautiful, sexy, and yet completely unwatchable. That's a skill. And who can forget, try as you might, Bill Paxton, who is a horrible actor. He sucks in Titanic ("for blah blah years I looked for Titanic, BUT I NEVER LET IT IN!!" hahahahaha), Apollo 13, fuck everything he's been in.

Another meeting of horrid movie and Bill Paxton is Vertical Limit! Just awful.

I want to forgive him for being Chet in Weird Science, but I can't turn the other cheek here.

loveevhsince79
07.10.08, 12:20 PM

It's okay Kimmie. My dad says the same thing about Kevin Costner that he's one dimensional and couldn't act his way out of a wet paperbag but I can't help myself, I love to watch him. I'm even looking forward to Swing Vote which is coming out but looks to be a less than Oscar worthy movie. It's the pretty smile and happy eyes thing with him that gets to me. I will say that The Up Side of Anger with him and Joan Allen is an excellent movie and he plays the role perfectly.

ZeoBandit
07.10.08, 12:42 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Twister. Helen Hunt succeeds here at being beautiful, sexy, and yet completely unwatchable. That's a skill. And who can forget, try as you might, Bill Paxton, who is a horrible actor.

I liked Twister. Definitely won't win any Oscars, but it was (and still is) fun to watch.

Guitar Shark
07.10.08, 12:46 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Twister. Helen Hunt succeeds here at being beautiful, sexy, and yet completely unwatchable. That's a skill. And who can forget, try as you might, Bill Paxton, who is a horrible actor. He sucks in Titanic ("for blah blah years I looked for Titanic, BUT I NEVER LET IT IN!!" hahahahaha), Apollo 13, fuck everything he's been in.

I want to forgive him for being Chet in Weird Science, but I can't turn the other cheek here.

I agree 100%, except that I have never found Hunt sexy.

VegasVic
07.10.08, 12:47 PM
It wasn't quite as horrible as his others, but it helped that he played the straight man, (even though he was playing a gay man.) He wasn't as maniacal or as sappy as he is in his other "comedies."

I've always felt like Robin Williams built a career doing a bad impression of Jonathan Winters on crack.

I did like Good Will Hunting and Dead Poet's Society. DPS doesn't stand up well as time marches on however. I don't dislike him, but he's not one of my favorites either.

i1sum2!
07.10.08, 02:00 PM
I've always felt like Robin Williams built a career doing a bad impression of Jonathan Winters on crack.

Hmm, good description. Hadn't really looked at it that way, but, now that you mention it, Williams does give that impression. I liked him when I was younger, but now he's annoying in his old age.

i1sum2!
07.10.08, 02:06 PM
It's okay Kimmie. My dad says the same thing about Kevin Costner that he's one dimensional and couldn't act his way out of a wet paperbag but I can't help myself, I love to watch him. I'm even looking forward to Swing Vote which is coming out but looks to be a less than Oscar worthy movie. It's the pretty smile and happy eyes thing with him that gets to me. I will say that The Up Side of Anger with him and Joan Allen is an excellent movie and he plays the role perfectly.

Ya see, it's the same dang thing with you gals, you're looking at the guys sex appeal rather than seeing him for his true (or lack of) acting skills. Look beyond his physique and what do you have? Tell your dad he ain't wrong with his thinking of Costner as one dimensional. ;)

same thing with Bradly Pittess too:sssh:

WinterlessIceness
07.10.08, 03:34 PM
Ya see, it's the same dang thing with you gals, you're looking at the guys sex appeal rather than seeing him for his true (or lack of) acting skills. Look beyond his physique and what do you have? Tell your dad he ain't wrong with his thinking of Costner as one dimensional. ;)

Yo, Brad Pitt is awesome!

Daisy Hill
07.10.08, 04:11 PM

Same dang thing with US GALS? LOL let's now discuss why Pam Anderson has a career or for that matter, Meg Ryan Tara Reid, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Denise Richards, Neve Campbell, Elizabeth Berkely Sharon Stone and countless others over the ages ... For reference just go over to the "best celebrity T&A thread"!

VegasVic
07.10.08, 04:39 PM
Same dang thing with US GALS? LOL let's now discuss why Pam Anderson has a career or for that matter, Meg Ryan Tara Reid, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Denise Richards, Neve Campbell, Elizabeth Berkely Sharon Stone and countless others over the ages ... For reference just go over to the "best celebrity T&A thread"!

You're right on every single one of those. Especially Pam Anderson. She's like a creepy inflatable doll that won't shut up.

Overall, I think the likes of those mentioned are popular because watching them is as close to watching porn as most of the guys will get. Except in Pam Anderson's case of course. If you're watching her, you may actually be watching porn. :eek:

Viking
07.10.08, 07:50 PM

Bill Paxton is the worst actor in history. He almost single handedly ruined "Tombstone". Kevin Costner is not far behind, very one dimensional actor.

Now coming soon, to a theater near you...A movie that reeks in suckiness!!!...A movie that will test you to your limits, Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton star in, "One Dimensional Man" This 3 hour and 55 minute epic will make "Titanic" look like "Mr. Mom!" Don't miss it!

LLFHS
07.10.08, 08:09 PM
Bill Paxton is the worst actor in history. He almost single handedly ruined "Tombstone".

Aw c'mon.....he RULED in "Aliens".

OLO
07.10.08, 08:10 PM
I like Bill Paxton and Kevin Costner.

marty
07.10.08, 08:35 PM
Rumor has it was crap with Kevin Costner Jennifer Aniston

Van Squalen
07.10.08, 10:29 PM
Nah, Costner has some worthy work under his belt.

Dances with Wolves
Bull Durham
The Untouchables
Field of Dreams
JFK
Tin Cup
Open Range
The Upside of Anger
A Perfect World (with Clint)

Of course, sure, you got cowpies like Waterworld (which I admit is a guilty pleasure for me - Road Warrior on the water), The Postman, 3000 Miles to Graceland, Wyatt Earp, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

I actually really liked him when he was virtually nobody in Silverado.

One of the more underrated modern Westerns of our time, and maybe the only decent Kevin Kline movie ever made besides A Fish Called Wanda.

fudd
07.10.08, 10:40 PM
Anyone mention The Blair Witch Project? I was so pissed I asked for a refund.

marty
07.10.08, 11:04 PM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was hard to follow

graeme
07.11.08, 01:43 AM
Cruise is a total wanker.

I have nothing to add here. I just wanted to see it posted again. Hats off fellow.

Kimmie5150
07.11.08, 04:07 AM

Well ok Sum, we'll call a truce.

and yeah Brad Pitt may be pretty, but he doesn't do a damn thing for me, and I happen to think his acting superbly sucks.

billy007
07.11.08, 04:24 AM

Dances with Wolves
Bull Durham
The Untouchables
Field of Dreams
JFK
Tin Cup
Open Range
The Upside of Anger

Of course, sure, you got cowpies like Waterworld (which I admit is a guilty pleasure for me - Road Warrior on the water), The Postman, 3000 Miles to Graceland, Wyatt Earp, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

One of the more underrated modern Westerns of our time, and maybe the only decent Kevin Kline movie ever made besides A Fish Called Wanda.

Where do you place "No Way Out"?

Goo
07.11.08, 04:40 AM
Jaws: The revenge was pretty bloody terrible!

http://www.dreamagic.com/roger/jawrev.gif

ZeoBandit
07.11.08, 05:34 AM
Jaws: The revenge was pretty bloody terrible!

http://www.dreamagic.com/roger/jawrev.gif

Yeah, that one was truly horrible. It made Jaws 3 look 1000 times better when you compare the two.

VanHalenRules
07.11.08, 05:45 AM
Yeah, that one was truly horrible. It made Jaws 3 look 1000 times better when you compare the two.

I don't know about that. At least the shark moved in Jaws:The Revenge, whereas the shark in 3 looked a immobile turd.

Menlow
07.11.08, 05:47 AM
I don't know about that. At least the shark moved in Jaws:The Revenge, whereas the shark in 3 looked a immobile turd.

At least the shark in Jaws III didn't follow a person from the northeast down to the Bahamas. ;)

rchop84
07.11.08, 06:10 AM

OMG, I never realized that was him. That was a great character.

But yes, he is a terrible actor...something about his voice, his lines all seem forced. I didnt even like him in Tombstone...til he got shot.

Menlow
07.11.08, 06:36 AM

Bill Paxton was great in True Lies.

"What about their husbands?"

"Hey, if they were taking care of business, I'd be out of business."

sixstring
07.11.08, 07:00 AM

Dances with Wolves
Bull Durham
The Untouchables
Field of Dreams
JFK
Tin Cup
Open Range
The Upside of Anger

You forgot one of THE Costner CLASSICS, "Fandango" - my fave of his by far...:thumb:

Van Squalen
07.11.08, 10:15 AM
Where do you place "No Way Out"?

Ya know, a lot of folk like that one, I know, but I just couldn't get into it. Seemed like it got a lot of hype over his character banging Sean Young in the back of a limo. :)

Other under the radar Costner flicks - Dragonfly and Mr. Brooks. Pretty good, especially the latter.

Personally, I think Tin Cup may be a better sports flick than Bull Durham. Okay, maybe not that good, but it's a good one nevertheless.

Van Squalen
07.11.08, 10:18 AM
You forgot one of THE Costner CLASSICS, "Fandango" - my fave of his by far...:thumb:

What about Revenge? I can't remember if I liked that one or not. I seem to recall Anthony Quinn in that one.....

Stidham
07.11.08, 10:38 AM
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (although the MST3K episode that featured this was hilarious!)

I can remember watching that movie every year when I was little. I thought it was the greatest. I tried to watch it when my kids were little. OH MY GOD, did it suck. I would love to see the MST3K version.

Stidham
07.11.08, 10:40 AM

I watch Twister every spring when tornado season starts here in the midwest. I thought Paxton was hilarious in True Lies though.

VanHalenRules
07.11.08, 11:01 AM
I can remember watching that movie every year when I was little. I thought it was the greatest. I tried to watch it when my kids were little. OH MY GOD, did it suck. I would love to see the MST3K version.

A short clip of it, but well worth the 9:41 of your time.:thumb:
LNu__vWHQ1k

loveevhsince79
07.11.08, 11:15 AM
Personally, I think Tin Cup may be a better sports flick than Bull Durham. Okay, maybe not that good, but it's a good one nevertheless.

Maybe it's a preference for Rene Russo over Susan Sarandon? In my book, that is almost sacrilegious as Bull Durham is one of my all time favorites.

i1sum2!
07.11.08, 12:00 PM
I watch Twister every spring when tornado season starts here in the midwest. I thought Paxton was hilarious in True Lies though.

The movie Twister is so far off the mark, it's not even funny. We Okies have a good laugh about this. Can you say Hollywood?:rolleyes:

loveevhsince79
07.11.08, 12:06 PM
I admit I love Twister too. Sometimes I think people take movies too literal. A movie is entertainment and I take it for what it's intended. Not every movie is supposed to have brilliant acting, breath taking vistas, high brow plot lines, etc. Sometimes they're just intended to make you smile. There are very few movies that I would say "suck". There may be movies I like a whole lot less than others such as Airplane. I'm not a big fan of that movie but I can appreciate it for what it's intended to be and understand why some people love it. Oscar worthy? Nah. Makes you laugh? Absolutely.

i1sum2!
07.11.08, 12:12 PM
I admit I love Twister too. Sometimes I think people take movies too literal. A movie is entertainment and I take it for what it's intended. Not every movie is supposed to have brilliant acting, breath taking vistas, high brow plot lines, etc. Sometimes they're just intended to make you smile. There are very few movies that I would say "suck". There may be movies I like a whole lot less than others such as Airplane. I'm not a big fan of that movie but I can appreciate it for what it's intended to be and understand why some people love it. Oscar worthy? Nah. Makes you laugh? Absolutely.

So, you like paying $10 to see a movie that the critics applauded before going in to see it? Never trust critics.

loveevhsince79
07.11.08, 12:15 PM
So, you like paying $10 to see a movie that the critics applauded before going in to see it? Never trust critics.

Um, no, just the opposite. I usually like the movies that critics think are horrible.

VegasVic
07.11.08, 12:16 PM

Well, what you've said is a big part of what makes a movie "suck" or not. It's "suck" quotient is directly proportional to it's ability to deliver as advertised. If it's supposed to be a drama, is it dramatic? Is the comedy funny? etcetera...

Airplane is what it is. I love it. The first time I saw it I laughed as hard as I did the first time I saw the first Vacation. Both funny but different kinds of funny.

Now if you want to watch a movie that is unintentionally funny, watch Robert Stack in The Last Voyage. That is MST material right there....
"I need a torch! An acetylene torch!"

chefcraig
07.11.08, 12:20 PM
...Airplane is what it is. I love it. The first time I saw it I laughed as hard as I did the first time I saw the first Vacation. Both funny but different kinds of funny.

Controller: I know but this guy has no flying experience at all. He's a menace to himself and everything else in the air...yes, birds too.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/306/airplaneone0612bigsl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

VegasVic
07.11.08, 12:25 PM
That's a great pic.

Van Squalen
07.11.08, 03:06 PM
Maybe it's a preference for Rene Russo over Susan Sarandon? In my book, that is almost sacrilegious as Bull Durham is one of my all time favorites.

Nah, Sarandon's WAY more fuckable than Russo.

I just think that climax when he refuses to lay up, then finally sinks the shot with his last ball as he throws the US Open outta pride is awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I love BD, who doesn't? I'm just sayin' Tin Cup often gets overshadowed by Bull Durham. A lotta people dig For the Love of the Game, but I'm not one of them.

chefcraig
07.11.08, 03:21 PM
...I just think that climax when he refuses to lay up, then finally sinks the shot with his last ball as he throws the US Open outta pride is awesome.

One of the finest moments ever in sports on film. :headbang:

Tin Cup - The Final Hole (10:28)
CbwRUGSkWug

Daisy Hill
07.11.08, 03:37 PM
Thanks for that Chef....love that movie and love the soundtrack..in fact it's sitting on my desk right now.

Van Squalen
07.11.08, 03:49 PM

Agreed. :thumb:

Number 47
07.11.08, 03:54 PM
At least the shark in Jaws III didn't follow a person from the northeast down to the Bahamas. ;)

The shark in III was confined and degraded in an unnatural setting... SeaWorld in 3D. Where as the shark in The Revenge was an international traveler... with Sea Miles.

Both just wanted to eat something.

Number 47
07.11.08, 04:14 PM

Or...

W3A9rLoz_0o

YankeeRose
07.11.08, 04:19 PM
Jeepers Creepers is the worst movie I have seen! I hate that movie. Especially the ending.

VanHalenRules
07.11.08, 04:26 PM
Or...

W3A9rLoz_0o

I shoulda yelled two!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Number 47
07.11.08, 05:26 PM
Murder On The Orient Express
The Truman Story
Superman Returns
Depp As Wonka
Tank Girl
Great Expectations Di Niro
The Abyss
Bicentennial Man
The Couch Trip ;)
Hook
The Apartment
Frankenstein Di Niro
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
The Wall
Three Dancing Slaves (Le Clan)
Eraserhead

So many disappoint. :bounce:

Greenpaw
07.12.08, 11:55 AM
Napoleon Dynamite. Not a single chuckle, not one remote resemblance of anything funny. Just a terrible pile of smelly shit.

What Lies Beneath is another one that comes to mind. That monotone bore Harrison Ford delivers yet another unconvincing lazy performance.

Michele Pfeiffer is still smokin hot, so it's not a total loss. :devil:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6808/michellepfeifferwhatliews2.jpg

Viking
07.12.08, 03:14 PM
Napoleon Dynamite. Not a single chuckle, not one remote resemblance of anything funny. Just a terrible pile of smelly shit.

What Lies Beneath is another one that comes to mind. That monotone bore Harrison Ford delivers yet another unconvincing lazy performance.

Michele Pfeiffer is still smokin hot, so it's not a total loss. :devil:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6808/michellepfeifferwhatliews2.jpg

I bought Napoleon Dynamite because I had heard it was funny. Same thing. I don't think I laughed one time. I ended up giving it to my niece.

I don't really remember much about What Lies Beneath, but I'm with you on Michelle Pfeiffer. That is one fine woman.

LLFHS
07.12.08, 03:33 PM
I bought Napoleon Dynamite because I had heard it was funny. Same thing. I don't think I laughed one time. I ended up giving it to my niece.

I don't really remember much about What Lies Beneath, but I'm with you on Michelle Pfeiffer. That is one fine woman.

Her sister Dedee's hotter.....and has done Playboy......and (in keeping with the topic) has done mostly suckworthy films.

Yahoo Images (safe search off), gentlemen. Investigate - and be rewarded. :thumb:

http://images.absolutenow.com/rp/PfeifferDedee355037402.jpg

Viking
07.12.08, 03:43 PM
Her sister Dedee's hotter.....and has done Playboy......and (in keeping with the topic) has done mostly suckworthy films.

Yahoo Images (safe search off), gentlemen. Investigate - and be rewarded. :thumb:

http://images.absolutenow.com/rp/PfeifferDedee355037402.jpg

That is some of the best information I have received in quite some time! If I could, I would buy you a cold one or six or twelve. :thumb:

The J Man
07.12.08, 07:28 PM
Wolf Creek - We rented this expecting it to deliver and it was a chore to stay awake and watch it; some stupid fucking girls running around the outback of Australia, no cool torture scenes, only running and hiding. Fuck that.

Red Dawn - We watched this at the end of an AP European History course in 11th grade just as pure entertainment--showing how ridiculous the fear of nuclear war was.

Anaconda - All-star cast, all-shit film, especially when Jon Voight winks.

The Master of Disguise - Only movie I ever walked out on.

Nostalgia Act
07.12.08, 07:41 PM

Paw. WTF are you talking about dude? Napoleon Dynamite was...well...Dy-no-mite!!

When Napoleon talked to people his eyes were always closed. Did ya catch that? Obviously not, or you would have been ROFL.

I think you were trying to hard brother.

Free you're mind, get loosey goosey, and watch it again.

:thumb:

Van Squalen
07.12.08, 08:31 PM
I can't believe all the Red Dawn dissin' in this thread.

Red Dawn rules.

Wolverines!

mistere
07.13.08, 01:40 AM
Anaconda - All-star cast, all-shit film, especially when Jon Voight winks.

And how 'bout his ludicrous spanish accent? Eric Stolz did the wise thing and slipped into a coma first thing. But then maybe this one goes in the 'unintentionally hilarious' category and can thereby be enjoyed ironically.

Greenpaw
07.13.08, 05:08 AM
Paw. WTF are you talking about dude? Napoleon Dynamite was...well...Dy-no-mite!!

When Napoleon talked to people his eyes were always closed. Did ya catch that? Obviously not, or you would have been ROFL.

I think you were trying to hard brother.

Free you're mind, get loosey goosey, and watch it again.

:thumb:

No way dude. That is 90 minutes of time I will never see again. I will not make that same mistake twice, not on that.

I'd rather watch "Stop or my Mom will Shoot", at least that was sooooo bad I laughed a few times. :) Just Teaming Stallone with Estelle Getty alone is funny LOL

Menlow
07.13.08, 05:39 AM
No way dude. That is 90 minutes of time I will never see again. I will not make that same mistake twice, not on that.

I'd rather watch "Stop or my Mom will Shoot", at least that was sooooo bad I laughed a few times. :) Just Teaming Stallone with Estelle Getty alone is funny LOL

I don't get the Napoleon Dynamite love either.

I barely laughed during that one.

Viking
07.13.08, 07:15 AM
I don't get the Napoleon Dynamite love either.

I barely laughed during that one.

I always thought that when my Niece did her Napoleon Dynamite impression, she was funnier than the movie.

Summer of 2002, she stayed with my sister and her husband in Iowa, and watched "The Holy Grail" over and over. She had the Black Knight scene down to a T! She had the whole thing memorized and would jump back and forth doing both parts. It was hilarious watching a 10 year old doing that scene like that.

"Have at you!" :D It would just kill me when she got to that part!

The J Man
07.13.08, 07:46 AM

Red Dawn rules.

Wolverines!

It does in an awesomely-bad type of way. I enjoy the movie but it absolutely sucks.

Love the beginning though, classic.

Viking
07.13.08, 07:56 AM

Red Dawn rules.

Wolverines!

I like that one as well. I always thought Lea Thompson was hot in a grubby sort of way in that movie.

nicholas_kudochop
07.13.08, 10:01 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and NOT leave a comment about the folks who don't find Napoleon Dynamite funny... :)

Van Squalen
07.13.08, 10:34 AM
I like that one as well. I always thought Lea Thompson was hot in a grubby sort of way in that movie.

Two words about Red Dawn:

Powers Boothe.

'Nuff said.

eden
07.13.08, 10:49 AM
Two words about Red Dawn:

Powers Boothe.

'Nuff said.

Powers Boothe? There's a name from the past. Never saw Red Dawn, but I remember Boothe as Jim Jones, in a TV movie many years ago. His co-star was that actress with the freaky, ghostly pale blue eyes. If memory serves me right, she also played Hester Prinn.....another TV movie which I think I saw at school as part of a Social Studies lesson.

Van Squalen
07.13.08, 11:21 AM
Yeah, the flick was called Guyana Tragedy.

Powers Boothe is a bad ass mofo onscreen.

Curly Bill in Tombstone.
Sheriff Potter in U-Turn.
VP Daniels in 24.

Think a PB conversation happened just a short time back, LOL.

Seriously, if anyone wants to see a twisted Oliver Stone flick, more twisted than the satirical take on sensational lust for violence in Natural Born Killlers....

...rent U Turn. LOL.

Dark wacko juju in that one. Sean Penn, Joaquin Phoenix, Powers Boothe, Nick Nolte, Jennifer Lopez, Billy Bob Thornton, Claire Danes, Jon Voight.

Genius, but not for the faint hearted.

VanHalenRules
07.13.08, 11:33 AM

Red Dawn rules.

Wolverines!

Plenty of 80's cheese in this one, but definitely a flick I would sit down and watch!:thumb:

Yes, she was exactly that!:devil:

SNIC
07.13.08, 11:52 AM
Deep Throat comes to mind.

A lot of sucking going on in that movie.

:headbang:

eden
07.13.08, 11:58 AM

Think a PB conversation happened just a short time back, LOL.

Really? oops, my bad.

Seriously, if anyone wants to see a twisted Oliver Stone flick, more twisted than the satirical take on sensational lust for violence in Natural Born Killlers....

...rent U Turn. LOL.

Dark wacko juju in that one. Sean Penn, Joaquin Phoenix, Powers Boothe, Nick Nolte, Jennifer Lopez, Billy Bob Thornton, Claire Danes, Jon Voight.

Good God, that's quite a cast! Never heard of the flick - have to check it out. Although Natural Born Killers I shall never watch again. I think I winced my way through it the entire time.

Menlow
07.13.08, 12:03 PM

Southern Comfort :thumb:

fast98dodge
07.13.08, 12:21 PM
Neverending Story
Postcards from the Edge

I haven't puked (non alcohol related) since high school and those two titles make me queezy just thinkin' about them...

Van Squalen
07.13.08, 12:25 PM
Southern Comfort :thumb:

Nice. :thumb:

Van Squalen
07.13.08, 12:25 PM
Good God, that's quite a cast! Never heard of the flick - have to check it out.

Don't say I didn't warn you. This is not a flick for the kids.