PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO'S of Eddie & Alex Van Halen with Kenny Chesney live!!!!!

AJHV
06.20.06, 03:42 PM
ENJOY:

The first one "Jump"
The VH Bros - Jump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZzDAxyjbY

The second one "You Really Got Me"
The VH Bros - You Really Got Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j62xY5YCV_g

BTW sammy has a special Announcement next month hmmmm. Get ready!

VHFRK5150
06.20.06, 04:42 PM
Holy poop.

StonewallVH5150
06.20.06, 04:46 PM
its hard to hear a lot of what he's playin.. Im sure some people will have a "he's drunk" comment on here.. I dont know.. he may just be in the moment.. seems to be havin fun.

I dont know anymore lol... Just hope for the best... Then again I do think he use's that sustainer too much...oh well... Im thinkin just caught in the moment of owning the stage (im a hopeful thinker.) :)

-=VH=-

KT
06.20.06, 04:52 PM
HOW FREAKIN' INCREDIBLE WAS THAT!?! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
It looked like Eddie was having a complete ball out there and what a dream come true for Kenny (I loved it when he kissed Eddie on the top of his head after his solo in "Jump"...talk about admiration).

Thanks so much for sharing. That really made my day! :thumb:

SactoFan
06.20.06, 05:04 PM
That was cool...Good to see the guys out and enjoying themselves...

LLFHS
06.20.06, 05:14 PM
Was hoping to see "Happy" Ed again soon. :thumb:

And I'd like to add that even with the piss-poor sound quality, this version still sounded better than that bluegrass shit-sandwich I saw on The Tonight Show. :eek:

I'm_your_IceCreamMan
06.20.06, 05:17 PM
And I'd like to add that even with the piss-poor sound quality, this version still sounded better than that bluegrass shit-sandwich I saw on The Tonight Show. :eek:

Amen to that one!:thumb:

SuckaInA3Piece
06.20.06, 05:30 PM
That man's tone is still fuckin sick. That was great.

Model Citizen
06.20.06, 06:06 PM
That man's tone is still fuckin sick. That was great.

What's up bro? You boycotting G101? Miss you over there.. :thumb:

scs5150
06.20.06, 06:08 PM
Why the F&#K aren't they doin' that with Sam and Mike??!! WTF

Lightning Fingers
06.20.06, 06:23 PM
That was great! Good to see EVH and AVH having fun again... just get VH going again... STAT!

79th and Sunset
06.20.06, 06:43 PM
Totally agree that its so great to see Ed having so much fun playing some JUMP and YRGM. Good Stuff !! :thumb:

Thanks for sharing !!

sab31
06.20.06, 07:18 PM
Kenny Chesney brings the rock in Carson
George A. Paul, Staff Writer

Fifteen minutes into the show on Saturday night, Kenny Chesney sang "Big Star," an infectious ditty about show biz dreams coming true. The Knoxville, Tenn., native could easily draw parallels to his own career.

Photo Gallery: 06/18: Kenny Chesney concert

CONCERT REVIEW: KENNY CHESNEY
With: Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood
Where: Home Depot Center at Cal State Dominguez Hills, Carson
When: Saturday night

One of the most successful stars in contemporary country music, Chesney has reigned supreme on the charts for a decade. His albums tend to enter in the pole position and quickly go platinum.

The lanky, well-tanned vocalist defines laid-back attitude and espouses the virtues of relaxing on a beach in Mexico or the Caribbean. A top-grossing concert attraction over the past few years in America, Chesney released two studio albums in 2005.

When it comes to gigs, Chesney likes to rock things up. That was the case at a packed (but not entirely sold out) Home Depot Center, where his lead guitarist let loose on one blazing solo after another. A surprise guest appearance by the Van Halen brothers added sizzle to an already rousing performance.

He emerged from an elevated platform behind the soundboard and opened the nearly two-hour set with -- appropriately enough -- "Summertime," the No. 1 song in country radio. The setlist was geared around Chesney's "The Road and the Radio," "When the Sun Goes Down" and "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems" CDs, along with a few older numbers.

The seven-piece backing band often battled with stadium sound syndrome. You could really only hear Chesney's vocals and guitars in the mix. During the uptempo "Beer in Mexico," with its slick, synthesized horns, Chesney shook hands with fans. The singer worked up quite a sweat by the time "Keg in the Closet" rolled around.

Half a dozen songs passed before Chesney unveiled his first ballad, the piano/pedal steel-laden hit "There Goes My Life." He sang it with conviction. An autobiographical "Living in Fast Forward" was a joyous romp. The driving pace continued as Chesney, still happy as a clam, sang about the good old days on a rootsy, John Mellencamp-styled "Young."

Armed with only an acoustic guitar, Chesney did a moving take on Dave Loggins' 1974 hit "Please Come to Boston" Old pal Uncle Kracker arrived and upped the fun quotient on "When the Sun Goes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down" (steel drums were lost in the din), but overstayed his welcome on two more numbers (his own "Follow Me" and Kid Rock's "Cowboy").

Suddenly, guitarist Eddie Van Halen -- looking deranged in tattered jeans, unkempt hair and with his mouth agape -- and drummer Alex Van Halen appeared to play their band's classic "Jump." The synthesizer was inaudible, yet Eddie's legendary guitar sound was crystal clear. The crowd went nuts. On The Kinks' "You Really Got Me," Eddie did his licks like a man possessed.

Come encore time, Chesney turned in an emotional delivery on the poignant "Who You'd Be Today" to subtle accompaniment. Images of John Lennon, Bob Marley, Hank Williams and other deceased celebs flashed on the video screens. At the end, Chesney closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The tune obviously still gets to him after months of performing it. Finally, Bentley joined in on the playful "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

Chesney wasn't the only act on the bill with albums and top 10 singles riding high on the country charts this week. Dierks Bentley immediately got the crowd pumped up when he stood on monitors and clapped along to the banjo-led "Lot of Leavin' Left to Do." And the affable singer/guitarist had 'em boot scootin' in the aisles for the raucous "Cab of My Truck."

Bentley dedicated the low-key "My Last Name" to his WWII vet father and even did a snatch of Buck Owens' "Tiger by the Tail." Other highlights of his enjoyable 45-minute set included romantic slow burners "Settle for a Slowdown" and "Come a Little Closer."

Carrie Underwood went on earlier than expected, so I missed part of her half-hour set. What I did catch from the former "American Idol" champ was impressive, notably the fiddle-drenched "Don't Forget to Remember Me," passionate tearjerker "Jesus Take the Wheel," the pop/rock-leaning "Wasted" -- where Underwood belted out the lyrics with gusto and worked the stage like a pro -- and the propulsive, Diane Warren-penned "Some Hearts," which saw the singer nail the sustained notes with ease.

Pacfanweb
06.20.06, 07:25 PM
Can't help but smile while watching that.

I do mostly blame Eddie for the lack of any new VH stuff, but damn I love to see him play.

Foamfoot
06.20.06, 07:36 PM
On a side note... How cool is the internet?!?!?

Stuff like this used to take months to appear on bootlegs in stores. It's a mad, mad world, ain't it?....

Thai Boxer 9901
06.20.06, 07:47 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Kenny is 99.99999% sure to have the #4 Position? That is still fuckin cool to see Eddie and Alex jamming and I dont think Ed was drunk, he was just havin fun

RKVH5150
06.20.06, 08:08 PM
That was awesome.

Great to see Eddie out there playing and looking to have a blast. Hope to see him out again soon.

Fuck the bluegrass and country shit, that was rock.

diamondsgirl
06.20.06, 08:23 PM
So Edwards come out to play???!!!

Thanks Dave!! Way to get him off his ass.

:D

Now they just need to get it TOGETHER. :cool:

DeanO
06.20.06, 08:40 PM
Is Ed back playin the Wolfie?

bkaraujo
06.20.06, 08:45 PM

That's what I was wondering

VanHalenFan
06.20.06, 09:12 PM
Van Halen is:

Kenny Chesney-Lead Vocals
Billy Sheehan-Bass
Alex Van Halen-Drums
Eddie Van Halen-Guitar, Keyboards

Don't forget to get the new Van Halen album-Honky Tonk Rock! September 25th on Koch Records!!

:)

Raldo
06.21.06, 03:48 AM
Thank you for posting this!!!!!

It is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kowski
06.21.06, 04:00 AM
Yeah, for now. He has worked on a new Wolfgang with a different company (likely Fender), but he's probably not ready to unveil it yet.

Double Down
06.21.06, 04:23 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting that! And here I thought Ed was spending all of his time sitting in his rocking chair watching tv every day. Nice to see he's out in public and still playing his gee-tar. :thumb:

graeme
06.21.06, 04:34 AM
Very, very cool.

acs
06.21.06, 04:44 AM
It's still hard to tell if his playing is back or way sloppy.

But . . . at this point who gives a shit. First things first, let's just be happy he is alive and playing anything. Now, the next step . . .

acs

loveevhsince79
06.21.06, 04:56 AM

It's almost too much to hope for but gets me pumped just the same. I know a lot of people are wondering about Edward's tone or playing but there is so much more to enjoying him than perfection in playing. LOOK AT HIM! Seeing him have a great time is infectious and what VH has always been about, a good time. :thumb:

ron
06.21.06, 05:02 AM
I'm guessing that it has something to do with Team Ford:
http://www.teamfordlv.com/Movie.mp4

James in New York
06.21.06, 05:29 AM
It was so nice to see that.

Awesome!!!

Foamfoot
06.21.06, 06:28 AM

Yes.. it looks like he played that modified Cherry Wolfgang he used in 2004.

RKVH5150
06.21.06, 06:45 AM
Somtimes you watch something and it just makes you smile...that was one of those times.

chrisjscott
06.21.06, 07:11 AM
... That Eddie's playing a Peavey Wolfgang and not a Charvel Art series?

(edit: had I read the other comments in here before posting then the answer would be "yes! We've all noticed, moron!")

ED-A-HOLIC
06.21.06, 10:11 AM
It was AWSOME to see EDDIE having such a great time, and Kenny being such a big fan, you can just see him admiring Eddie, he couldn't believe that they were jamming together.

Thanks for sharing EDDIE ROCKS!!

map57
06.21.06, 11:42 AM
... That Eddie's playing a Peavey Wolfgang and not a Charvel Art series?

(edit: had I read the other comments in here before posting then the answer would be "yes! We've all noticed, moron!")

I was noticing that same thing myself. Even on the 2004 tour, he played the Wolfgang most of the time. Makes me think he still likes those guitars, just trying to sell the other. JMO.

VHfanOU812
06.21.06, 07:07 PM
What you don't see in that video....which I have seen in others, it that he throws the guitar down after the last tune.....I still hate to see him do that to a perfectly good custom Wolf. :D

BREW CREW
06.21.06, 07:10 PM
That man's tone is still fuckin sick. That was great.Yup!! Good to see him moving around as he did in 04 too. The man can still play whatever he wants....which is a positive thing at his age.

Jeffc12
06.21.06, 07:16 PM
Very Cool. He sounded pretty good actually. Non of the 04 Train Wrecks.

Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love
06.21.06, 07:47 PM
Very cool. It's almost relieving to see that.

Kilroy
06.21.06, 09:29 PM
That was awesome. So good to see him having fun, with his tattered jeans and converse sneakers, it was like old times. So what if he was drunk or wild? I prefer my rock stars that way!

JK

Thai Boxer 9901
06.21.06, 10:10 PM

Yep, the only one that hasnt been destroyed....

YankeeRose
06.21.06, 10:19 PM
Ed and Al sound great! It is great to see them playing again.:)

kevohman
06.21.06, 11:33 PM
Actually great to see....that Ed is still willing to pick up a guitar and play...
Wish he would go back to his remote rig and ditch that jumprope of a guitar cord.....that thing is so long...it has to be causing a lot of hum and resistance...
But still great to see

Ashe
06.21.06, 11:40 PM
His recent tone is simply badass. Including the VHIII and 2004 Tours. I wish he would put that raw live sound on a studio record.

TOM_5150
06.22.06, 08:07 PM
Never, ever dispute Eddie's crown!

stilleddiesangel
06.23.06, 12:33 PM
Ooooooooh God!! A true joy!!

I fecking love that man!!!!! He's my babe!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-001.gif

fast98dodge
06.23.06, 01:15 PM
Killer videos...

Thanks for making my day and putting a big smile on my face!!!

tease
06.23.06, 02:22 PM
Actually great to see....that Ed is still willing to pick up a guitar and play...
Wish he would go back to his remote rig and ditch that jumprope of a guitar cord.....that thing is so long...it has to be causing a lot of hum and resistance...
But still great to see

Don't want to sound like a smart ass, but exactly the opposite is true.
Playing through a chord reduces the hum and resistance, that's why Ed changed from a wireless to a chord in '98. It's the way of least posible side noises and sound coloring.
Nobody would ever play a wireless system in the studio because of this reason.

Like I said, no biggie, just wanted to let you know.
Is it handy playing a chord live? Well that's another question.... ;)

gradyvanhyman
06.23.06, 08:47 PM
:) Thanks for Vids

YankeeRose
07.07.06, 01:21 PM
A good topic for the You Tube forum.:)

chas
07.18.06, 04:31 PM
Ed looks like he was having a blast! Hope Alex and Ed keep it going!

belikemike
07.19.06, 01:08 AM
Van Halen is:

Kenny Chesney-Lead Vocals
Billy Sheehan-Bass
Alex Van Halen-Drums
Eddie Van Halen-Guitar, Keyboards

Don't forget to get the new Van Halen album-Honky Tonk Rock! September 25th on Koch Records!!

This is probably as realistic as Dave or Sam and Mikey back with them anytime soon, sad to say.
On the most important point, even though the audio wasn't good -- just great to see him back out and playing. And HAVING A FUCKING BALL doing it. This is a maybe, just maybe, we can hope and pray he's ready to get everything together in time to hear something in 07!!!