PDA

View Full Version : What is the hardest thing you play or try to play on guitar??

Unchained Wolfie
09.23.00, 05:39 PM
VH or non VH. What is the hardest thing you can play or have attempted to play on guitar?

------------------
"Take it off, Take it off, Yeah!"

E.B.A.S

AbeVanHalen
09.23.00, 07:41 PM
As a teacher, whenever a student didn't remember to bring their music with them to their lessons, and DIDN'T memorize their previous lesson, I always taught them "MMMMM Bop!" The problem was, whenever I'd demonstrate, I'd laugh so hard at myself, I couldn't play the thing for very long.

And that feeling of utter silliness was harder to overcome than any technical masterpiece I can think of.

Unchained Wolfie
09.23.00, 09:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
As a teacher, whenever a student didn't remember to bring their music with them to their lessons, and DIDN'T memorize their previous lesson, I always taught them "MMMMM Bop!" The problem was, whenever I'd demonstrate, I'd laugh so hard at myself, I couldn't play the thing for very long.

And that feeling of utter silliness was harder to overcome than any technical masterpiece I can think of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man you are cruel!! MMMBop!! LOL

Edward Van Halen
09.24.00, 06:56 AM
Well eric johnsons cliffs of dover is hard. But i am slowly learning it. Most of Yngwie Malmsteens stuff is also very very hard.

homeunit
09.24.00, 10:09 AM
Classical stuff in general, also a lot of traditional music like celtic stuff is hard! I find the phrasing the hardest part because it kinda goes against the rock stuff (at least for me).

------------------
Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
UN: vhlinks
PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
G4
"back to you, underpants" -Big Red Allan

crossing_over
09.24.00, 04:07 PM
ummm the hot for teacher intro

------------------
I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Wolfman
09.24.00, 04:12 PM
Satriani's "Circles".

------------------

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"...like falling down the stairs and landing on your feet." - Edward Van Halen describing his solos.

"I'm not scared of you punk - I got chunks of guys like you in my stools!" - "Sinatra" to "Billy Idol" on SNL

Alchemy
09.27.00, 10:37 AM
A tie between Yngwie Malmsteen's "Trilogy Suite Op:5" and the arpegio solo from Malmsteen's "The Seventh Sign" (That is damn near impossible).

------------------
"Honey, arn't you gonna catch a cold dressed like that?" - Dave
"We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward
"Yeah, I saw a yard gnome once...it didn't scare me." - Space Ghost