PDA

View Full Version : What if Sam...

MikeL
04.30.02, 02:15 PM
...ends that first opening set in Toledo with Panama? Dave almost always plays that song early in his set. If Sammy pours it on and plays it (or something else from the Dave era) what'll happen? Will Dave play the song and let people compare, or will he pull it? Would the tour end?

tap1966
04.30.02, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MikeL:
...ends that first opening set in Toledo with Panama??That would be hilarious...especially since the show is not in Toledo ;)

MikeL
04.30.02, 02:27 PM
Fuck if I know, man. The only one close to me is on a date I've got a wedding to attend on the east coast. smile.gif

twonabomber
04.30.02, 03:02 PM
saw Roth on the EEAS tour in Toledo, in 86. thing is, i had been to the Cleveland show a month before, so when i showed up with my EEAS jersey, everyone was like "where'd ya get that?" you know, back when there was no Internet to help in planning a road trip...

Blind Willie Loons
04.30.02, 03:09 PM
DLR iz gonn' school Sammy--c'mon nah everyBODY knows classic Van Rothin' iz a feral beast an' Van Hagar iz juzz a cover band wit a great guitaris'!!!...ALL HELL YEAH!!...here come the blues...here come the boogie woogie yez yeah!!... graemlins/devil.gif

FORD
04.30.02, 04:57 PM
Why would Sammy sing a Van HALEN song now, when he did his damndest to NOT sing them in Van Hagar?

tap1966
04.30.02, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by FORD:
Why would Sammy sing a Van HALEN song now, when he did his damndest to NOT sing them in Van Hagar?Well he apparently sang ATBL on Saturday with Planet Us :eek:

Dan Halen
04.30.02, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FORD:
Why would Sammy sing a Van HALEN song now, when he did his damndest to NOT sing them in Van Hagar?Well he apparently sang ATBL on Saturday with Planet Us :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]I believe Smashmouth did. It says it on Mike's site.

JMJ
04.30.02, 08:10 PM
what if the tour gets cancelled after 1 show?

JMJ

twonabomber
04.30.02, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by JMJ:

JMJthen it sucks to be everyone else, cause i'll be there opening night... :D

JMJ
04.30.02, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:

JMJthen it sucks to be everyone else, cause i'll be there opening night... :D </font>[/QUOTE]good fuckin answer man!

good answer!

guess all of us would be fucked eh? would suck if they walked right out on ya causing a riot eh? ;)

JMJ

tap1966
04.30.02, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Dan Halen:
I believe Smashmouth did. It says it on Mike's site.Smashmouth took the stage early in the evening and got the crowd fired up with their rendition of "Runnin' With The Devil" complete with the horn intro!
The high-light of the evening however, was the live debut of Planet Us who whipped the crowd into a frenzy with "Vertigo" and "Peeping Through A Hole." The band was then joined by members of Smashmouth and blew the roof off the place with an energetic version of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love."

JMJ
04.30.02, 08:40 PM
everyone is doing vh except for vh; even smash fucking mouth..how sad

JMJ

[ April 30, 2002 at 09:42 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]</p>

twonabomber
04.30.02, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JMJ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by twonabomber:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:

JMJthen it sucks to be everyone else, cause i'll be there opening night... :D </font>[/QUOTE]good fuckin answer man!

good answer!

guess all of us would be fucked eh? would suck if they walked right out on ya causing a riot eh? ;)

JMJ</font>[/QUOTE]oddly enough, there was almost a riot at Blossom during a VH show...on the RHRN tour, it was late August, kinda cool at night...some kids started lighting the wax-paper beer cups on fire, and started some bonfires on the lawn. guys were throwing blankets, pizza boxes, whatever they could find into the fires...at one point Sammy said something about the lawn being on fire, but by then Blossom security was out on the lawn with fire extinguishers. we saw one of the security goons swing an extinguisher by its hose at a crowd of people that were trying to keep the fire going...i was thinking if the show was stopped, it may turn into a situation like the shortened Guns N Roses show where the crowd trashed the arena. i told my friend that if it got ugly, i'd meet him back at the car, but they pretty much defused the situation within 10 minutes or so. still, funny to see.

JMJ
04.30.02, 09:13 PM
FIRE FIRE FIRE

JMJ

Stuff No More
05.01.02, 06:20 AM
If Sammy played a joke on Dave like that and Dave's wit was as quick as it's supposed to be, he'd better come back the next night and steal one of Sammy's songs as payback ;)

Of course, by that, I refer to a Montrose song, as Dave probably wouldn't sing a solo or Van Halen song from Sammy.

Raldo
05.01.02, 06:48 AM
I really don't think Sammy is going to play a DLR-era Van Halen song. Sam has enough of his own stuff to choose from. As a joke, maybe his guitarist (Vic) will play a couple riffs but otherwise no way. Would Dave play a Van Hagar tune? Not on your life!

edwardocatflappo
05.04.02, 10:43 AM
dave will most probably say..

'pretty good for a cover version...., now heres' the REAL thing , baby... yeeeah !'

sam will exit left , tail between legs..

:cool:

FORD
05.04.02, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Stuff No More:
If Sammy played a joke on Dave like that and Dave's wit was as quick as it's supposed to be, he'd better come back the next night and steal one of Sammy's songs as payback ;)

Of course, by that, I refer to a Montrose song, as Dave probably wouldn't sing a solo or Van Halen song from Sammy.Well, "Make It Last" was in Van HALEN's early club set....... Maybe if Dave really wanted to be funny, he could throw in a few lines from Cabo Wabo, since it's basically the same song.

DiverDowninKY
05.05.02, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
dave will most probably say..

'pretty good for a cover version...., now heres' the REAL thing , baby... yeeeah !'

sam will exit left , tail between legs..

:cool: LMFAO...now that would LOVE to see