PDA

View Full Version : June 1

Lead Synth
04.16.02, 07:55 PM
I live in Chicago. On June 1, Sam and Dave are in town!!

Guess who else is playing Chicago that night, that I wanted to go see?

The Atomic Punks.

This is the best problem I've ever had :D

[ April 16, 2002 at 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Lead Synth ]</p>

Vince G.
04.16.02, 07:59 PM
Well, Maya, the Punks usually take the stage around midnight wherever they play. So, you just might be able to catch all 3. I can almost guarantee you that Ralph and company will be at that concert, at least for Dave's portion.

hain23x
04.16.02, 08:24 PM
and YOU KNOW where the pre-party is gonna be sista'!!!!!!! ;) :D graemlins/devil.gif graemlins/thumb.gif

hain23x
04.16.02, 08:28 PM
don't worry about missin' the Punks show cuz we won't miss it!

we'll get there right on time! graemlins/thumb.gif

especially if DLR goes on 1st that night ;) :D

Top Timmy
04.16.02, 09:15 PM
Woohoo, a new forum just for Sam and Dave. I'm gonna move this topic there now. graemlins/devil.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Pabs
04.16.02, 09:19 PM
Decisions decisions.....

FORD
04.16.02, 09:56 PM
Here's something you Chicagoites might not have considered....

Maybe the Punks might want to catch Dave & Sammy themselves??

And it might give them an incentive to do one Hell of a set afterwards?

How often does a cover band have to compete with the original artist (sort of)in the same town the same night??

hain23x
04.16.02, 10:09 PM
what's cool about Chicago is that most of the bars stay open later(4-5am) depending on their liquor permit.

I'm sure The Punks will wait a little bit to give people a chance to get up there because where Roth and Sammy are playing is pretty far away from where The Punks are playing--at least 30-40min drive(Tweeter Center is down on the southwest end out in the burbs and The Punks are playing up on the northwest side)

Markymark
04.16.02, 10:26 PM
Lead Synth, I hope you are not really debating which show you will attend... Come on, my brother's band can convingly perform VH; however, they cannot provide authentic autographs from Van Halen's former frontmen!

hain23x
04.16.02, 10:50 PM
isn't your brother Donny Mark? ;) :D graemlins/thumb.gif

tu da da

seriously though, there is no reason you can't go to both shows

the DLR/SH show will be over by 11:30 and The Punks show will start around 12ish(probably after 12 knowing the concert crowd is headed there)

strungout
04.17.02, 03:11 AM
So party at your house, Hain?? :D

I'm considering taking a trip out to Chicago to catch these shows. You guys will have to show me around! graemlins/devil.gif

Raldo
04.17.02, 03:48 AM
Okay, I'm jealous. I live in CT and the closes date for the tour is Ohio. I really hope they extend the tour.

Wombat
04.17.02, 06:21 AM
Do any of you avtually think you will be able to get out of the parking lot, drive 15 miles, be able to hear, and let alone be sober enough to go see the APs. I know I won't! Lets scope out a joint to met up at in Orland Park. Theres lots of places by the mall.

hain23x
04.17.02, 06:35 AM
when I party, I maintain. I don't get trashed like I did when i was 21(although this might be the exception) and I'm planning on taping Dave and The Punks(security willing ;) ) so I'll have to be somewhat sober to pull all that off.

the show at Tweeter will be over at 11.

Punks go on at 12ish.

I'm going to BOTH! :D

but if everyone wants to pre-party somewhere closer to TC that's fine with me! I won't have to worry about cleaning up my apartment after everyone leaves.

I don't know that area down there very well(although I did live in Palos Hills for a few months which is close) so if anyone wants to make suggestions as to where to go to pre-party I'm open to ideas graemlins/thumb.gif

hain23x
04.17.02, 06:39 AM
the only place I know close to The TC is Car Max! :D I might drive out that way and scout some locations this weekend.

graemlins/thumb.gif

tap1966
04.17.02, 07:29 AM
Maybe I missed some news - but don't the Punks and DLR share a guitar player these days. Presumably if Bryan can make both shows then so can everyone else smile.gif

hain23x
04.19.02, 09:39 AM
just went by ticketmaster and they still don't have a listing for this date yet. they do have the next night's listing however.

the djs on 105.9 here (Kevin Mathews and Co.) were talking about the tour yesterday. They were pumped up! Kept playing various VH audio clips and talked about it for a good 15 minutes.

I will FOR SURE go scout out a party place near the Tweeter Center sometime in the next few weeks.

Is everybody planning on getting the high priced tix? My girlfriend isn't a Van Halen fan at all graemlins/wtf.gif , but she said that will HAVE to get the good seats because she wants to see just what all the fuss is about UP CLOSE! :cool:

and then it's off to The Atomic Punks! graemlins/thumb.gif

[ April 19, 2002 at 10:40 AM: Message edited by: hain23x ]</p>

DLR'sCock
04.19.02, 09:44 AM
We New Jerseyites night might need to visit you guys in Chicago, if they don't come out this way!!! :D graemlins/devil.gif

hain23x
04.19.02, 09:47 AM
the more the merrier! graemlins/thumb.gif graemlins/drunk.gif graemlins/drunk.gif graemlins/drunk.gif graemlins/devil.gif :cool: :D

jrk5150
04.19.02, 09:58 AM
My sister lives in Elmhurst (I think that's it), I may have to get out there if they don't get up to New England. Could be a blast.

hain23x
04.19.02, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
My sister lives in Elmhurst (I think that's it), I may have to get out there if they don't get up to New England. Could be a blast.could be? graemlins/wtf.gif

It WILL be!! :D graemlins/thumb.gif

RayBan
04.19.02, 10:30 AM
So the Chicago Chapter of the MIGHTY Van Halen is gonna have a blast in Tinley Park!! WOO HOO graemlins/thumb.gif Thank God for Visa, were getting the best seats we can. AND of course it would help if they put the onsale date online. So whats it gonna be we head over to carmax and test drive a big old conversion van for a few hours He He graemlins/scared.gif

Lead Synth
04.19.02, 11:00 AM
Hain, you KNOW I'll be there for the pre-party. Both shows too! This is going to be one hell of a night.

My sister is going to be there too. She's moving to Chicago on May 31. Good timing that. :D

LA
04.19.02, 11:22 AM
graemlins/cry.gif Hain! Lead Synth! My heart is breaking!

Why do I have to be going to a wedding that same weekend! graemlins/cry.gif graemlins/yell.gif graemlins/irked.gif My brother's no less...

Orland/Tinley is more my neck of the woods, so if you need help with any pre-planning! I can be involved that way! smile.gif

You guys are gonna have to party for me too! I think I'm gonna have to take in the Indy show, or travel to another one. Milwaukee or Peoria or even Cinci! graemlins/thumb.gif Still, I'd rather be with you guys! graemlins/yell.gif

LA
04.19.02, 11:24 AM
Lead Synth... you up for another excursion? :D graemlins/thumb.gif

hain23x
04.19.02, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Lead Synth:

My sister is going to be there too. She's moving to Chicago on May 31. Good timing that. :D are the twins and your sister going to get an apartment next door to Billy Corgan? ;)

what's up with these tix? I thought I heard that THIS was the weekend that ALOT of the summer acts were going to put their tix on sale graemlins/wtf.gif :confused:

RayBan
04.20.02, 06:09 AM
Yeah tix for all the summer shows did go on sale this weekend EXCEPT FOR CHICAGO!!!!
Its not just the Sam and Dave show either I an wanting Rush tix and same deal, every other town but Chicago ARGHH. Maybe all the other shows will sell this weekend and it will be easier to get thru next week to get our tix smile.gif

hain23x
04.20.02, 09:58 AM
well gang, it looks like these tix will be selling fast if you go by what the sales are like for the venues that went on sale today.

If you guys are going to order them online, we should all try to "fish around" for tix close to each other---I gotta be able to turn to someone and slap em' a high 5 when DLR plays "Little Guitars" :D

ps-You can still get Lenny Kravitz tix in the first group of seats still.. did they go on sale this weekend? I'm sure we'll have no problem getting goo tix if you order online.. fuck that phone call shit---they always stick you in the back --just order online AS SOON AS THEY GO ON SALE!!! graemlins/thumb.gif

hain23x
04.23.02, 08:06 AM
Tickets for the show go on sale April 27th 10am CST THIS WEEKEND!!! :cool: graemlins/thumb.gif :cool:

LA
04.23.02, 09:15 AM
hain, where do they go on sale?? I don't see it on ticketmaster graemlins/irked.gif

jrk5150
04.23.02, 09:33 AM
My problem is, do I wait and hope for a New England date and take a chance on it falling apart? Or do I use money I don't have (just bought a house) and fly out to Chicago and stay with my sister and hook up with y'all. And I only have a couple of days to decide.

Anyone gonna get some extra tix to sell?

LA
04.23.02, 09:36 AM
I found a link through the Tweeter Center for buying them:
Tweeter Center, Tinley Park IL (http://www.tweetercenter.com/chicago/schedule.asp)

hain23x
04.23.02, 09:41 AM
but the question is, will we have the same chance at getting tickets thru tweeter center's link as we would thru ticketmaster???

LA
04.23.02, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
My problem is, do I wait and hope for a New England date and take a chance on it falling apart? Or do I use money I don't have (just bought a house) and fly out to Chicago and stay with my sister and hook up with y'all. And I only have a couple of days to decide.

Anyone gonna get some extra tix to sell?They haven't gone on sale yet... but you know, you could make the trip for not so much. Airlines have specials all the time. Check Travelzoo (http://www.travelzoo.com) to find a good deal. You could drive... it's less then one day, and wouldn't cost too much if you didn't have a gas guzzler! graemlins/thumb.gif

I suspect that they'll play the east coast, but you just never know. If they feud, they might not make it that far. :(

hain23x
04.23.02, 09:44 AM
that tweeter center page takes you to ticketmaster's page graemlins/thumb.gif

LA
04.23.02, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by hain23x:
but the question is, will we have the same chance at getting tickets thru tweeter center's link as we would thru ticketmaster???Right now there ISN'T a ticketmaster listing!! :eek:

The other listings for the Tweeter Center schedule took me directly to ticketmaster... so... ?? I have no clue hain!!

hain23x
04.23.02, 09:49 AM
somebody over on vhyahoo said they heard on The Loop this morning that tix go on sale saturday.

so I'll be here ready to buy mine bright an early graemlins/thumb.gif

LA
04.23.02, 09:58 AM
graemlins/yell.gif I wish I could come with you guys! graemlins/irked.gif

jrk5150
04.23.02, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LA:
graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I suspect that they'll play the east coast, but you just never know. If they feud, they might not make it that far. :( Not driving. No way. I've made that drive with my parents, it sucks. It would be worse alone. 14 hours or so. Would cost me about $100 in gas, I'd rather fly for $200.

If they go on sale this weekend, and they go like the other shows did, I pretty much need to know what I'm going to do this week, in order to get the tix if I'm coming out there. Unless some people here are going to grab some extras figuring either we'll buy them or some friends out there will. Not something I'd do without having a definite person to dump them to, though.

Anyone? :D :D :D

hain23x
04.23.02, 10:13 AM
as much as I would like to order 8 tickets, using my debet card I just don't think I could pull it off.

uncle ted
04.23.02, 10:23 AM
ok,

i hope the Chicago fans don't mind to share some beers with the Brasilian nut here...

i didn't know this topic was open... i'm inviting myself to party with you guys...

i'll be taking a flight on the 30th to arrive in Chi-town... i'm planning to make a city tour on the 31st and to get wild on the MEGA show...

i woundn't complain to see the AP...

please count on me to whatever you plan...

f

LA
04.23.02, 07:35 PM
Man, I'm gonna miss you too Mr. Nut! ;) maybe we can get a crew to meet you at the airport and take you out before I leave town for the wedding. graemlins/yell.gif

Wombat
04.24.02, 05:19 AM
Ticketmaster now has the show listed going on sale saturday at 10 am. Thankfully my wife offered to take my daughter to saftball practice which of course is at 10 am.

I Usually hit HOOTERS by the mall before shows graemlins/devil.gif

uncle ted
04.27.02, 04:35 AM
did anyone get the tix already?

hain23x
04.27.02, 06:19 AM
they go on sale at 10 graemlins/thumb.gif

uncle ted
04.27.02, 06:40 AM
hain,

where are you planning to be??? 103 1st row??? graemlins/bounce.gif

uncle ted
04.27.02, 07:45 AM
damn!!!

just could get section 206!!! ROW ZZ seats 47-49...

what did you guys get?

f

Unchained Wolfie
04.27.02, 09:14 AM
Sec. 204, JJJ, seats 37 and 38

[ April 27, 2002 at 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Unchained Wolfie ]</p>