Vince G.
03.16.07, 10:23 AM
This is the 3/14 setlist from the Red Rocker Cruise:

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Immigrant Song (great vocals by Mickey on this one)
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Precious + Grace (this is what the setlist paper says, i dont know this one)
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love (another awsome song)
Goin' Down
Bad Motor Scooter (Aaron Hagar on vocals)

Apparently, Mike handled vocals for every song but "Bad Motor Scooter". And, according to the person who posted this at the SHML:

'He was wearing a Britney Spears tshirt and he said "I'm wearing this t-shirt because this week I'm supporting people in Rehab".'

Band consisted of Mike on bass, Vic on gutar, and David Lauser on drums.

AT
03.16.07, 11:11 AM

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Goin' Down

Apparently, Mike handled vocals for every song but "Bad Motor Scooter". And, according to the person who posted this at the SHML:

'He was wearing a Britney Spears tshirt and he said "I'm wearing this t-shirt because this week I'm supporting people in Rehab".'

Mike had said they were working up some old VH tunes, and he still wants to play them (in whatever capacity he can).

ZORBA5150
03.16.07, 11:17 AM
yeah, too bad Sammy didn't want to sing any additional old ones in 2004

Van Squalen
03.16.07, 11:22 AM
yeah, too bad Sammy didn't want to sing any additional old ones in 2004

:rolleyes: Focus, half-wit. Sammy wasn't even there on the cruise.

In addressing your usual biased and ill-informed views...if you don't like the regularity of repetitive standard VH setlists, there's generally one guy you can blame for that. Hint: It ain't Dave or Sam.

Van Squalen
03.16.07, 11:23 AM

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Goin' Down

Kewl, Mikey pulling out Atomic Punk, Little Dreamer, Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers, and Immigrant Song. Way kewl.

ZORBA5150
03.16.07, 11:43 AM
:rolleyes: Focus, half-wit. Sammy wasn't even there on the cruise.

In addressing your usual biased and ill-informed views...if you don't like the regularity of repetitive standard VH setlists, there's generally one guy you can blame for that. Hint: It ain't Dave or Sam.

So it was Eddie who said the band would not deviate from yrgm, unchained, atbl, sbgmad, panama, and jump in 2004? I guess you were there when he decided this. schmuck

F'nRockstar
03.16.07, 12:31 PM
Actually, it has been said in many interviews that Ed made the set list and didn't want to deviate from it the entire tour.
:smokin:

Nostalgia Act
03.16.07, 12:37 PM

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Goin' Down

We need some audio boots of this shit! Damn! Mikey doing Jesus just left chicago? Damn!!

oldno.7
03.16.07, 03:37 PM

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Goin' Down

Man I would love to have seen that. Great setlist! Somebody post the video and pics!

Van Squalen
03.16.07, 03:51 PM
So it was Eddie who said the band would not deviate from yrgm, unchained, atbl, sbgmad, panama, and jump in 2004? I guess you were there when he decided this. schmuck

If you haven't figured out by now that set deviation and impromptu jams are not among Ed and Dave's strengths (conversely, Sam and Mike seem to handle it a bit better), then you ought to get yourself up to speed.

If your point simply was that Sam didn't play enough Dave era stuff to satisfy the core fanbase, well, golly gee whillikers, thanks for the newsflash. Still, there was plenty of Van Hagar era gems to pull from, and to answer your question, yep, it was Ed who decided the '04 setlist, and it was Ed who didn't want to mix it up night to night. He never has enjoyed doing that, barring some early Dave era gigs when it was just him and Alex onstage, like on the Diver tour, doing a little brown sound brotherly medley here and there ala Girl Gone Bad or Growth or whathaveyou. Sam plays more obscure Van Hagar tuneage when he's solo than when he's with Van Halen. Dave can't even throw together an on-the-fly rendition of Jump when necessary. What does that tell you?

You're not very good at reading patterns. Stop assuming shit and just look at the evidence. It's really not that difficult coming to the conclusion that two plus two does in fact add up to four.

DannoVH
03.16.07, 04:00 PM
yikes

someone needs to go on a cruise.....

Nostalgia Act
03.16.07, 04:05 PM

Chickenwing??!!

muffdiver
03.16.07, 04:07 PM
If I go on one, should I bring my fishing rod..?I hear there's a lotta jiggin' goin' on...

padraig5150
03.16.07, 04:21 PM

Atomic Punk
Beer Drinkers
Little Dreamer
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Left Chicago
Runnin' With The Devil
All Right Now
Move On Down
Goin' Down

Please, someone tell me that an audio boot of this exists!

darthadv
03.16.07, 09:53 PM

i'm surprised no one is calling out mike on this one as actually NOT being classy, the word d'jour to describe him and sammy of late... granted, it's just a joke, but probably one in bad taste, especially if you're putting up one face in the mainstream in public (HOF and everywhere else)...

don't get me wrong, i'm as big a mike fan as the next guy, just not understanding this, that's all...

AT
03.16.07, 10:31 PM
If you haven't figured out by now that set deviation and impromptu jams are not among Ed and Dave's strengths (conversely, Sam and Mike seem to handle it a bit better), then you ought to get yourself up to speed.

If your point simply was that Sam didn't play enough Dave era stuff to satisfy the core fanbase, well, golly gee whillikers, thanks for the newsflash. Still, there was plenty of Van Hagar era gems to pull from, and to answer your question, yep, it was Ed who decided the '04 setlist, and it was Ed who didn't want to mix it up night to night. He never has enjoyed doing that, barring some early Dave era gigs when it was just him and Alex onstage, like on the Diver tour, doing a little brown sound brotherly medley here and there ala Girl Gone Bad or Growth or whathaveyou. Sam plays more obscure Van Hagar tuneage when he's solo than when he's with Van Halen. Dave can't even throw together an on-the-fly rendition of Jump when necessary. What does that tell you?

You're not very good at reading patterns. Stop assuming shit and just look at the evidence. It's really not that difficult coming to the conclusion that two plus two does in fact add up to four.

And even if Sam had sung more old VH in '04 the Rothtards would all be bitching about how much he sucked at it.

RAGEN_40
03.16.07, 11:11 PM
What is more amazing about this setlist and the setlists from other Cabo shows is the fact that not once did anyone witness the"I forgot the words" routine!

Brett
03.16.07, 11:32 PM
And even if Sam had sung more old VH in '04 the Rothtards would all be bitching about how much he sucked at it.

That's pretty much all they do on every board...bitch, moan, and insult.

Greenpaw
03.17.07, 04:20 AM

Yup. Sam is (and always was) in a no win situation regarding the roth era. Half the people bitch that he doesn't do enough, the other half bitches because he DID play them. :rolleyes:

I suppose Ed is blameless as usual when it comes to what songs are played or not played at a Van Halen concert. I keep reading how VH is ED'S band, yet Sam's the devil who made the setlist :rolleyes:

The proof is right before your eyes....and ears. Sam rarely if ever plays the same setlist twice, Ed and co. stick to the script. Doesn't seem hard to comprehend.

darthadv
03.17.07, 10:21 AM
What is more amazing about this setlist and the setlists from other Cabo shows is the fact that not once did anyone witness the"I forgot the words" routine!

what? you mean that's staged? :wtf:

RAGEN_40
03.17.07, 11:47 AM
what? you mean that's staged? :wtf:

One could assume that.

darthadv
03.17.07, 01:44 PM
One could assume that.

what? are you trying to tell me that dave isn't sincere? i thought he always just forgot the words... :wtf:

next you're going to tell me that he's just filling in time when he talks between songs! :wtf: