PDA

View Full Version : Tesla

Dusie
07.18.00, 05:36 PM
What do you think about Tesla?I thought they rocked pretty good.

track 5
07.18.00, 06:04 PM
Dude Tesla rocks. I have met Jeff and he is really cool. Have you had a listen to Sofa King? Out.

A.D.

heatmiser
07.18.00, 06:13 PM
I love Tesla and still listen to their music. Psychotic Supper is one of my favorite cd's. It's a shame they burnt out with the rest of the bands did when grunge took over. Frank Hannon is one underrated guitar player, he deserved a lot more recognition than he got.

ChrisTheEdHead
07.18.00, 07:08 PM
Their first album ROCKED!! Modern-Day Cowboy is an AWESOME song. After that, they kinda fell off my scope, though.

------------------
"Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

redfire
07.18.00, 07:12 PM
Tesla is cool with me.

------------------
Right Now..... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh

It's too damn hot for penguins just to be walkin' around.

Glenn
07.18.00, 09:40 PM
I saw Tesla twice. The first time they opened for Def Leppard on the Hysteria tour, and I think the second time was opening for Poison on the Open Up tour. Anyway, both times they rocked, although I never really followed their recording career.

Jason
07.19.00, 12:04 AM
I always did like Tesla, those guys rock!!!http://216.10.25.192/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif
I have all of their albums! I seen em' twice too, once with Leppard (Hysteria) and once with Great White (co-headline).

Panama Jack
07.19.00, 06:18 AM
Next to VH I could really dig a Tesla reunion!

Georgie
07.19.00, 07:53 AM
Cool band! I love their stuff.

Vic Vega_0609
07.19.00, 08:20 AM
"Love Song" is a great song. Very underrated band.

------------------
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

The Full Bug
07.19.00, 12:10 PM
Their aucostical album was awesome. I'd love to see them back togwther. I too saw them opening for Poison. They blew them off the stage!!!

------------------
"Cuz light at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train."

"Well guess who's back in circulation"

Eat Us and Smile

hellohawk
07.19.00, 12:58 PM
They rocked, one of my favorite bands in the '80's.

I saw them about five times, the first time was opening for DLR on the "Eat 'em" Tour.

diggyd
07.21.00, 01:26 PM
Excellent band. Saw 'em open up fo Def Lep on the Hysteria tour. Very good and underated. All their cd's are good and they sounded like they put alot of work into them.

ANGEL4U
07.21.00, 05:43 PM
They still around??
I catered a concert they did here in Dayton.
It was a small concert hall and it wasn't sold out. They have a couple of good tunes-
haven't heard anything new lately.

Rokgtar
07.22.00, 08:39 AM
I saw them on a triple bill with Badlands and Great White...

Excellent band!

@gent
07.22.00, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>ANGEL 4U
They still around??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are they doing? Loved covering them in HS!

[This message has been edited by @gent (edited July 22, 2000 at 06:22 PM).]

ANGEL4U
07.22.00, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by @gent:

ANGEL 4U
They still around??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are they doing? Loved covering them in HS!

[This message has been edited by @gent (edited July 22, 2000 at 06:22 PM).]

It was about 4-5 years ago when they were here. That's why I asked if they were still around.

tap1966
07.22.00, 05:37 PM
They split up but I expect they'll reunite if they haven't already. I saw their very first gig in the UK at the Marquee Club.

@gent
07.22.00, 05:52 PM
ANGEL 4U- Sorry, just agreeing & wanted the board to respond. Anyways, have alot of great memories of tha band. http://216.10.25.192/vhlforum/smilies/redface.gifhttp://216.10.25.192/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

Panama Dog
07.23.00, 03:06 PM
Great Band! I used to listen to these guys alot, IMO Tesla was one of the best bands of the 80's.

ANGEL4U
07.23.00, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
They split up but I expect they'll reunite if they haven't already. I saw their very first gig in the UK at the Marquee Club.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they have reunited and are working on an album. Thats what they said on the radio today anyway.

track 5
07.23.00, 07:32 PM
In a way they kinda reunited under the name of Sofa King. They were here not to long ago. "Lady Bug , Lady Bug" was their single. They played that song live in the studio of one of our radio stations. Jeff has not lost a thing. Class act. Out.

A.D.

redfire
07.27.00, 07:13 PM
I've been listening to them lately, Mechanic Resonence, Psychotic Supper and The Great Radio Controversy (just today) and I have to say Paradise just kicks ass.

------------------
Right Now..... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh

It's too damn hot for penguins just to be walkin' around.

track 5
07.02.01, 07:40 PM
Any you fuckers glad Tesla is getting back together? I sure the hell am. I hear they are gonna host LA Loyds Rock show or whatever the hell it's called, this weekend from Vegas. Anyway just thought I'd share that with my fellow Tesla fans. Out.

Cabo Kid
07.02.01, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty stoked about it, t5!!! I keep my eyes open for one of them highly sought after "taped shows"! smilies/biggrin.gif Haven't found any of them yet...when is the BIG tour starting or is this just a little club jaunt?

YankeeRose
07.02.01, 09:35 PM
I like Tesla.

I found three of their video's on the net at www.farmclub.com (http://www.farmclub.com)
If anyone wants to check it out.
smilies/cool.gif

SactoFan
07.02.01, 09:38 PM
Being that Tesla is a homegrown product, I dig them very much...They did a one off "reunion" gig at Arco last year...sold out 17,000!!

"Love Song" is, imho, one of the truly great rock tunes!!

jaybird
07.03.01, 05:31 AM
Tesla ROCKS! Saw them open for Def Leppard in '88. Great show!

Their first album is still one of my all-time fave's. smilies/smile.gif

Glenn
07.03.01, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaybird:
Saw them open for Def Leppard in '88. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Same here, though I never owned any of their albums. I also saw them open another show, I think it was on Poison's Flesh and Blood tour. They were a really solid live act, I'm not sure why I never got into their recorded work.

diggyd
07.04.01, 03:14 PM
What a coincidence! I saw them in 1988 open for Lep too. They are a great band. I have all of their cd's and I'm happy to say so.

rxman
07.08.01, 10:53 AM
Have always like Tesla alot. Went to see them this year on their reunion tour here in Phoenix and it was a great show. I hope they stay together long enough for another album.

I think this tour started out as a let's test the market thing. Did their one off show in Sacremento and were overwhelmed and then booked 5 dates, LA, Las Vegas and Phoenix being among those to test the waters. They found out people wanted to see them again so the tour grew from there.

Supposedly they are re-working their greatest hits package and will re-release that, plus they are getting ready to put out a live album from this tour too.

track 5
07.09.01, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info rxman. Lets hope that this leads into a new studio album for them. That would be a tad bit on the burly side imo. smilies/biggrin.gif Out.

track 5
07.09.01, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
I'm pretty stoked about it, t5!!! I keep my eyes open for one of them highly sought after "taped shows"! smilies/biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here man. You let me know if you see anything out in about I might want to hear. I'll most certainly do the same for you. Out.

JMJ
01.26.02, 06:30 PM
in vegas, anaheim, and hollywood.

just got some tix today for the hollywood show in february. they're gonna do a 5 man acoustical jam, so it says.

info can be found at ticketmaster.com. should be a great show! :D

JMJ

Test5150
01.26.02, 07:04 PM
Holy shit!!! Thanks for info, dude. :D

Tracy
01.26.02, 07:13 PM
I'm listening to "five man accoustic jam" now!
currently on "What you give"
Next i'll be putting in "bust a nut"
uggghh CA soooooooo far away! graemlins/cry.gif

jdogg5150
01.26.02, 07:15 PM
COOL! Still with original lineup?

JMJ
01.26.02, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jdogg5150:
COOL! Still with original lineup?far as i know.

somethin to tie me over til vh coes back ;)

JMJ

jdogg5150
01.26.02, 08:18 PM
Wish I could go. It'll be a party especially if it's acoustic! Make sure and post a review.

BEZEK KNOWS BEST
01.26.02, 10:30 PM
Those Hobo's still around!!!

www.suburban-highway.20megsfree.com (http://www.suburban-highway.20megsfree.com)

TheMightyCopenHalenII
01.26.02, 10:38 PM
Son of a fuck...looks like I'll have to miss the Tesla reunion not once, twice, but three?

Fuck!!!

therealdeal
02.09.03, 05:31 PM
Short of a breakthrough in the near future, Tesla will not be releasing any new music anytime soon...

Brian and Troy have both demonstrated "their share of problems" in recording sessions since the tour wrapped last September. Also, they still don't have a label interested in picking them up.

If anyone's interested I'll keep you posted.

The Real Deal

5150guy
02.09.03, 09:22 PM
Check out their official site (http://www.teslatheband.com/News/NewsList.aspx?i=48) .
Also, aren't they signed to Sanctuary?

FH
02.10.03, 04:35 AM
Keep us posted.

Canyon Carver
02.10.03, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by therealdeal:
Short of a breakthrough in the near future, Tesla will not be releasing any new music anytime soon...

Brian and Troy have both demonstrated "their share of problems" in recording sessions since the tour wrapped last September. Also, they still don't have a label interested in picking them up.

If anyone's interested I'll keep you posted.

The Real Deal I hope we get to soon hear good music from this fantastic band.
Keep us updated.

Thanks.

therealdeal
02.10.03, 05:41 PM
5150g,

I just now looked at the news page at the web site after not having checked it for some time. My news came direct from the engineer himself - one Mr. Rosen, who is also involved with my original project (not The Real Deal band...). He's been none too happy with one guy in Tesla in particular...but if they've finally gotten over the hump, I'm glad to hear of it...

As for Sanctuary, they're not yet *certain* to carry the next album (that's direct from Troy...).

The Real Deal

5150guy
02.10.03, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by therealdeal:
5150g,

I just now looked at the news page at the web site after not having checked it for some time. My news came direct from the engineer himself - one Mr. Rosen, who is also involved with my original project (not The Real Deal band...). He's been none too happy with one guy in Tesla in particular...but if they've finally gotten over the hump, I'm glad to hear of it...

As for Sanctuary, they're not yet *certain* to carry the next album (that's direct from Troy...).

The Real Deal That doesn't sound so bad. It would be nice if Sanctuary carried it.

PS:
Today I went out and bought "The Great Radio Controversy". Awesome album all the way through! graemlins/thumb.gif

andsomeonesaid
02.12.03, 07:13 PM
I hope tesla gets their act together because they are a damn good band! Anybody who has never seen Tesla live needs to...one of the best live bands i have seen.

track 5
02.12.03, 08:25 PM
Without a fucking doubt one of the best bands ever. Out.