PDA

View Full Version : dave and sam headlined shows

JMJ
04.28.02, 08:00 PM
based on dave headlining the first show in cleveland, here's how it pans out for all the shows if you guys are interested ;)

sam will headline:

detroit
indianapolis
kansas city
wisconsin show
columbus
dallas
albequerque
phoenix
universal
mountain view

dave will headline:

cleveland
chicago
cincinatti
st louis
peoria
san antonio
houston
denver
devore graemlins/thumb.gif
fresno
gorge

JMJ

JTCanavera
04.28.02, 08:46 PM
Sammy said during a radio interview Friday that he has arranged that Dave will open in St. Louis and Sammy will finish the show.

He also said that the brothers said Mike can't appear on this tour, or he'll be fired. Sammy said that Mike's response was "from what?" Sammy hoped that Mike would appear in St. Louis.

Who knows...

Vince G.
04.28.02, 08:50 PM
Don't count on it.

Devore is right next to Fontana, where Sammy was born and raised. Expect him to headline that show. When I saw VH back in '95 at Blockbuster, located in Devore, the place was PACKED! Sam had damn near every single relative, friend, associate, etc., in that crowd. It's his hometown, so I do expect he'll close that show, and probably even play a little longer.

Dave will most likely headline Universal. It's Hollywood. And, like the city itself, Dave is always "on" and will want to shine like that city. Van Halen owned that city back in their early days, and he'll definitely own that night as well. Lotsa industry execs there, too, so you know Dave'll have to put on a show for them. graemlins/thumb.gif

JMJ
04.28.02, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Vince G.:
Don't count on it.

Devore is right next to Fontana, where Sammy was born and raised. Expect him to headline that show. When I saw VH back in '95 at Blockbuster, located in Devore, the place was PACKED! Sam had damn near every single relative, friend, associate, etc., in that crowd. It's his hometown, so I do expect he'll close that show, and probably even play a little longer.

Dave will most likely headline Universal. It's Hollywood. And, like the city itself, Dave is always "on" and will want to shine like that city. Van Halen owned that city back in their early days, and he'll definitely own that night as well. Lotsa industry execs there, too, so you know Dave'll have to put on a show for them. graemlins/thumb.gif why u gotta fuckin ruin my night? :mad:

JMJ

Rocket
04.28.02, 09:06 PM
If Sammy headlines Universal, then I could potentialy leave early. These things are important to know when you are a parent!

Stuff No More
04.29.02, 05:50 AM
The Cincinnati concert is being billed as Sammy Hagar with David Lee Roth, which implies (at least to me) that Sammy is headlining that show.

Makes sense, since Dayton is a fairly large Sammy area and is a short hop down the expressway from there.

tap1966
04.29.02, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Stuff No More:

Makes sense, since Dayton is a fairly large Sammy area and is a short hop down the expressway from there.Really? I never heard any Sammy/Van Hagar on the radio when I was visiting Dayton - pretty frequently a few years back. There were 3 rock stations, and they'd all play predominantly Roth-era. Last time Dave played in Columbus they oversold the place by about 500 or so - on only a week between the announcement and the show.

DLR'sCock
04.29.02, 10:25 AM
What about the east coast???

ouncie33
04.29.02, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
What about the east coast???Someone on another board said that it is rumored that East coast dates will be added. For your sake I hope it's true.

[ April 29, 2002 at 11:32 AM: Message edited by: ouncie33 ]</p>

AVH Blues
04.29.02, 01:03 PM
I hope they add some East coast/South shows.... The last time Sammy played anywhere near North Carolina was Red Voodoo with one show in Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues. I'm not sure when was the last time DLR played the area. I know he played in 1994 at a club in Myrtle Beach.

A lot of fans bought tix for these guys in this area for years and years, I hope they don't continue to give us the cold shoulder and avoid us. I know it is all about the money and multiple shows in other states may bring in more money but I don't think they ever had trouble selling out of shows around here in the VH days.

Sherman5150
04.29.02, 01:30 PM
In Sammy's interview he said Dave is closing Cleveland.

[ April 29, 2002 at 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Sherman5150 ]</p>