View Full Version : Chicago June 1 PRE-SHOW PARTY

Lead Synth
05.03.02, 07:22 AM
...Is most likely going to be at:

Blue Iguana
17265 S. Oak Park Ave.
Tinley Park, IL
708-429-1000

This place looks like it's just north of Tweeter Center, just north of I-80.

See you there! :D

hain23x
05.03.02, 07:33 AM
graemlins/thumb.gif graemlins/drunk.gif graemlins/devil.gif

hain23x
05.03.02, 07:35 AM
what kind of place is it?

a bar?

a restaraunt?

does it have pool tables ?

a jukebox with Van Halen???

details por favor!

hain23x
05.03.02, 07:36 AM
please ignore all typos graemlins/thumb.gif

LA
05.03.02, 07:40 AM
Really excited about that party, huh Hain! ;)

hain23x
05.03.02, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by LA:
Really excited about that party, huh Hain! ;) I gotta make sure that the place I'm gonna be throwin' down in is HAIN and not a tea party! ;) graemlins/drunk.gif

uncle ted
05.03.02, 10:13 AM
as i told you before...

i'm inviting myself to the pre-show party graemlins/bounce.gif

Lead Synth... i sent you an email (on your vhvault account) last week, did you get it?

f

Lead Synth
05.03.02, 11:18 AM
I didn't get that one, or else I must have missed it. Please try m-kuper@northwestern.edu .

Lead Synth
05.03.02, 11:20 AM
As far as "inviting yourself," EVERYONE is invited. It's not like we're privately booking the place. As far as the place itself, I don't know what it's like. Ron Higgins is the one who suggested it.

Once again, See you there! :D

Unchained Wolfie
05.03.02, 08:19 PM
That's where the Loop was a couple of months ago! They had raffles and shit goin' on there, but I didn't win! I never win! Ah well I got some stickers and a key chain. this was right before the last Sammy show btw.

uncle ted
05.04.02, 07:53 AM
ok,

i know Maya... i don't need to invite myself :D but i just want all of you to know that my brasilian stile will be walking on Chicago streets from 5-30-02 to 6-2-02; and i want to hang around with all of you... not only on the pre-show party!!!

and for those (all of you i guess) who never saw my mug... here are a couple of shots from me and my girl (no... she won't be with me in Chicago).

http://www.vhvault.com/~fabio/epcot01.jpg

http://www.vhvault.com/~fabio/epcot02.jpg

http://www.vhvault.com/~fabio/epcot03.jpg

hain23x
05.04.02, 07:58 AM
I checked the net to see if there was any information on that bar and I found a few things. It looks like it's a little club that has live rock and roll graemlins/thumb.gif

There probably will not be a band playing while we're there, but at the same time, they won't think we're a bunch of loony toons either!

Bostonian
05.04.02, 03:28 PM
Hmmm, Chicago....

I wasn't orginally planning to go, but seeing as EVERYONE is going to be there, I could put in a showing for all! So, what should I do? Wait and see if DLR and Sammy come to the East Coast? Or shell out some cash and go out to Chi-town?

-Bostonian

Lead Synth
05.06.02, 06:39 AM
Hey Bostonian!! If you decide you want to shell out for Chicago, I have a couple of extra seats that I wouldn't mind getting rid of at face value for a fellow linker. I have 2, so you could bring a friend... please write m-kuper@northwestern.edu and let me know.

They're in row WW, which isn't great, but probably better than anything you could find on Ticketmaster now.

Bostonian
05.06.02, 07:52 AM
Well, I got my airline ticket and I am chicago-bound! Maya, I sent you an email, and stuff so I am psyched! Party at my hotel room!

-Bostonian

Lead Synth
05.07.02, 12:48 PM
Some more info on the place, forwarded from one of the dozens of VH lists I'm on:

Subject: Chicago Preshow Party

Randy suggested a bar in Tinley Park called The Blue Iguana. I
called there and they open up at 3pm on Saturday, there's no cover
charge, they serve CWT and have some Cabo shirts to raffle off. They
can accomodate 80+ people. I don't know how many we'll have. I
asked if they could accomodate between 30 and 80. He said that's not
a problem at all. This bar is 2.8 miles from the theatre (according
to Yahoo).

It has also been suggested that we go to Hooters in Orland Park. I
called Hooters and they told me that they can accomodate 35 people,
all of the charges on one bill and please add 20% gratuity. They
serve wine and beer and, according to Yahoo, they are 10.8 miles from
the theatre.

Please let me know what you think. If we need wheelchair
accessability, please let me know. I didn't inquire about that.
Also, if you're going to the party, please send me a private email,
so that we can get an estimate. Thanks!

Linda
I'll be emailing her and telling her that I'm planning on going along with some of you all.

hain23x
05.07.02, 01:46 PM
nothing against Hooters, but I don't go there when I'm in the company of ladies! That's like a bunch of girls taking me to a male review graemlins/wtf.gif

I say Blue Iguana graemlins/thumb.gif

Bostonian
05.07.02, 04:45 PM
I second that thought Hain! The Blue Iguana sounds fine with me too! Plus it should be close to where I am staying out there too so I can stager back to my hotel if need be! graemlins/thumb.gif

Pabs
05.07.02, 07:35 PM
What time are people meeting there?

Bostonian
05.09.02, 05:54 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am getting psyched to see all my fellow chicago linkers! Even though I am a Bostonian, lets show the other guys here that we're gonna have the best turnout for linkers on the tour!

-Bostonian

hain23x
05.09.02, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pabs:
What time are people meeting there?the place opens at 3 so I would say 3:05 graemlins/thumb.gif

Bostonian
05.09.02, 06:12 PM
Hain,

I'll be there at 2:30 helping them open! Hehe graemlins/devil.gif graemlins/thumb.gif

hain23x
05.09.02, 06:18 PM
they better have a jukebox with =VH= graemlins/thumb.gif

uncle ted
05.10.02, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Bostonian:
I don't know about you guys, but I am getting psyched to see all my fellow chicago linkers! Bostonian,

have you already booked hotel room? i'm looking for one, maybe we could be close by and share taxi/transportation expenses???

let me know...

f

Lead Synth
05.11.02, 04:27 AM
Since I don't have a car, I will show up when whoever's driving wants to show up! But I'll definitely be there.

LA
05.11.02, 05:13 AM
Man, I wish I could be there..! graemlins/cry.gif Take lots of pictures you guys.
graemlins/thumb.gif

Bostonian
05.11.02, 12:48 PM
Maya,

I will be renting a car, so that is not a problem. Just get me directions to where you, and we're all set.

-Bostonian

Lead Synth
05.13.02, 07:14 PM
Personally, I think we should have a pre-pre-party at Hain's place. (If it's okay with his girlfriend.)

By the way, my sister says she doesn't want to come, so I have one extra ticket for this show to get rid of, actually. Anyone?

hain23x
05.14.02, 05:21 AM
party at my place???

I offered already!

It doesn't matter to me--here or Blue Iguana

I just wanna get the party started!

Blatent Disreguard
05.14.02, 05:35 AM
You bet your ass I'll be there, maybe not right at 3 but 4/5ish with 5 in tow...

This is gonna be a blast!
B.D.

hain23x
05.14.02, 05:46 AM
not that I'd mind having the party at my place, but if ALOT of people are coming it might be better to just go to the Blue Iguana

youbsittinpretty
05.14.02, 09:04 AM
i plan on getting really wasted at this show and having the time of my life. screw the rolling stones. the only REAL concert in Chicago this summer is SAM & DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Redhalen
05.14.02, 11:51 AM
Hey I'm new to the board and from the Chicago area, does anyone know what good seats will cost through a broker for the Chicago show?

Lead Synth
05.14.02, 03:22 PM
Redhalen,

Check the Ticket Trader board at www.wlup.com (http://www.wlup.com) .

strungout
05.14.02, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Bostonian:
Maya,

I will be renting a car, so that is not a problem. Just get me directions to where you, and we're all set.

-BostonianYou're not driving from Boston are you?! graemlins/scared.gif

I'm going to the Cleveland show from Albany, which is a 6 hour drive, and that's real far for me. I was thinking about the Chicago show, but I don't know if it would be worth the flight. Well it would be another 6 hours from Cleveland, right :D

Hey Maya, where are your seats?? :D

uncle ted
05.14.02, 04:12 PM
kooooool!!!

just got my air tickets!!!

"Chicago, Are you ready to rock'n'roll???" graemlins/bounce.gif

wait and see my mug... i'll be in chi-town pretty soon graemlins/thumb.gif

uncle ted
05.14.02, 04:13 PM
kooooool!!!

just got my air tickets!!!

"Chicago, Are you ready to rock'n'roll???" graemlins/bounce.gif

wait and see my mug... i'll be in chi-town pretty soon graemlins/thumb.gif

Bostonian
05.14.02, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by strungout:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bostonian:
Maya,

-BostonianYou're not driving from Boston are you?! graemlins/scared.gif

I'm going to the Cleveland show from Albany, which is a 6 hour drive, and that's real far for me. I was thinking about the Chicago show, but I don't know if it would be worth the flight. Well it would be another 6 hours from Cleveland, right :D

Hey Maya, where are your seats?? :D </font>[/QUOTE]Strungout,

Nope not driving from boston, damn I wouldn't make it to the show in time! :D I am flying in O'Hare, staying at the Hilton there (Damn I love traveling), renting a car at Chicago to drive to Tinley Park to party with my good friends Lead Synth, Hain, and anyone else who is jumping on this crazy bandwagon! graemlins/thumb.gif

I arive in Chicago on Friday the 31st at 6:30 in the evening. So if people are up to hanging out in the city that night (after I check in) let me know. Hain, we can always go for another showing of Star Wars if you want!

-Bostonian

Redhalen
05.15.02, 06:09 AM
Thanks Synth, There are a quite a few tickets listed there.

LA
05.15.02, 12:35 PM
Are there good seats available still? I've got a couple of friends flying in from the east coast too, and they were asking about them.

Lead Synth, gimme a call if you still have those extra seats, cuz I've got a buyer for them!

Lead Synth
05.15.02, 07:19 PM
LA, I got your message, but I have exactly ONE ticket left. And if my sister doesn't want it, she's an idiot! :D

Lead Synth
05.15.02, 07:21 PM
It's in row OO, by the way. Face value. Contact me at m-kuper@northwestern.edu .

uncle ted
05.23.02, 10:31 AM
can anyone tell me how's the weather in Chicago these days???

i'm starting to pack... i won't have time to do it next week :D

btw, LA and Hain... i'll email both of you later tonight...

f

Unchained Wolfie
05.23.02, 05:26 PM
It's in the 60's right about now.

LA
05.24.02, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by uncle ted:
can anyone tell me how's the weather in Chicago these days???

i'm starting to pack... i won't have time to do it next week :D

btw, LA and Hain... i'll email both of you later tonight...

fFor where you're coming from Ted, it's gonna feel mighty cold! Now watch... we'll get that heat wave, and the weather'll make a liar out of me! ;)

Dress for your winter, and you should be okay here. You might want to bring along a coat just in case we get one of those rainy cold snaps... but you know what? You're gonna be so graemlins/bounce.gif to be here, that the weather's not gonna matter much!! graemlins/thumb.gif :D

I sure do wish that I could party with you guys. Instead I'm sending my friend from Connecticut to hang out on June 1st... and then I'll scoop her up and take her with me to hook up with a bunch of friends in Indy, and see Dave and Sammy there. t

Ted, when are you gonna be flying in ??

Hey to convert out temp to yours, assuming your in C verses our F, 60 F = 15.5 C (roughly, based on a web-site I found graemlins/sssh.gif ) Hope that helps!

[ May 24, 2002, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: LA ]

uncle ted
05.24.02, 07:43 AM
hey LA,

thanks for the info man!!!

the conversion of temps is:

temp in C = ((Temp F -32)*5)/9 so we have:

((60 F - 32)*5)/9 = 15.55555 C

we are in the midle of fall here, and the temp is averaging 18 C (64 F)... i think i better take some warmers :D ... ok... i wont't need them, sammy and dave must keep me warm graemlins/bounce.gif

i'll be flying in... i'll arrive on the 30th morning... not sure which hotel i'll book... i'll decide it in a couple of hours.

does anyone know where can i find snowboard gear shops in chicago???

LA, do you need something from Brasil??? if anyone needs something... please let me know...

f

hain23x
05.24.02, 08:26 AM
the forecast for next weekend is partly cloudy highs in the 70s with a low in the 50s graemlins/thumb.gif

LA
05.24.02, 04:07 PM
hey LA,

thanks for the info man!!!Just so you know, and not that there was anyway FOR you to know, I's not a he, but a she! ;)

the conversion of temps is:
temp in C = ((Temp F -32)*5)/9 so we have:
((60 F - 32)*5)/9 = 15.55555 CI always wondered how the heck to do that! graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks!! :D

LA, do you need something from Brasil??? if anyone needs something... please let me know...
Aren't you a sweetheart! smile.gif Nothing that I can think of Ted! I think you're spending enough just for the show and the trip here. No need to spend any more then that! Looking forward to meeting you though!

Are you guys gonna all try and get together BEFORE FRIDAY? Like Thursday night? Ted, how long are you gonna be here in Chicago?

If you don't get to see Dave (as in CLUB DAVE) then there's something wrong! Bet there aren't many people who'll be there who can claim that they've travelled as far as you have for a show! graemlins/thumb.gif

Eddie=Eclair
05.24.02, 04:14 PM
Is anyone going to see the Cubs Friday afternoon? I wonder if we’ll hear any good sound bites between innings?

See ya at the Iguana!

uncle ted
05.25.02, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LA:
Just so you know, and not that there was anyway FOR you to know, I's not a he, but a she! ;)

Looking forward to meeting you though!

Are you guys gonna all try and get together BEFORE FRIDAY? Like Thursday night? Ted, how long are you gonna be here in Chicago?

If you don't get to see Dave (as in CLUB DAVE) then there's something wrong! Bet there aren't many people who'll be there who can claim that they've travelled as far as you have for a show! graemlins/thumb.gif LA,

first of all, i'm sorry i considered you a male... that's what happens when you've been away for a while like i did... i'm sorry ;)

i'll be in Chicago from the 30th to the 2nd, so i guess we could arrange a little get together before you leave town... maybe we could all arrange a meeting in a bar or something like that... you, me, hain, Lead Synth, Jerel... well, everybody... i'm looking forward to get to know all of you!!!

and the last thing... what is the "club dave" thing??? i supose it's like a backstage pass... how can i get myself one???

thanks for all your kindness...

f

uncle ted
05.26.02, 06:38 PM
LA, Bostonian,

i sent both of you PMs...

hain, Lead Synth,

i sent both of you emails...

please let me hear from you guys...

f

LA
05.27.02, 06:30 AM
Already done Ted! Looking forward to meeting you... just remember, I'm not gonna be at the Sam and Dave Show! I'll find you guys somehow though! Another day!!

LA
05.27.02, 06:44 AM
LA,

first of all, i'm sorry i considered you a male... that's what happens when you've been away for a while like i did... i'm sorry ;) Hey, no harm, no foul! It's hard to tell when you're posting on a message board, and my name certainly doesn't give you any hints! ;) When a new poster shows up, I usually assume that they're a guy... unless of course they have a user name like "Drummer GIRL" or "Law CHICK." There really aren't that many women who post on these boards.

i'll be in Chicago from the 30th to the 2nd, so i guess we could arrange a little get together before you leave town... maybe we could all arrange a meeting in a bar or something like that... you, me, hain, Lead Synth, Jerel... well, everybody... i'm looking forward to get to know all of you!!!Same here ted! We'll have to try for the 30th then smile.gif I hope that I get the chance to meet you! On June 2nd I'm heading for Indianapolis to see Dave play (the day after the wedding), and spending the night with a slew of friends who are gathering there.

and the last thing... what is the "club dave" thing??? i supose it's like a backstage pass... how can i get myself one???

thanks for all your kindness...

fClub Dave is a wild party! Yep backstage passes should get you back there... but how you can get one, I'm not sure. I have my ideas, but teddie, showing Dave your ( o Y o ) probably isn't gonna work!! Since I won't be at the show, I won't be able to be any help for you with that at all. I bet there's someone who's going to be there with you... who can pull some strings.

You should let SOMEONE know just how far you've traveled to see the Diamond One. That might work. Hain, Maya and the others will help you! graemlins/thumb.gif

Lead Synth
05.27.02, 04:21 PM
We can't waste time trying to get into Club Dave! We have to get out of there in a hurry if we're going to catch the Punks!

LA
05.28.02, 04:31 AM
Man, I forgot about that! That's definitely gonna be a full night! Can you ever get too much Van Halen? No matter what the era?? :D

Bostonian
05.28.02, 08:40 AM
Ted,

I didn't get your PM, although if you want, email me. My email is bbloomen@cs.com. Also when and where are punks playing? And just like that old mtv jingle... Too Much is Never Enough!

[ May 28, 2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Bostonian ]

Lead Synth
05.28.02, 11:49 AM
Punks are playing at Joe's on Weed Street (on the near north side) directly AFTER Sam and Dave. If they go on late, at midnight or so, we'll be able to catch them!

Pabs
05.28.02, 11:56 AM
So is Blue Iguana a final decision or not?

RayBan
05.29.02, 08:51 AM
looks like droppin off the kids at the babysitter will only give me and the lovely wife enough time to get to the tweeter center by about 6:30. So I'l be in the Van Halen is KICKING ASS IN CHICAGO shirt with some Eddie VH striped converse. I think I posted my seat somewhere else back in this thread so make sure ya yell HEY! If ya see me.
heres a pic from a little over a year ago
http://www.metalflakes.com/images/residents/rayban.jpg
what do you guys/gals look like??

uncle ted
05.29.02, 09:51 AM
hey Ray!!!

here's my mug... i'll be wearing the good old VH1 t-shirt... off to the airport now!!! see you guys on saturday!!!

http://www.vhvault.com/~fabio/epcot01.jpg

http://www.vhvault.com/~fabio/epcot02.jpg

Pabs
05.29.02, 01:37 PM
Blue Iguana? In or out?

Yes or no?

hain23x
05.29.02, 02:22 PM
yes

3pm

Pabs
05.29.02, 02:27 PM
Word. :D

Bostonian
05.29.02, 05:31 PM
count me in too! 3pm! Even though I have no idea where I am going! I will get directions or something smile.gif

Unchained Wolfie
05.29.02, 07:30 PM
Tinley Park, Oak Park AVe. It's pretty easy to find. Hooters would've been more fun though...

LA
05.30.02, 05:54 AM
MAYA! Gimme a call! I wanna put you in touch with my friend Barbie, who'll be at the show on Saturday. I'm picking her up on Sunday and hustling down to Indy, but I'd like her to be able to hook up with you!

Bostonian
05.31.02, 03:50 AM
Well a little more than 24 hours to the show! I am very psyched! Hain, LeadSynth, and everyone else I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! Well I am off to the Bank, and then to the airport to catch my flight to Chicago! See you all at the Blue Iguana tomorrow!

-Bostonian

Lead Synth
05.31.02, 05:39 AM
Lori Ann, I will be in touch with you soon.

Uncle Ted left me a voicemail last night!

Lookin' forward to seeing you guys, some of you for the first time!

Unchained Wolfie
05.31.02, 02:31 PM
Hows the accent? :D

Brett
05.31.02, 02:40 PM
Take pictures. smile.gif

RayBan
06.01.02, 11:03 AM
DAMN! The meet at the Blue Iguana would be so cool. I moved up when I'm droppin the little RayBans off but theres no way I'm gonn be able to get there.
Ahh Chicago IS the place to be for Van Halen fans smile.gif smile.gif
With all the people at the World I doubt I'l see you all there but nevertheless Sec 203 row LL 26 and 27

LOOK AT ALL THE LINKERS HERE TONIGHT graemlins/thumb.gif

Mario VH
06.01.02, 01:38 PM
Have fun guys. I'm jealous.

DLR'sCock
06.01.02, 03:53 PM
Have fun you crazy muther fucka's!!!!!! graemlins/devil.gif

Down In Flames
06.02.02, 02:19 AM
Gonna close this up since it's ex post facto.

If any of you guys met up and have stories or pics you'd like to post you can start a thread in Non-Music.

Hope everybody had a great fucking time! graemlins/drunk.gif