PDA

View Full Version : Tool

Jason
06.13.00, 11:03 AM
I've recently listened to a track by a group called A Perfect Circle, I thought they sounded sorta apeshit! (which means fuckin' awesome!) I have "Undertow" by Tool.

Rick S
06.13.00, 12:55 PM
thats cause perfect circle s lead singer is tools lead singer...this band is his project....i dont like tool to much....but i love perfect circle ,i got the cd..http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
eddie vanhalen , there is no substitute.
Official member of G6.

Aquatic Punk
06.13.00, 04:55 PM
Dude, I just recently bought my first (not last) TOOL cd (undertow). Man, they are they most messed up band I have heard in a long time. Their videos can scare the crap outa ya too (AEnima and Sober). Great band though. Perfect Circle is ok, but I am really waitin on new stuff by TOOL. They haven't come out with anything since '95.

z28girl
06.14.00, 06:40 AM
I love Tool! I only have Undertow and you have to be prepared for the heavy, dark themes of their music, but they really kick ass - great groove and killer guitar, plus the lead singer's voice is mezmerizing. A Perfect Circle isn't really his project, though. The guitarist was a guitar tech for Tool and put this band together and the lead singer from Tool (I wish I could remember his name) heard them and asked to sing because the next Tool CD is taking too long to put together and he wanted a break. I like the new song I heard and will probably buy this CD too. Cool video.

------------------
Could this be magic?

Jason
06.16.00, 03:02 AM
Maynard James Keenan

No Bozo's
08.27.00, 01:52 AM
Tool fuckin rocks man http://208.50.7.95/vhlforum/smilies/cool.gif maynard is the shit and is the next thing to christ man http://208.50.7.95/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif LOL

------------------
Broken down 'n' dirty dressed in rags

I'm searchin for a moonlight and maybe even for a moonbeam, Yah you spent a lie and got lost in the jetstream ...

dankatenik
08.28.00, 06:55 AM
tool took off where janes addiction left.janes made the foundation...tool built upon it.

az5150
08.31.00, 10:08 PM
Tool does a killer version of "No Quarter" In concert sometimes. Maynard has a hell of a voice. I saw APC open for NIN. I hear APC does Diary of a madman mixed with a Cure song, still haven't heard It, but I think It's on the setlist of their current headliner tour. I like em both.

BrokenCombs
09.02.00, 02:00 PM
Tool is awesome. Those guys are underrated in my opinion.

Jason
09.07.00, 10:37 PM
Just in case anyone's interested, I heard that Tool is planning two new releases within the next six months.

Aquatic Punk
09.08.00, 09:35 AM
Great, I have been waitin for new Tool forever now. Good to know.

Brett
09.08.00, 11:43 AM
I have "Undertow." I liked it, but I'm not a big Tool fan.

------------------
Webmaster
VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
http://www.vhlinks.com

Aquatic Punk
04.03.02, 12:46 PM
Hey, any new fans since the latest release.

I now have every album...when I first posted on this thread I had just bought my first one.

I could actually call tool my favorite band.

digging old threads up is cooooool :cool:

Abatoir
04.03.02, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
Dude, I just recently bought my first (not last) TOOL cd (undertow). Man, they are they most messed up band I have heard in a long time. Their videos can scare the crap outa ya too (AEnima and Sober). Great band though. Perfect Circle is ok, but I am really waitin on new stuff by TOOL. They haven't come out with anything since '95.What? They just released "Lateralus" less than a year ago! If you don't have this album, do yourself a favor and go get it!

Dan Halen
04.03.02, 03:10 PM
I became a fan after the release of Lateralus, which is now my favorite Tool album. Prison Sex and Forty Six & 2 are my favorite songs. :cool:

Aquatic Punk
04.03.02, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Abatoir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
Dude, I just recently bought my first (not last) TOOL cd (undertow). Man, they are they most messed up band I have heard in a long time. Their videos can scare the crap outa ya too (AEnima and Sober). Great band though. Perfect Circle is ok, but I am really waitin on new stuff by TOOL. They haven't come out with anything since '95.What? They just released "Lateralus" less than a year ago! If you don't have this album, do yourself a favor and go get it!</font>[/QUOTE]I know dude......I dug this thread up from a looong time ago.

FanHalen
04.04.02, 03:17 AM
Don't hold your breath for another TOOL release. They've stated in recent interviews that a new record won't see the light of day for at least 4 years! I suggest some of you guys pick up their DVD release from 2000. It has all of their vids from Aenima and Undertow (on VHS, too) and a bonus CD of live songs and the studio version of "No Quarter", plus a hidden track. Maynard is set to record a follow-up to APC's debut late this year. Go to Audiogalaxy or Morpheus and download APC's "Diary of a Love Song"(it's recorded live). It's a mix of Ozzy's "Diary" and The Cure's "Love Song" that works in a twisted-way! I wish they'd recorded a studio version of that one!

[ April 04, 2002 at 04:18 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

The Full BuD
04.04.02, 08:26 AM
"Opiate" is my personal favorite Tool album, but they've grown a little too artsy for me lately. I hardly ever listen to "Lateralus". I wonder if they're starting to run out of ideas? I much prefer A Perfect Circle these days.

Ian Sane
04.04.02, 08:33 PM
TOOL is an awesome band. I have all their albums Opiate , Undertow , Aenima , Salival and Lateralus . The A PERFECT CIRCLE album Mer De Noms is pretty good too. I also saw these guys live a few years back at the Horden Pavillion in Sydney and it stands as one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

[ April 04, 2002 at 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Ian Sane ]</p>

Aquatic Punk
04.04.02, 09:03 PM
dude, Tool concerts are amazing. I went this fall and I couldn't have imagined a better set list. great show. can't wait to see 'em again.

FanHalen
04.05.02, 03:16 AM
I just didn't dig the TOOL show this time around. What's with Maynard hiding behind fucking screens now?!?