PDA

View Full Version : This is WAAAAY too creepy

Wolfman
09.27.01, 07:24 AM
Coworker just showed me this. smilies/eek.gif

If you have Word, type Q33NY, all in caps.

Highlight the text and change your font size to say, 28.

(* Now put a pad on the table to protect your jaw when it drops. smilies/wink.gif )

Highlight the text again and change your font to Wingdings 1.

smilies/scared.gif WTF is that shit???!!!!

That is toooooo fucked up. smilies/mad.gif

ScottRoberts
09.27.01, 09:46 AM
I see what it did w/Wingdings, but does the "Q33" have any significance or is it just random characters? If so, that would be creepy... smilies/rolleyes.gif

Wolfman
09.27.01, 10:02 AM
I was told it had something to do with one of the flight numbers going in to NY, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

ANGEL4U
09.27.01, 11:21 AM
Has anyone else received the picture of the guy standing on the wtc with the plane coming in right behind him? The FBI found the camera in the rubble?

Will post the picture soon, though I'm not sure it's legit smilies/confused.gif

Goo
09.27.01, 11:55 AM
I think the q33 stuff is fake too, I had a look around and it doesnt seem to appear as any flight number or anything - it just seems to be a smartarse at work

goo's golden rule - 95% of the shit like this you get sent via email, is utter bullshit.

strungout
09.27.01, 12:01 PM
someone explain the Word thing to those of us that don't have it, thanks! smilies/smile.gif

Goo
09.27.01, 12:18 PM
Use wordpad, which comes bundled with windows it'll work the same

Goo
09.27.01, 12:28 PM
Link, from snopes.com, debunker dudes
http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/wingding.htm

tap1966
09.27.01, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
I was told it had something to do with one of the flight numbers going in to NY, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None whatsoever. It's not even the right format for a flight number from what I've heard (I have seen this posted elsewhere).

AxeSlinger84
09.27.01, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
Has anyone else received the picture of the guy standing on the wtc with the plane coming in right behind him? The FBI found the camera in the rubble?

Will post the picture soon, though I'm not sure it's legit smilies/confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that picture is fake. There's the 9/11/01 date in the lower right hand corner which probably means it was taken with a cheaper camera that doesn't have a manual shutter on it. At the speed that plane was going I seriously doubt a cheap camera like that would be able to capture a plane in such good detail perfectly centered with no blurring. It's almost impossible.

seenbad
09.27.01, 01:40 PM
That q33 thing really is the way most airlines classify their flights, but I dont remember a flight 33 anywhere. smilies/confused.gif

[ September 27, 2001 at 02:42 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]

Cabo Kid
09.27.01, 02:02 PM
The picture of the plane is a fake.

The plane in that pic is an American Airlines aircraft. The planes in the WTC crash were United.

Plus, there is NO WAY a camera would survive a 110 story fall, amid TONS and TONS of rubble, not to mention the intense heat of the flames and jet fuel.

That is why you don't see anything wooden...the heat was so intense, everything (ie: desks, cpu's, bodies, etc) were incinerated.

Limecuda
09.27.01, 04:38 PM
Where can i find that plane behind the guy pic? I've heard about but have yet to see it.

Cabo Kid
09.27.01, 05:23 PM
Check out the "This is a hoax" thread...it's in there.

AxeSlinger84
09.27.01, 05:25 PM
Limecuda I just emailed it to ya

Limecuda
09.27.01, 07:22 PM
thanx Axe

tap1966
09.27.01, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
That q33 thing really is the way most airlines classify their flights, but I dont remember a flight 33 anywhere. smilies/confused.gif

[ September 27, 2001 at 02:42 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the website mentioned above

"The last "coincidence" is strictly a manufactured one. Although typing the characters "Q33NY" using the Wingdings font does produce the string of images shown below (an airplane, two pieces of paper that sort of resemble buildings, a skull and crossbones, and a Star of David), there was no flight "Q33NY" involved in the terrorist attack on New York City (the two flights who planes were crashed into the building were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175), nor does that string correspond to any airplane's FAA registry number. "

tap1966
09.27.01, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
The picture of the plane is a fake.

The plane in that pic is an American Airlines aircraft. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first plane to hit was AA11 which flew over Manhattan and hit the North tower. The picture is obviously a fake though smilies/smile.gif

ScottRoberts
09.27.01, 08:08 PM
Here's the pic for those of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.vhtrading.com/WTCfake.jpg

LA
10.03.01, 03:21 AM
snopes is one of my favorite sources for debunking some of the garbage that I get in email. smilies/biggrin.gif

The picture is a fake anyway... look at the clothing he's wearing... and isn't the observation deck on the other tower? ...and I don't think any decks are in the open any longer... WTC was all enclosed like the Sears Tower and the Hancock Center

smilies/tongue.gif

[ October 03, 2001 at 04:25 AM: Message edited by: LA ]