PDA

View Full Version : Okay, What other instruments do you guys play?

Axxman300
03.07.02, 09:37 AM
Aside from the guitar, I play bass ( I played for a year in my old band) I play drums and I had a year of piano after 1984 came out.

I think this helped me because I'm less of an asshole because I have a working knowledge of what can be done on the other instruments. At least I've had fewer arguements about stupid things than I did when I was just a guitarist.

tribb
03.07.02, 11:18 AM
I play bass too, but I'm still an asshole.
Some things never change. :D

twonabomber
03.07.02, 12:37 PM
i have some keyboards lying around, and a bass. also built some drum pads so i can fire off my Alesis D4 drum module, but i don't have them set up now.

Mean_Street
03.07.02, 01:36 PM
I used to play flute but quit, now i'm in the General Music class and we play the uh, Alto-Recorder. its bigger than regular recorder. and i play guitar but i dont know any chords. and i plan on playing drums or guitar some day.

tribb
03.07.02, 04:41 PM
i play guitar but i dont know any chords. and i plan on playing drums or guitar some day.How is that possible?

Haaseracer
03.08.02, 02:43 AM
I'm a drummer smile.gif

EDHEAD
03.08.02, 07:30 AM
I STARTED PLAYING PIANO, MY MOM MADE ME TAKE LESSONS AND IT SUCKED, THAT IS UNTILL 1984 CAME OUT, THEN IT WAS FUN.
BUT THERE STILL IS NOTHING LIKE CRANKING UP THAT GUITAR AMP AND NAILING A POWER CORD TO RELEASE A LITTLE STRESS!

Mean_Street
03.08.02, 07:37 AM
How is that possible?
i dont know, i just play along to the music. i'm not bad though. i'll have my dad teach me the chords. i'm going to get my own guitar soon.

Blind Willie Loons
03.08.02, 09:03 AM
Harmonica(Mississippi saxophone)
Guitar(mostly slide)
Bass(Juss e'ery nah and then, gotz to plug into that ol' rhythm sho nuff yez yez yez)
graemlins/devil.gif

Kamikazesheep
03.08.02, 11:10 AM
Mandolin I think (Its bin a while)... my lad plays drums, he's pretty good, but knocks the fuckin' things toooo hard...cant hear yerself goddamn play, no subtlety at all...ah well he is young, but he will learn graemlins/wtf.gif Spunes as well BTW

ScottRoberts
03.08.02, 05:27 PM
In addition to guitar, I play(ed) keyboards, and a LITTLE bit of bass and drums. smile.gif

homeunit
03.09.02, 01:46 AM
a tiny bit of keys, and too fucking much bass ;)

Mean_Street
03.09.02, 08:55 AM
i asked my dad if i knew any chords ad he said yes

its the one that you do when you're playing You Really Got Me, whats that note called?

laner
03.09.02, 01:55 PM
i pretend ( ;) ) to play bass.

and i recently invested in a jew's harp. that thing is sofa king cool. :cool:

i'll eventually invest in a mandolin and banjo, and pretend to play them as well. smile.gif

cloudieskie
03.09.02, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mean_Street:
I used to play flute but quit, now i'm in the General Music class and we play the uh, Alto-Recorder. its bigger than regular recorder. and i play guitar but i dont know any chords. and i plan on playing drums or guitar some day.damnit! i htought i was gonan be original! I play the recorder. i aslo know how to run a sound board! and i used to play piano and i know 5 guitar chords.

tripoutski
03.12.02, 09:01 AM
I own a plethora of guitars, basses, and keys, but the fact is that I suck (and I can admit it)! I can't play any of them things. It's still fun, though!

Blind Willie Loons
03.12.02, 09:31 AM
I alzo play Air Guitar and Air Hurdy Gurdy. graemlins/thumb.gif

Mean_Street
03.12.02, 04:21 PM
Air Guitar me too. but good thing we're getting tinted windows in the van, because i dont people looking strangly at me lol

SactoFan
03.12.02, 09:43 PM
I can play most single reed woodwinds, guitar, all the white boy beats on drums, and I can sing...

SMUDGE NYC
03.14.02, 01:37 PM
GUITAR
BASS
KEYS
PERCUSSION ( NOT DRUMS THOUGH )
SAND BLOCKS
THE JIMI HENDRICKS OF SLIDE WHISTLE
WASHBOARD
THAT FLICK THING AGAINST YOUR CHEEK SO YOU MADE A DRIP NOISE, I CAN DO THAT

paradiddle
03.15.02, 08:42 AM
Ever heard of a Dumbek?

[ March 15, 2002 at 09:42 AM: Message edited by: paradiddle ]</p>

THEMrBrownSound
03.15.02, 04:43 PM
I can actually sing pretty well, and I'm a competent bassist, a wannabe drummer & hack keyboard noodler... oh yeah, I can also make really cool farting noises with my armpit!

SBS

Lead Synth
03.16.02, 07:17 PM
Mostly I tear up the keyboards.

I also sing. Some people can't sing and play at the same time, I can *only* sing when I'm playing.

In high school band I played mallet percussion (marimba, chimes, xylophone, etc). I was bass drum in marching band. In the pep band at basketball games I played synth bass; that was my favorite part of band. In jazz band I pretended to play piano. I was also in this band with my drummer boyfriend that played only Nirvana, and they didn't have a bassist, so I played synth bass for them.

Cloudieskie, I also "know how to run a sound board." Sound is what I do for a living! and yes, I know what all those little knobs do. :D

But I got no clue what to do with a geetar!

atomicpunk2001
03.23.02, 05:43 PM
I play guitar mainly, a bit of bass and a bit less of keys.

I also plan to learn the drums (if I ever get around to it)

xaminer
03.27.02, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by tripoutski:
I own a plethora of guitars, basses, and keys, but the fact is that I suck (and I can admit it)! I can't play any of them things. It's still fun, though!A plethora? Do you know what a plethora is?
Si El Guapo!

Pumpkinhead
04.17.02, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Lead Synth:
Mostly I tear up the keyboards. I've broken a few keys myself! :D

I also "know how to run a sound board." Sound is what I do for a living! and yes, I know what all those little knobs do. :D I don't, I just sit there to pick up chicks! tongue.gif

But I got no clue what to do with a geetar!Thats the thing you throw on the stage at the end of the show right? :D

Actually, I play the following:
Piano
Hammond B-3
Synth
Drums
Also I have worked (work) as a sound (live / studio) engineer, backline tech, lighting tech, moving light tech, monitor engineer, Foh engineer, staging tech, Roofing systems tech, A/V tech, and spot op. There's a lot more but I don't feel like listing it all. Basically, I've pretty much been involved in music most of my life!