PDA

View Full Version : DLR/Sammy Press Conference...

Brett
04.16.02, 12:35 PM
Well the thing wasn't on here but a reporter did report in to the radio station.

Basically the guys said they will be touring, how long could change. They will play in LA on June 24th at the Universal Amphiteater (considering neither ever plays in LA). They will not play together, but they will do a lot of VH material. They may even cross over and do each other's tunes.

They ragged on Ed and Al, called them the Howdy Doody Brothers. I'd say any reunion is history at this point.

Seemed to be getting along, joking and whatever. That's all of it in a nutshell.

The Full BuD
04.16.02, 12:42 PM
I got this from The Velvet Rope on the web, from an obvious non-fan observer...

Well, just got back from the press conference announcing the Sam & Dave tour (which, by the way, has been deemed "Song For Song, The Heavyweight Champs Of Rock'n'Roll" tour...say that one three times fast!), held at the Sky Bar on the Sunset Strip. Dave and Sammy arrived together (30 minutes late, natch), along with the identical triplet(?)
"KittyKat Girls" and a midget who looked like nothing so much as Andy Warhol on a REALLY bad hair day. Total camp....

The best line from the press conference was courtesy of Dave, of course. When asked if
Gary Cherone had been in contact, he replied, "He's doing The Vagina Monologues!"
They say they'll be flippin' a coin to decide who headlines the first night (May 29 in
Cleveland), then flip-flopping slots thereafter. Oddly enough, the tour doesn't seem to be
hitting the East Coast...the dates they distributed end June 29 in George, WA--the
furthest East the tour goes is Ohio. Kinda odd....

Among those in attendance were Irving Azoff, John Kalodner and Peter Paterno, along
with film crews from CNN, VH1 and Access Hollywood, among others. I'm sure it will be plastered all over the small-screen tonight.

Rosco P. Coltrane
04.16.02, 12:49 PM
well, if they are raggin' on Eddie, I think it's safe to say he isn't sick.

http://athenausa.hypermart.net/SQUAD.GIF

strungout
04.16.02, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by The Full BuD:
I got this from The Velvet Rope on the web, from an obvious non-fan observer...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Well, just got back from the press conference announcing the Sam & Dave tour (which, by the way, has been deemed "Song For Song, The Heavyweight Champs Of Rock'n'Roll" tour...say that one three times fast!), held at the Sky Bar on the Sunset Strip. Dave and Sammy arrived together (30 minutes late, natch), along with the identical triplet(?)
"KittyKat Girls" and a midget who looked like nothing so much as Andy Warhol on a REALLY bad hair day. Total camp....

The best line from the press conference was courtesy of Dave, of course. When asked if
Gary Cherone had been in contact, he replied, "He's doing The Vagina Monologues!"
They say they'll be flippin' a coin to decide who headlines the first night (May 29 in
Cleveland), then flip-flopping slots thereafter. Oddly enough, the tour doesn't seem to be
hitting the East Coast...the dates they distributed end June 29 in George, WA--the
furthest East the tour goes is Ohio. Kinda odd....

Among those in attendance were Irving Azoff, John Kalodner and Peter Paterno, along
with film crews from CNN, VH1 and Access Hollywood, among others. I'm sure it will be plastered all over the small-screen tonight. </font>[/QUOTE]NO FUCKING EAST COAST DATES!!???!?!?!?!

WTF?!?!? That pisses the HELL out of me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rosco P. Coltrane
04.16.02, 12:52 PM
The Vagina Monologues!" !!!!!

classic! :D graemlins/thumb.gif

Fabulous Shadow aka VHL
04.16.02, 12:52 PM
Ok- The reception was horrible, but this is what I could make out...Correct me if I'm wrong.

DLR will not be reuntiting with VH

DLR and Sam reffered to the Ed and Al as the HOWDY DOODY brothers

There is only ONE show, in CA, at The Universal Ampitheather June 22. Tix on sale April 27th

They will NOT appear on stage together but will both be playing VH songs

Michael Anthony remains neutral and may appear as a special guest

They have not heard from ED but do not give a rats ass how he feels about their decision

They decided to do this because IT's TIME!!!

Pumpkinhead
04.16.02, 12:54 PM
Well, I guess that does it for Van Halen??? Doesn't look like we're ever gonna hear from them again, what a fucking shame to go out the way they did! A fucking shame indeed! :(

Smokin' 5150
04.16.02, 12:55 PM
They better announce some East Coast dates soon. We need the Heavyweights to hit South Florida.

joe318
04.16.02, 12:55 PM
so would'nt make sence for eddie,alex. and mike to be part of this sence sammy and dave are going to do alot of vh songs?

or are they apart of this and no one is talking? it just may be wishful thinking on my part.

hain23x
04.16.02, 12:57 PM
face it folks, Van Halen is either too sick and broken down or they're too busy chasing down sticker decals and playing wiffle ball or driving the kids to soccer practice to rock any more.

[ April 16, 2002 at 01:58 PM: Message edited by: hain23x ]</p>

DLR'sCock
04.16.02, 01:00 PM
WTF????? NO EAST COAST DATES??????? GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Well, aren't there "supposed to be" 20 more dates added to the tour???? :confused:

gman1970
04.16.02, 01:00 PM
Hello,

Did they release all of the tour dates? If so, can someone please post them so we can see where the Heavyweights will be rocking.

Thanks,

G

stevei
04.16.02, 01:01 PM
What about Chicago tour dates?

Glenn
04.16.02, 01:02 PM
Be nice for Ed and Al to make some sort of public statement about things. It would also be nice to know the exact wording of what DLR said about not getting together with VH. And it would be really nice if Dave looked in the mirror, realized he's no longer on the 'a', 'b' or 'c' list anymore, and shut his fuckin' trap about other singers.

desandsevo
04.16.02, 01:03 PM
Ive remained quiet here for years but Ive got to post now. Eddie and Alex Van Halen are foolish to be uninvolved in this. If they love making music and playing as they consistently say, they would realize that the only chance they have to be well received is to be a part this. Because lets face it no one wants to hear anyone else front the band except Sam and or Dave. I guess the Van Halen Brothers were FOS about claims of making music for life. But hey as we grow older priorities change. I guess this shows they really cant stand either of the singers and would prefer not to play and do what they supposedly love.

ouncie33
04.16.02, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
WTF????? NO EAST COAST DATES??????? GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Well, aren't there "supposed to be" 20 more dates added to the tour???? :confused: Well for your sake and and anyone else who lives on the east coast, I hope they end up playing there! It doesn't sound like anything happened or was said at the press conference that was earth shattering.

JMJ
04.16.02, 01:10 PM
van halen has officially bitten the dust folks, say goodbye.

after this tour, van halen will be but a memory. i'll get my tickets for the universal ampitheater show, get my rocks off and then say fuck it.

nice goin ed and al, way to fuck everything up...AGAIN.

think it's definitely time to add on to my vh tattoo and make it look like somethin else that has some FUCKING MEANING

not worth supporting someone who doesn't support you

:fuck you ed and al:

JMJ

Guitar Shark
04.16.02, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Glenn:
And it would be really nice if Dave looked in the mirror, realized he's no longer on the 'a', 'b' or 'c' list anymore, and shut his fuckin' trap about other singers.Agreed. The "Vagina Monologues" comment is funny, of course, but totally unwarranted. Same thing with his "baloney pony" comment last year. Gary has been NOTHING but totally respectful of both prior incarnations of the band.

But, realistically, I guess we shouldn't expect anything else from Dave. As Sammy said in his recent radio interview, Dave "isn't normal" and he's "a goofball." ;)

LightBulb5150
04.16.02, 01:24 PM
Be nice for Ed and Al to make some sort of public statement about things.Ed and Al ain't gonna say shit! Never have. Never will.

Stick a fork in Van Halen...they're done.
:(

DLR'sCock
04.16.02, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rosco P. Coltrane:
The Vagina Monologues!" !!!!!

classic! :D graemlins/thumb.gif That's pretty damn funny!!!

longaway
Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
They better announce some East Coast dates soon. We need the Heavyweights to hit South Florida.Amen to that! Dave hasn't done a show down here since...

...damn, I don't think he's been down here since YFLM!

The Full BuD
Ray Luzier's 20 questions is up at Metal Sludge (http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsRay.htm)

Not too much info, but says he has dates on his site, which I couldn't get into.

Looks like it may officially be over. If Dave's slammin the bros in public again, I don't think there will be any reunion at all. Guess the Universal Amphitheater date will be their last chance, but I won't be holding my breath.

The Full BuD
04.16.02, 01:29 PM
BTW, are they really charging up to $61.50 at the Indiana show?! Yikes, that's pretty steep. I shudder to think what my tix at Universal Amp. are going to run...

dj88
04.16.02, 01:30 PM
Why are people just now slamming Ed and Al? Did you actually think this was all a secret Van Halen reunion going on?

Halen is over. This is as close as you're ever going to get to seeing them again.

It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes:

Brett
04.16.02, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by dj88:
It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes: Yes damn it, wassup wit dat? ;) tongue.gif

DLR'sCock
04.16.02, 01:33 PM
Ray Luzier's 20 questions is up at Metal Sludge (http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsRay.htm)

Not too much info, but says he has dates on his site, which I couldn't get into.

Looks like it may officially be over. If Dave's slammin the bros in public again, I don't think there will be any reunion at all. Guess the Universal Amphitheater date will be their last chance, but I won't be holding my breath.hehe

David Lee Roth = Hands down- the world's greatest front man and a damn cool boss to have!

Fabulous Shadow aka VHL
04.16.02, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
[QB] The "Vagina Monologues" comment is funny, of course, but totally unwarranted.

Warranted considering that this Eve Ensler show is a very big deal on broadway and there has been a rotating cast of celebrities performing Monologues and now Gary will be one of them. I dont think it was meant to poke fun at Gary as much as POKE fun at the title...

wolffan
04.16.02, 01:35 PM
I'm today officially not a VH fan anymore.They fucked us and threw us away.I'm just pissed I bought 2 Wolfgangs.I really want to cleanse myself of all that is Van Halen.Goodbye folks!

DLR'sCock
04.16.02, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
[QB] The "Vagina Monologues" comment is funny, of course, but totally unwarranted.

Warranted considering that this Eve Ensler show is a very big deal on broadway and there has been a rotating cast of celebrities performing Monologues and now Gary will be one of them. I dont think it was meant to poke fun at Gary as much as POKE fun at the title...Really???Is it true that Gary is acting in "The Vagina Monologues"???

Guitar Shark
04.16.02, 01:37 PM
Warranted considering that this Eve Ensler show is a very big deal on broadway and there has been a rotating cast of celebrities performing Monologues and now Gary will be one of them. I dont think it was meant to poke fun at Gary as much as POKE fun at the title...Hmm.. I didn't know that; thanks! But I do think it was meant to poke fun at Gary. ;)

Fabulous Shadow aka VHL
04.16.02, 01:38 PM

It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes: Yep, Exactly!

DLR'sCock
04.16.02, 01:39 PM
Why are people just now slamming Ed and Al? Did you actually think this was all a secret Van Halen reunion going on?

Halen is over. This is as close as you're ever going to get to seeing them again.

It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes: we have known since last summer(from Dave himself) and verified again last Nov, that there was no reunion going on, but how many times do people need to get it through their heads????

dj88
04.16.02, 01:39 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dj88:

It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes: Yep, Exactly!</font>[/QUOTE]Would have been nice, but you people knew it wasn't going to happen. At least you should have known.

The Full BuD
04.16.02, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DLR's Cock:
Really???Is it true that Gary is acting in "The Vagina Monologues"??? Not unless Gary really does have a vagina...

bobvh316
04.16.02, 01:45 PM
For whatever reason, Eddie does not get along with Dave and Sammy. That is his right. I'm not going to start bashing him for that and throw away all my van halen records.

Zahzoo
04.16.02, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

It is a shame, but what were you people expecting? Ed to walk out from behind the curtain and give Dave and Sam a group hug? :rolleyes: we have known since last summer(from Dave himself) and verified again last Nov, that there was no reunion going on, but how many times do people need to get it through their heads????</font>[/QUOTE]Cock.... it's called denial...pure and simple!!! graemlins/thumb.gif graemlins/thumb.gif

SactoFan
04.16.02, 01:47 PM
Be nice for Ed and Al to make some sort of public statement about things. It would also be nice to know the exact wording of what DLR said about not getting together with VH. And it would be really nice if Dave looked in the mirror, realized he's no longer on the 'a', 'b' or 'c' list anymore, and shut his fuckin' trap about other singers.Word UP, Glenn...

MikeL
04.16.02, 01:53 PM
Did you actually think this was all a secret Van Halen reunion going on?I still do. graemlins/sssh.gif

D.O.A.
04.16.02, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by DLR's Cock: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Really???Is it true that Gary is acting in "The Vagina Monologues"??? Not unless Gary really does have a vagina...</font>[/QUOTE]LOL! Between Joy Behar, Nell Carter and Ricki Lake....no Gary. It's a sad day for vaginas everywhere. graemlins/cry.gif

www.vaginamonologues.com (http://www.vaginamonologues.com)

;) :cool: ;)

VanEdge
04.16.02, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MikeL:
Did you actually think this was all a secret Van Halen reunion going on?I still do. graemlins/sssh.gif </font>[/QUOTE]wait - don't say anything and don't move.
in my mind i'm seeing mike, ed, and al take the stage...
you'll ruin the fantasy if you wake me up

EricDaniel
04.16.02, 02:02 PM
So is there a transcript anywhere? Or a place to listen to it?

Bammo
04.16.02, 02:05 PM
can someone post what dave/sammy said about vh? all people have said is they called them the howdy doody bros but exactly what did they say?

Little Dreamer
04.16.02, 02:09 PM
Van Halen will release a new album. But not with Sam or Dave at the helm.
VH isn't over. Ed and Al's pride is on the line, and they'll come back, guaranteed.
This thing is guaranteed to make them react.

The Dave or Sam reunion won't happen. But even with a new singer, it'll still be VH. The quality of this future release remains to be seen...

hain23x
04.16.02, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Little Dreamer:
Van Halen will release a new album. But not with Sam or Dave at the helm.
VH isn't over. Ed and Al's pride is on the line, and they'll come back, guaranteed.
This thing is guaranteed to make them react.

The Dave or Sam reunion won't happen. But even with a new singer, it'll still be VH. The quality of this future release remains to be seen..."hey the fans didn't like a third singer, maybe they'll like a 4th singer??"--Ed

2 years later

"hey, the fans didn't like a 4th singer, maybe they'll like a 5th singer?"-alex

Guitar Shark
04.16.02, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by D.O.A.:
Between Joy Behar, Nell Carter and Ricki Lake....no Gary. It's a sad day for vaginas everywhere. graemlins/cry.gif

;) :cool: ;) LOL! Well, in that case, I retract my "thank you" to VHL. :cool: tongue.gif ;)

Mario VH
04.16.02, 02:25 PM
I agree with Little Dreamer. Van Halen will be back in some form but it should be obvious to everyone by now that it won't be with Roth or Sam.
I wish all parties involved would quit insulting each other. All this crap thrown back and forth is really dumb. You would think that a bunch of grown ups could show each other a tiny bit of respect.

rolsguitars
04.16.02, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkinhead:
Well, I guess that does it for Van Halen??? Doesn't look like we're ever gonna hear from them again, what a fucking shame to go out the way they did! A fucking shame indeed! :( look folks, VH has retired and just didn't bother to tell anyone
Rol.

dj88
04.16.02, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by rolsguitars:
look folks, VH has retired and just didn't bother to tell anyone
Rol.Can't argue with that. They might as well retire if they don't get Dave or Sam back because singer #4 ain't gonna work.

rolsguitars
04.16.02, 02:41 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:
look folks, VH has retired and just didn't bother to tell anyone
Rol.Can't argue with that. They might as well retire if they don't get Dave or Sam back because singer #4 ain't gonna work.</font>[/QUOTE]well I mean look at the facts here, no tour manager, no record label, no bassist, no guitar Tech. It's simlple they are not putting anything on the official site because nothing is going on, I don't care what Brad Starks says there is nothing on the horizon, no plans whatso ever,
I know this.
Rol.
and they are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

dj88
04.16.02, 02:45 PM
I don't care what Brad Starks says there is nothing on the horizon, no plans whatso ever,
I know this.The worst thing about this whole situation is it's painfully obvious to everyone that now is the time for the Sam and Dave VAN HALEN reunion tour except the VH brothers.

Money must not mean anything to them because it's there for the taking.

[ April 16, 2002 at 03:47 PM: Message edited by: dj88 ]</p>

bobvh316
04.16.02, 02:46 PM
In regards to van halen and a 4th singer, if the album rocks, why would it not work. Look at all the crap out there today that is selling.

dj88
04.16.02, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bobvh316:
In regards to van halen and a 4th singer, if the album rocks, why would it not work. Look at all the crap out there today that is selling.Look what happened with Gary. VH had a major label that went to bat for them, they got good air play on MTV and the radio and it still flopped.

Now their singer and bassist "leave". The band has been giving their fans the silent treatment for the last 4 years. They fire their manager, tour manager, and guitar tech and you expect things to be better than last time?

That's a good one...

wolffan
04.16.02, 04:01 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pumpkinhead:
Well, I guess that does it for Van Halen??? Doesn't look like we're ever gonna hear from them again, what a fucking shame to go out the way they did! A fucking shame indeed! :( look folks, VH has retired and just didn't bother to tell anyone
Rol.</font>[/QUOTE]Fuck 'em they stay silent so that the wonder in this place and others goes on.It makes them feel like they are still in control.Wake up boys,Dave and Sam have stolen your thunder and you deserved it!(Hey Ed,now you know what goes on in other people's realities ) I personally don't give a rat's ass about VH anymore.Wait until Halford's new album comes out.I heard some demos and they rock!! And the guitarists in his band play guitar like it's meant to be played.I will definitely go see Dave and Sam when they come to my town and have a few drinks and enjoy rock and roll for the same reason I did when I was 18 years old.For the party!!!
graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/thumb.gif

TheMightyCopenHalenII
04.16.02, 04:17 PM
In regards to van halen and a 4th singer, if the album rocks, why would it not work. Look at all the crap out there today that is selling.You gotta be fuckin shittin me...

That's besides the point. I really wish Ed and Al would bury the hatchet with those fuckin guys man, but I and we, sure as shit ain't going to influence them. If we did, they would already be pressing albums at the fucking plant.

While Eddie has done alot of shit to make me think twice about what in the hell he's doin, I still can't rule out that he still might be sick.

Therefore, I guess all of us hardcore fans can hope that Eddie will release some of those relic tapes sitting at 5150. Wishful thinking, but if not that, release some solo shit.

From what Sam and Dave used to say about each other, in the open, and who knows what behind their backs, that they are buryin the fuckin hatchet. I will not be amazed however, if they get into a rumble at some point in their tour.

Hats off to VAN HALEN with your "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS"...Thanks for leaving us with your last words so far in the form of Brad Starks...

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!

Fabulous Shadow aka VHL
04.16.02, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by D.O.A.:
Between Joy Behar, Nell Carter and Ricki Lake....no Gary. It's a sad day for vaginas everywhere. graemlins/cry.gif

;) :cool: ;) LOL! Well, in that case, I retract my "thank you" to VHL. :cool: tongue.gif ;) </font>[/QUOTE]You can retract GS but I thought Gary really WAS going to be in it and for the record, the main characters are women but there are males who contribute as well...

I think you and DOA need to quit spending your time picking my every post apart and start haveing SEX or something...

hain23x
04.16.02, 04:29 PM
The Vagina comment from Dave was CLASSIC!!!! You guys HAVE to admit that!!!!!! tongue.gif

Can't wait to hear the entire thing when someone gets it up and runnin'

Zadian
04.16.02, 04:33 PM
Well, i was starting to think tha Ed was really sick, but now I think it may not be a physical sick. I think I may package up my entire Van Halen collection, CD's, VHS, even all the shit I downloaded, and send it all back to the biggest assholes in Rock 'n' Roll history. Hey, is there a hall of fame award for being a total drunken fuck up? Anyone know the address to the Manic Halen Bros?

D.O.A.
04.16.02, 04:36 PM
You can retract GS but I thought Gary really WAS going to be in it and for the record, the main characters are women but there are males who contribute as well...

I think you and DOA need to quit spending your time picking my every post apart and start haveing SEX or something...OK -- name the males who contribute.

Poor baby. graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/cry.gif

ED-A-HOLIC
04.16.02, 04:43 PM
Then I'll have to go to Ca. for the show.
:D What the FUCKING HELL is going on in this world.

T.RYAN
04.16.02, 04:49 PM
Both singers said they plan to include a heavy dose of Van Halen in their sets.

"I'm going to do almost exclusively the Van Halen catalog," Roth said. "It's about time that we show up and not just do renditions. I have a hot band that will serve it large."

"He's going to do some of the Van Halen songs I did," Hagar joked.

"Since Dave actually wrote those songs," Roth shot back.

"What you have is quintessential Americana, and you couldn't pick a more appropriate time for that," explained Roth, who described the vibe of the tour as a cross between Jimmy Buffett and Limp Bizkit. "Between the two of us there is probably something between 80 to 100 million albums sold. And whether you've owned it or not, you've heard Sammy or my voice blaring out of a pickup truck in front of you at the drive-thru at the local Burger King for how many summers?"

As for the chances of Eddie and Alex Van Halen joining either singer for a reunion, it doesn't appear likely. Although Hagar and Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony are working together on a side project and both Hagar and Roth said Anthony is welcome to perform with them, they did not sound interested in the Van Halen brothers.

"I'm not sure what the brothers think and I'm not sure I really care," Roth said.

When asked why Gary Cherone, the other former Van Halen singer, is not on the bill, Roth joked that the former Extreme frontman was busy doing "The Vagina Monologues."

Can't wait especially if Mike does come aboard.

JMJ
04.16.02, 04:50 PM
remember when we were talking about possible record labels?

i was told sony had a MASSIVE deal on the table for the band with a reunion album AND tour with dave AND sammy. however, the brothers want no part of it.

how's it feel to be a van halen fan after hearing that?

JMJ

dj88
04.16.02, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by JMJ:
remember when we were talking about possible record labels?

i was told sony had a MASSIVE deal on the table for the band with a reunion album AND tour with dave AND sammy. however, the brothers want no part of it.

how's it feel to be a van halen fan after hearing that?

JMJWhere did you hear this?

If it's true then I'm not a Van Halen fan anymore.

Oh, and also it wouldn't surprise me in the least actually. Par for the course.

Burning Tires
04.16.02, 05:56 PM
I think this was a shrewd business decision by Sammy and David. They see the opportunity and are going for it. Good for them. I hope they come to Atlanta, that will be an incredible show, I'm sure! Imagine the antics!

I can't help but feel disappointed in the rest of Van Halen, though. :( With their silence, it only can be perceived by us (the fans) as indifference. I think they'll do something again eventually, but I wish they'd say something now. If Dave and Sam are crackin' wise about the brothers, it's not good.

One thing's for sure - this trip just took a massive LEFT TURN that no one was expecting! At least we can enjoy the moment if Sam and Dave are!
:D Maybe VH1 will strike back at MTV's "The Osbournes" with a reality show about the Sam and Dave tour... graemlins/sssh.gif

Guitonne
04.16.02, 06:45 PM
For whatever reason, Eddie does not get along with Dave and Sammy. That is his right. I'm not going to start bashing him for that and throw away all my van halen records.Jesus Christ I thought I was a lurker. 6 posts and regestered in 99? However I totally agree w/ your statement. Eddie has bizarre behavior but I don't care anymore I still have my albums and always will.

Lou
04.16.02, 06:59 PM
Well it's now officially time to get over whatever hope we had for Van Halen to get back together. The only thing left is for Ed and Alex to come forward like MEN for once and tell the fans they're retiring. But they're such assholes, they won't even do that.

Oh well, at least Rush will be playing near me this summer, so I'll go see a band that treats their fans right.

FORD
04.16.02, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Lou:
Oh well, at least Rush will be playing near me this summer, so I'll go see a band that treats their fans right.Not ALL their fans. They haven't announced any west coast dates :(

Lou
04.16.02, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by FORD:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lou:
Oh well, at least Rush will be playing near me this summer, so I'll go see a band that treats their fans right.Not ALL their fans. They haven't announced any west coast dates :( </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah but I heard that that's only the first part of the tour that got announced. I think they'll come your way before the year's out.

peavey5150
04.16.02, 07:39 PM
i am glad it is all settled. bring on a fourth singer and screw all those bagging them. you don't like it...fine, move on. play your favourite era and get over it. stop your bitchin' & moanin'. for all you know, the best era may just be beginning.

[ April 16, 2002 at 08:47 PM: Message edited by: peavey5150 ]</p>

SteveDS90
04.16.02, 07:45 PM
I'm still pissed there aren't any East coast dates... one of those 20 other unannounced dates better be D.C. or Baltimore. Hell I'll even take Philly or Pitt!

Top Timmy
04.16.02, 09:22 PM
Take a wild guess where this is going. ;) tongue.gif graemlins/devil.gif graemlins/bounce.gif :D

Lou
04.16.02, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by peavey5150:
i am glad it is all settled. bring on a fourth singer and screw all those bagging them. you don't like it...fine, move on. play your favourite era and get over it. stop your bitchin' & moanin'. for all you know, the best era may just be beginning.Oh yeah, a 4th singer would be just fantastic. Maybe Eddie could grow as a musician even more than with Gary Cherone. I mean "Once," "Josephina," and "How Many Say I" just rocked so much, I can't wait to hear what a 4th singer would have to offer :rolleyes:

And BTW, at this stage, sadly that's what's most likely, other than retirement. Eddie has his own label, so he has complete control and can do whatever he wants. I hope he doesn't expect to sell more than 50,000 copies, for his sake.

Elwood P.
04.17.02, 12:03 AM
[QB
DLR will not be reuntiting with VH

There is only ONE show, in CA, at The Universal Ampitheather June 22. Tix on sale April 27th

[/QB]So Dave will will remain untited?

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Where the hell is Mountain View, Ca. It's on one of these threads around here as a concert date?

vh3fan
04.17.02, 12:39 AM
I hope the tour goes well. I will be there at one of the shows!

Maybe they can get TOJ there at one of the Boston Shows.

edwardocatflappo
04.17.02, 12:54 AM
gary IS a vagina..

van halen R.I.P. graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/irked.gif